Grantham STAYING; assistant coach hires & fires

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Durty my brother...you just now have come to that conclusion? I always thought of you as a smart guy?

Well better late then never.
lol I've been saying that forever. It's just fun to keep saying bc we can't do much else. I was one of the most vocal about hating the hire from day 1.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kinda weird his nickname is "Crimedog". I'm guessing because McGriff is close to McGruff? That or the major recruiting violations.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Horns247 reported that Ash, a former head coach at Rutgers, is in talks with Florida about a role as safeties coach and co-defensive coordinator, which would seem to indicate that McGriff is being considered for the cornerbacks coach role

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Horns247 reported that Ash, a former head coach at Rutgers, is in talks with Florida about a role as safeties coach and co-defensive coordinator, which would seem to indicate that McGriff is being considered for the cornerbacks coach role

This has been reported on all the UF sites as well. Since the Robinson hire went south, Mullen needs to make this happen. He's a guy who could take over for Fat Todd in 22 and keep his fatass in check in 21.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This has been reported on all the UF sites as well. Since the Robinson hire went south, Mullen needs to make this happen. He's a guy who could take over for Fat Todd in 22 and keep his fatass in check in 21.
Yeah it was more for the nugget on McGriff CB and Ash Safeties. Most seemed to think they other way around.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Durty my brother... I always thought of you as a smart guy?

giphy.gif

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

IMO, the CB position is more about talent/athletic ability. Sure, good coaching helps, but if we keep signing mid-level talent (low 4-stars, high 3-stars) we'll keep seeing similar results. It's no surprise that a top 100 player (Elam) is a starter and we have nothing opposite him (for now). Hopefully Marshall we improve that other spot. Hill is solid, but doesn't seem special (he was a low 4-star on 247 & a 3-star on Rivals). We simply need better talent. And getting lined up before the snap would help.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I said good coaching helps, but honestly how much "better" is TRob vs. McGriff? McGriff has done this at multiple SEC schools, more so than TRob has. You can take Vandy's roster and give it to Saban & give Alabama's roster to Will Muschamp and Muschamp is going to win that one. In college football, talent wins most of the time regardless of who the coach is. Just look at the talent composite rankings. We can go all day long w/ diamonds in the rough turning out better than their rankings (Trask, CJ Jackson, JJ Watt, Louis Oliver, ect). But just like the "stars don't matter" argument, it doesn't hold water. Again, get f*cking lined up before the snap and half our defensive problems are solved...literally. JUST GET F'ING LINE UP BEFORE THE SNAP!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I said I didnt care about mcgriff, not the open spot or our team. I don't care about mcgriff bc he's a nobody who does nothing to move the needle. I'd care if it was actually a real upgrade. But it ain't, so I don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator