Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well isn't that interesting…

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
It was a big enough deal on Wall Street today that their stock was suspended in trading...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;301392 said:
Did Grier get his supplements from GNC or somewhere else?

Early reporting said GNC. But I don't know if that was ever substantiated.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just one more reason why they shouldn't be buying their own supplements. Anything legal can be obtained by the team nutritionist and they all know it.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I thought Grier was at Complete Nutrition

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Now we know why Morgan and Morgan are involved in Grier's case. He might have a legitimate claim.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The NCAA wont care how or why.... they only care that it was in Grier's (piss??) test.

Just go back and look at the case of that UGA olineman. They DONT care.

This story is interesting, and might be a wrinkle in our case, but will have no impact in the end.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This could get interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n301410 said:
The NCAA wont care how or why.... they only care that it was in Grier's (piss??) test.

This story is interesting, and might be a wrinkle in our case, but will have no impact in the end.

I think with that guy they were okay with forgiving him, but wouldn't let him on the field until it stopped showing up in the tests.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
bradgator2;n301410 said:

The uga admin is pretty notorious for being weak in these types of cases. They don't have the clout of Foley or the desire to back their players they way that many other programs--including our own--will do. I read their boards occasionally and many crucified the AD for his handling of both the Houston and Gurley cases. Instead of actively trying to defend their guy, they just sort of took it on the chin. I don't expect that from us. If there's any discrepancy or angle to play, I fully expect us to pursue it, and am fairly confident that we'd at least get a reduction.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n301443 said:
Me thinks not everything is making it on the labels. If that's the case, the trainer check would be pointless.

:exactly:

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
In the early 90s - it was Hot Stuff... that stuff worked great - it also tripped PED tests.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It most certainly will matter in a legality case that challenges the NCAA's right to deal out playing suspensions
when the athlete along with official trainers cannot know that there are "hidden" ingredients in a powder-mix for
drinking as a "natural" concoction. ??

Such suspensions should be examined as harm to any athlete achieving his $$-paying career, his future income. In
that consideration, suspensions should not be for an entire year interfering with a second season.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
investigation came as a welcome surprise to health experts who have long complained about the quality and safety of dietary supplements, which are exempt from the strict regulatory oversight applied to prescription drugs.
The Food and Drug Administration has targeted individual supplements found to contain dangerous ingredients. But the announcement Monday was the first time that a law enforcement agency had threatened the biggest retail and drugstore chains with legal action for selling what it said were deliberately misleading herbal products.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/...neral-targets-supplements-at-major-retailers/

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.