Grantham spurns Bengals, stays at UF

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I’ll throw a name out for DC. What about Jim Leavitt at Oregon? He’s a solid DC and recruiter. He runs an aggressive style. His buyout is 500k, so not that bad.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So you'd be happy to lose our best recruiter because of where he went to college? Or our best DC since 2012 because he coached at one of our rivals for a little while? Makes perfect sense. I for one hope we keep them both and I bet Mullen does as well.
If you think grantham is our best recruiter i dont know if there's much else to say :facepalm:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So you'd be happy to lose our best recruiter because of where he went to college? Or our best DC since 2012 because he coached at one of our rivals for a little while? Makes perfect sense. I for one hope we keep them both and I bet Mullen does as well.
He isnt our best DC since 2012. He is our best DC since Sidehat. He is ok, maybe above average, not elite by any means.

And yes, fvkk ALL Dwags is ALWAYS the answer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Definitely agree with Law and Alky that if Grantham bolts promoting Gray makes the most sense
I dont know that is my suggestion, but Id be cool w it.

Last edited:

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
Is Gray truly the best "current staff member" candidate for the position? Granted he's talented, but does anyone feel we have a better option on staff? Dooley made a comment on his "Dooley Noted" last night that he could see CRob getting a "look". I disagree with that considering CRob doesn't have the experience. Players and recruits might love him and relate to him (read plenty where recruits love his age and how he can relate to them), but being "Mr. Popular" and being a darn good/on verge of great D-Coord are two different things and I'd rather have the latter. IMO.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Is Gray truly the best "current staff member" candidate for the position? Granted he's talented, but does anyone feel we have a better option on staff? Dooley made a comment on his "Dooley Noted" last night that he could see CRob getting a "look". I disagree with that considering CRob doesn't have the experience. Players and recruits might love him and relate to him (read plenty where recruits love his age and how he can relate to them), but being "Mr. Popular" and being a darn good/on verge of great D-Coord are two different things and I'd rather have the latter. IMO.
if tooley actually said that, it just further proves what a bumbling retard he is. CRob was a freaking grad assistant 15 months ago, and wasnt really qualified for the position coach role he was inserted in this season. Our LB play sucked out loud by the way, although he does seem to be a decent recruiter. This DC nonsense is batsht crazy.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Venables just shut down Bama. He's the best in the biz. He deserves every penny.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Because the linebackers look so good this year?

#33 was good when he arrived. #11 was just as terrible, apparently totally unaware of gap assignments and not forced to learn. No one else appeared to get any better.

At his year end review, what evidence would you use to argue for retention even? Young and kids like him? obviously that's something, but the only thing I can think of the linebackers did well this year was blitz.

I'm sure I'm just jaded because he's a d w a g.

That being said, I doubt even Bungles will take a guy with 11 months experience, but I sure wouldnt miss him.

Because he’s a fantastic recruiter. Just a month ago you were on a tear about coaching not being as important as recruiting.

He’s a young guy who’s still figuring out coaching.

We got one of the best LB hauls in the nation this year.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Gray? Lol. Dooley has no idea what he’s talking about. English would be the best suited I guess currently on staff. Crob does need a title extension and a raise though. A big raise.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Grays the most qualified current staff member and it's not even up for debate. English is a bum. Crob is a great recruiter and a good young coach but he's only been a position coach for 1 for one year. That idea is crazy to me.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

OMG ... within your first 7 posts you quote Dooley in a serious way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator