Go Rebs!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's great. FSU has it's largest comback in school history.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
How the **** do you blow a 22 point lead in 15 minutes and lose the damn game. I realize fsu is good enough to challenge, but damn you ran their asses in the first half. Sh@t. Get dedicated. Get consistent. Actually TRY TO WIN.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Francois was a totally different QB in the 2nd half. Crazy how different it was.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Just saw their RB had 12 carries and they only ran 64 plays to FSU 93. Man is that some bad defense by ole miss

The Ole Miss offense didn't do the D any favors. Additionally, their scoring drives in the first half were around 2 minutes each. FSU killed them in TOP.

Honestly, FSU has significantly more talent than Ole Miss and the FSU QB settled down. Fisher is the best college QB coach in the country, I'm not surprised by the result.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
How many of you guys wanted Hugh Freeze as the coach????? What a sh!t show :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Not defending Freeze now as it's clear he wouldn't have been the right guy but hell at least he made it competitive.

Did you not see Hee Haw's gameplan against UMASS? Hell Hee Haw's team put up 2 points against FSU last year...

Laugh all you want about Freeze because it is justified but don't act we are in some kind of magical place with out team

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This game was like salt on an open wound. We're flailing around and FSU may have found yet another dynamic young QB. In the Tebow years it looked like we were going to leave that school in the dust for good, now we're looking up to them in every aspect. It's totally inexcusable, and Foley is by far the biggest to blame.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
Not defending Freeze now as it's clear he wouldn't have been the right guy but hell at least he made it competitive.

Did you not see Hee Haw's gameplan against UMASS? Hell Hee Haw's team put up 2 points against FSU last year...

Laugh all you want about Freeze because it is justified but don't act we are in some kind of magical place with out team

1)I don't know who "Hee-Haw" is.

2)Freeze is as overrated as Stoops.

3) I don't get it

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
1)I don't know who "Hee-Haw" is.

2)Freeze is as overrated as Stoops.

3) I don't get it

1. Butterteeth, Hee-Haw, etc...

2. Stoops has won a title at least he has that. Freeze is just a shady recruiter.

3. Simply put; we play like we did against Ole Piss from Georgia of 2015 till now and we get slaughtered

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Was this game some kind of fluke ? FSU WRs were wide open everywhere?
Will Francois be that capable in all games? FSU started as #4; then in the first
half we could expect that they would be in danger of dropping out of the Top 10.
Then during post-game a pundit moved them up to #2 behind Bama ?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Interesting game. My takeaways were that Ole Miss can pass and score a lot, but as we saw that makes their defense play more and they got worn out and worn thin by injuries. As others said, if we can shut down their passing, they become no-dimensional on offense. But the way they were getting open against the F$U defense I'm not sure we could shut down the passing game. Even with a depleted defense, I don't have confidence in our offense keeping in it just yet. But....we don't have to play Ole Miss (except maybe in the SECCG).

Watching F$U....I'm not sure why they were getting their 4$$ kicked in the first half, but they made the right adjustments and exploited what came their way. It irked me watching what appeared to be a bunch of pass plays to Cook with a few Cook runs sprinkled in and a random Francoise run here or there. Seems a defense would have known how to cover Cook and take that part away. But the biggest thing for me was how the light came on for that QB and it became an unstoppable offense. Yeah, the Ole Miss defense gave more than they should have (being down on CBs) but for a RFr QB, that kid turned it on big time. I don't think we can hang with F$U this year, not if they can consistently play like that. We just aren't there yet, IMO.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FSU will lose to Louisville and Clemson. Their O-line gave up a ton of hits on their QB. Their Defense gave up a lot of yards and points. Ole Miss never has a good defense so it was no surprise that FSU came back on them. QB Kelly always throws INTs too. FSU will lose some games with a new QB. Book it baby!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
FSU will lose to Louisville and Clemson. Their O-line gave up a ton of hits on their QB. Their Defense gave up a lot of yards and points. Ole Miss never has a good defense so it was no surprise that FSU came back on them. QB Kelly always throws INTs too. FSU will lose some games with a new QB. Book it baby!

