Gotta love Emmitt

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Could be twofold

1. Perhaps this what one looks like after having been prison bytched OR

2, He was worried that his son, all 5'10" or so of him was one hit away from possibly having to play behind our O-Line and a few 300LB. first round NFL draft picks about 6 feet away.

Yes, his prison time crossed my mind! I'm the same age as him....and (imo) look, much, much, much better!

The broadcast mentioned that his son was next up at QB, and that's complete bullsh*t. Sproles is the first walk-on and it's not even close.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:facepalm:

You've eliminated about 75% of the music industry if you judge by substance abuse.
I don't eliminate them. Unless their music is garbage. I still listen to Motley Crue and they are junkies too.

I spent three years in Gainesville and I never once hear anything said about the Petty the Bob Dylan wannabe. Not once. Im pretty sure I didn't know anyone who ever bought a CD. Never heard him on the radio. He certainly wasnt around. He was about as important to Gainesville as Rick Astley, Pete Gabriel or any other washed up poptart from the 70s or 80s.

Not going to pretend that he means anything now just bc the University wanted a distraction from the garbage coach they hired by honoring a garbage musician.

He left Gainseville, moved to LA and spent his life there (by choice). Why should I care?

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't eliminate them. Unless their music is garbage. I still listen to Motley Crue and they are junkies too.

I spent three years in Gainesville and I never once hear anything said about the Petty the Bob Dylan wannabe. Not once. Im pretty sure I didn't know anyone who ever bought a CD. Never heard him on the radio. He certainly wasnt around. He was about as important to Gainesville as Rick Astley, Pete Gabriel or any other washed up poptart from the 70s or 80s.

Not going to pretend that he means anything now just bc the University wanted a distraction from the garbage coach they hired by honoring a garbage musician.

He left Gainseville, moved to LA and spent his life there (by choice). Why should I care?
Petty had chameleon periods where he sounded like McGuinn followed by Dylan. He was gone for LA long before you arrived. If you'd hung out more with native Gainesvillians, you'd have heard about him more.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014

Donk you are the most knowledgeable poster on this board but, sometimes you have to be schooled. You didn't live in Gainesville, you went to school in Gainesville. Tom Petty grew up here and many teens and young adults listened to his music in nightclubs and venues as small as coffee shops. He even gave guitar lessons to many young teenagers one of best friends included but, he moved on in life with no university ties to bring him back like the majority of the people here. Personally I'm no big fan but calling him a wannabe is one of the dumbest things you ever said, I mean right up there with the " last years line will be the worst one Hevesy ever has here " statement ( boy did you miss that one ) As for the adoption of the "we won't back down "song you had to be there the first time it was played as a tribute, when LSU's band tried to play over the top of it and the fans stepped in and drowned the a $ $holes out. If that doesn't happen I'm sure it's never played again. If I have an issue with the song it's the fact that pre Savage we always backed down because we weren't conditioned not to but, that seems to not be an issue anymore. I'll be interested to see if I get a drunk, stoned or a facepalm from you but, whichever, you're still my favorite poster.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Wait! Wait. Wait. You left out Donk saying Trask would never play a down. He still could be right on the O-LINE. They still have half a season for an amazing turn around.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wait! Wait. Wait. You left out Donk saying Trask would never play a down. He still could be right on the O-LINE. They still have half a season for an amazing turn around.
OL clwould probably be much better if we stopped the silly playcalling we are doing.

This is way above your paygrade though so I wont bother trying to explain it to you.

Mullen is REALLY hardheaded though.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Donk you are the most knowledgeable poster on this board but, sometimes you have to be schooled. You didn't live in Gainesville, you went to school in Gainesville. Tom Petty grew up here and many teens and young adults listened to his music in nightclubs and venues as small as coffee shops. He even gave guitar lessons to many young teenagers one of best friends included but, he moved on in life with no university ties to bring him back like the majority of the people here. Personally I'm no big fan but calling him a wannabe is one of the dumbest things you ever said, I mean right up there with the " last years line will be the worst one Hevesy ever has here " statement ( boy did you miss that one ) As for the adoption of the "we won't back down "song you had to be there the first time it was played as a tribute, when LSU's band tried to play over the top of it and the fans stepped in and drowned the a $ $holes out. If that doesn't happen I'm sure it's never played again. If I have an issue with the song it's the fact that pre Savage we always backed down because we weren't conditioned not to but, that seems to not be an issue anymore. I'll be interested to see if I get a drunk, stoned or a facepalm from you but, whichever, you're still my favorite poster.
T&T killed it with this post. That song is now gonna be iconic. For a variety of reasons and fits us. Connects the past of great Gville musicians and the greatest and our football to the present. Dont forget one of the most horrific movies of all time and Petty.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Mullen is REALLY hardheaded though.
with a ten game winning streak AND with a roster you have eviscerated numerous times..............I will take his hard head
over yours from now to next Tuesday..........JUST how much is Ox paying you.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.