Geoff Collins named Temple HC

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The only game he made good adjustments in was the Georgia game. Which I admit is a pretty big one for us, but for the most part we either floundered on D in the 2nd half (Bama, FSU, Tenn) or won on pure talent alone (KY, Missou etc).

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yes - every former player you hear talk about the games he calls says he is an idiot it seems and he has just got bailed out a lot by our talent level up until now and with the lower talent next season he would probably get us killed. That is why you see the big breakdowns when he faces equal talent on the other side. I trust Shannon more than sidehat to call a defense.
I feel like a broken record asking you to source something, but do you have a link to any former players saying this?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Since this entire staff is likely to be gone within two years, a good recruiter is far more important than a good coach right now. Promoting from within is an awful decision, because they've already all proven they can't recruit.

Sep 29, 2015
Since this entire staff is likely to be gone within two years, a good recruiter is far more important than a good coach right now. Promoting from within is an awful decision, because they've already all proven they can't recruit.

I agree, but Gray can recruit. I'd be happy if Mac elevated him to DC. Alternatively, maybe they bring in an outsider who is a great recruiter and can bring some of his current recruits with him (though that doesn't happen often - usually the kids stick).

As for Collins, not surprised he got a HC gig and would have been surprised if he hadn't. I think he's a good DC, but his recruiting prowess left much to be desired so I think this can become a positive development overall. Lastly, the fact that he did leave is a pretty good indication that the level of fall off on the defense will be high. He likely calculated that he had to strike while the iron was hot.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be ok with Lupoi or Shannon. But lets throw the kitchen sink at Charlie.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Any takers for Nussy.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@_ZachAttacks: I already knew @CoachCollins was out of there. Congrats coach ✊. On that note im still a gator idk what yall think this is #loyal

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ZachAbolverdi: It's not. Again, #Gators won't lose any defensive commits and their top targets will still be in play.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Shannon is currently co-DC, so he will probably be made full DC... and we will pick up a LB coach from Valdosta St.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Good for Collins, but this isn't good for the Gators. Losing a DC, other coaches on our staff, recruiting relationships, staff continuity, etc. We're rebuilding a program. Not saying it's a killer, but no upside for us.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:bananarope:

Finally, some good news. Now only three or four more that must go.

Pumpers now admit he is a terrible recruiter and mediocre prevent playing sob who will get blamed for Butters' blowouts in 3... 2....1...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.