Clemson sure but UL? FSU is loaded everywhere. They'll beat the tar out of UL.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to admit it, but Jimbo is actually a good coach. He made adjustments at halftime and got his team playing better and more disciplined.

We can talk all we want about McElwain finding great 3*s and coaching them up, but when you watch FSU, OSU or Bama you see the difference 4 and 5 star players make. They are bigger, faster and with good coaching will dominate players with less athletic abilities. All thee of those teams have good coaching. If we don't pick up recruiting and find an OL and QB then it is going to be a decade of average football at UF.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I hate to admit it, but Jimbo is actually a good coach. He made adjustments at halftime and got his team playing better and more disciplined.

We can talk all we want about McElwain finding great 3*s and coaching them up, but when you watch FSU, OSU or Bama you see the difference 4 and 5 star players make. They are bigger, faster and with good coaching will dominate players with less athletic abilities. All thee of those teams have good coaching. If we don't pick up recruiting and find an OL and QB then it is going to be a decade of average football at UF.

I'm not completely discrediting Fisher as a coach. But I still think games like last night were more about the talent they've accumulated recently(which is a credit to him in itself), than specific coaching and game planning by him or his staff. A guy like Walker just taking over a game, imo, is just sheer athleticism. Same with Cook, the WR's and even Francois. They're just loaded. And as Ox pointed out, watching them reminds me of where we were under Meyer, where at every position, there was superior strength, speed and talent.

The other factor here is the whole "swag" thing. Like the word itself, it's completely made up and carries no real substance. For some reason we've glamorized this faux confidence/arrogance and made it seem like an asset. In reality, while it may look good at times when things are going well, as soon as the player/team gets punched in the mouth, it crumbles. See our game last year.

Guys like Tebow, Leak, Mariota, McCarron, etc. had supreme confidence and have accomplishments to show for it. The swag guys like Kelly, Bray and Manziel are more about some alter ego than actually wining and will consistently accomplish nothing.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not completely discrediting Fisher as a coach. But I still think games like last night were more about the talent they've accumulated recently(which is a credit to him in itself), than specific coaching and game planning by him or his staff. A guy like Walker just taking over a game, imo, is just sheer athleticism. Same with Cook, the WR's and even Francois. They're just loaded. And as Ox pointed out, watching them reminds me of where we were under Meyer, where at every position, there was superior strength, speed and talent.

The other factor here is the whole "swag" thing. Like the word itself, it's completely made up and carries no real substance. For some reason we've glamorized this faux confidence/arrogance and made it seem like an asset. In reality, while it may look good at times when things are going well, as soon as the player/team gets punched in the mouth, it crumbles. See our game last year.

Guys like Tebow, Leak, Mariota, McCarron, etc. had supreme confidence and have accomplishments to show for it. The swag guys like Kelly, Bray and Manziel are more about some alter ego than actually wining and will consistently accomplish nothing.

I used to think that Fisher is not a great coach, but last night I saw receivers running wide open all over the place. I saw a game plan adjusted to make short passes to receivers who can make plays and give the QB confidence. I saw a defense adjust and shut down Ole Miss in the second half when they couldn't stop them in the first half.

Do players make a difference... Hell Yes. Is FSU loaded... clearly, but I'm starting to see that they are well coached also.

It sucks. I hate seeing FSU like this. They are dominant right now in the state and there is no reason to assume they won't be until we can match them from a talent perspective.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Fisher has the most wins in CFB history in his first six seasons. I hate FSU but that's hard to ignore.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
We're seeing a complete reversal from the Meyer vs. Bowden years. Bobby was at the end of his run and he just didn't have it anymore. Meyer came in at the perfect time and was able to just tear up every recruit he wanted left and right while Bobby wasn't getting those players and he wasn't coaching worth a darn. Bobby set that program back several years at the end of his tenure and Meyer was all over it. We dominated them for years because of it.

Then Jimbo comes in the year Meyer cashed it in and had to "compete" with Chump. Same exact situation just reversed. It's miserable and I don't know if we are going to catch FSU any time soon. The sad thing is even Miami looked better than us brand new coach and all..

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator