Grantham’s Defense

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Who arent yes men.

Especially not yes men. As a CEO I used to tell my executive staff that I think all my ideas are brilliant....your job is to convince me when they’re not.

But I also told them I was not interested in their complaints. If they wanted to point out a problem they better be proposing solutions.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Legit concern. I share it as well. Hopefully we’ll see sooner than later.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Especially not yes men. As a CEO I used to tell my executive staff that I think all my ideas are brilliant....your job is to convince me when they’re not.
It's the main problem I see in non-military leadership. Your job is to support the commander, offer constructive criticism, to challenge, to make the plans better, to make contingency plans, etc, when in the presence of the other leaders. Of course, then once the decision is made, you support the command and execute.

They tend to get both aspects wrong.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I tend to agree with the announcer I was listening to. If they get to the 50 we would start bringing some heat. Until then not as necessary.
I think it might have been different if Marco was at one of the corners. But with Trey or McWilliams out there, you don't want to gamble as much.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
An attacking defense is great until you get burned, right? Live by the sword etc. But after years of bend then break defenses (going back to Zook) I’ll take the attacking D.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
An attacking defense is great until you get burned, right? Live by the sword etc. But after years of bend then break defenses (going back to Zook) I’ll take the attacking D.
Corners or backers get burned in man, yes. But there is no excuse for a safety being burned deep. If a safety can't do his job, it doesn't really matter what you play though. They will get burned in soft cover 2 as well as a blitz press man 1.

I agree, give me an attacking defense. Most college QBs can't beat you over the top under pressure anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.