Grantham STAYING; assistant coach hires & fires

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@uSTADIUM: Some college coaches that have been mentioned by @AlbertBreer to join Urban Meyer should he take the #Jaguars job: ex-Texas coach Charlie Strong, ex-Rutgers coach Chris Ash and current Colorado State coach Steve Addazi.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
@uSTADIUM: Some college coaches that have been mentioned by @AlbertBreer to join Urban Meyer should he take the #Jaguars job: ex-Texas coach Charlie Strong, ex-Rutgers coach Chris Ash and current Colorado State coach Steve Addazi.
The Dazzler at OC! This ensures the Jags offense will continue with it's current trend of sucking.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Put the Jag thing in here because of Ash being rumored for both jobs.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This may have been mentioned in this thread. If so, I apologize. I am not going back and reading through 30 pages. But, according to 1010xl, Mullen did not fire Gray and English. The administration fired them. Mullen wasn’t going to get rid of anyone on his staff.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
This may have been mentioned in this thread. If so, I apologize. I am not going back and reading through 30 pages. But, according to 1010xl, Mullen did not fire Gray and English. The administration fired them. Mullen wasn’t going to get rid of anyone on his staff.

Under what grounds? The recruiting violation?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Yep. According to 1010xl, it really pissed off the administration.

Any time stamps known as to when Mullen was told? Could explain him pretty much shutting shop down after SEC game since he is a bit of a whinney baby type.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

A staff like that in the NFL will have Leyer's health issues putting him in the hospital by week 10!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Any time stamps known as to when Mullen was told? Could explain him pretty much shutting shop down after SEC game since he is a bit of a whinney baby type.

They didn’t give any. Maybe they talked about it before. I rarely listen to 1010xl any more. Whether it is true I don’t know. Thought it interesting and posted it. Matt Hayes, Frangie, and Hicken were the ones talking it.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
They didn’t give any. Maybe they talked about it before. I rarely listen to 1010xl any more. Whether it is true I don’t know. Thought it interesting and posted it. Matt Hayes, Frangie, and Hicken were the ones talking it.

UA takes a lot of heat around here and not arguing that it isn't warranted. Fuchs Strick and Fuchs Fooley hiding in the shadows. But if true, it makes me a bit happy that something makes them take action. However, it sets precedence that it will take a lot for them to get rid of Mullen. As long as he is winning 9ish games a year and not getting smacked by the ncaa, mullen will be good. I wonder how much hot water the ncaa imposed fines on Mullen for inciting a fight as well as the post game comments about the kung flu got him in with the UA. Could mean Mullen has some strikes against him.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
UA takes a lot of heat around here and not arguing that it isn't warranted. Fuchs Strick and Fuchs Fooley hiding in the shadows. But if true, it makes me a bit happy that something makes them take action. However, it sets precedence that it will take a lot for them to get rid of Mullen. As long as he is winning 9ish games a year and not getting smacked by the ncaa, mullen will be good. I wonder how much hot water the ncaa imposed fines on Mullen for inciting a fight as well as the post game comments about the kung flu got him in with the UA. Could mean Mullen has some strikes against him.
The NCAA show-cause and the program being on probation is a major strike against Mullinz and should have him on a short lease. The only thing saving him is he is Stricklin's guy and Sticklin sold us on how great a situation the hire was for us and how chips will be rolling in with numbnuts instilling the Gator standard through relentless effort.

Of course all of that was complete BS with Mullen having won nothing of significance, the program on probation, and Mullen acting like a retard at his pressers. So Stick is between a rock and a hard place. On the one hand Mullen is dive-bombing the program with bizarre behavior, poor recruiting and poor results, claiming the losses don't really count, defending and keeping one of the worst coordinators in program history, etc. On the other, Mullen is the defining hire in Stricklin's tenure and he told us (as you can see in my sig) what a great hire it was going to turn out to be, so Stricklin will come out looking really bad if he cans Mullen. So he's doubling down on Mullen which is only going to make it worse when the program really crashes and burns, most likely next season.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
The NCAA show-cause and the program being on probation is a major strike against Mullinz and should have him on a short lease. The only thing saving him is he is Stricklin's guy and Sticklin sold us on how great a situation the hire was for us and how chips will be rolling in with numbnuts instilling the Gator standard through relentless effort.

Of course all of that was complete BS with Mullen having won nothing of significance, the program on probation, and Mullen acting like a retard at his pressers. So Stick is between a rock and a hard place. On the one hand Mullen is dive-bombing the program with bizarre behavior, poor recruiting and poor results, claiming the losses don't really count, defending and keeping one of the worst coordinators in program history, etc. On the other, Mullen is the defining hire in Stricklin's tenure and he told us (as you can see in my sig) what a great hire it was going to turn out to be, so Stricklin will come out looking really bad if he cans Mullen. So he's doubling down on Mullen which is only going to make it worse when the program really crashes and burns, most likely next season.

No extensions to his contract yet so too soon to say he is doubling down. I think he is passing at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.