Grantham spurns Bengals, stays at UF

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Tavaris Robinson? Just a Champ puppet? Would he interest us as D-coordinator? Stupid suggestion?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
1st question...what am I missing on English? Seems many here would welcome his departure. What am I missing?

2nd question...we all know Durkin is a great DC so ability isn't the question, but isn't he too "toxic" still after the Maryland thing? I just could see recruits parents not feeling warm and fuzzy about him being their son's future coach.

If the Noles can get away with hiring Briles, we should definitely get a pass on bringing Durkin back.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Va tech is flailing and Fuentes is on the hot seat but will get another probably 2 seasons. Make bud foster a big boy offer or get MM.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He lost the game bc he scored twenty fggging points vs a directional school and 3 points after half.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Tavaris Robinson? Just a Champ puppet? Would he interest us as D-coordinator? Stupid suggestion?
Wouldnt hate it. Kicking Chimp in the dick is good. Schemes are pretty close so minimal adjustments for the kids.

He is an elite recruiter. Im not sure of he is actually done any playcalling. Chimp never gave up the offensive play-calling, so I'm sure he's never given up defense.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Wouldnt hate it.

The reason I bring him up is, he's a good recruiter if I remember correctly. Has ties to us, and I don't believe we go out and break the bank on a D-Coordinator hire, we just don't seem to do that. He would be someone I think we could get at a decent price.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't claim to know what's going on behind closed doors and behind the scenes. The only thing we have to project on (as fans)is how they've managed their duties as a position coach and what not. Based off of that and his long tenure with bud foster, Gray would be the best guy from within the staff. I never said promoting from within would be my first move.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

Do you mean Diaz who is now a head coach or sidehat who did a decent job at Temple and spun that into the G. Tech job? Seems Mullen knew better than you.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Not sure how much he actually gameplanned or called plays. You’d have to get rid of Engrish b/c 3 dB coaches, so plus there.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

I stand corrected. Sorry for being rude. I’m going on 4 hours sleep in 2 days. I’ll have to look him up. Thanks.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I don’t know. With time those old bastards kinda grow on you...
Wouldn’t you love to see him on the sidelines again, chewing his cud and screaming inconrehensible garbage.

2228.jpg

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Y'all want a nasty D? See if Mickey Andrews is available :lmao:

Someone told me a few years back that he had coached at UF in the early 80’s. I thought he was full of sh!t, but I looked it up, and he did. Probably part of the reason we got buried on probation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.