Grantham STAYING; assistant coach hires & fires

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not just internet rumor.

@BruceFeldmanCFB: One of the names to keep an eye on as UF retools its defensive staff in the secondary is former South Carolina DC/DBs coach Travaris Robinson.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not just internet rumor.

@BruceFeldmanCFB: One of the names to keep an eye on as UF retools its defensive staff in the secondary is former South Carolina DC/DBs coach Travaris Robinson.
i'm ok with it. Grantham won't let him coach anyway, might as well get a recruiter.

Not ok with Grantham staying or Gray leaving.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Robinson is a pretty good recruiter. Not a significant drop off from Gray.

I know many of you hate Chimp but his defenses were solid. Id like to have that defense without Chimp. Not sire of TRob can do it.

Like Gray, Robinson mostly played bump and run man or Sabanesque tight zone. No idea how this squares with Grantham's shytshow.

Perhaps if we promote a coDC this will insult Grantham encourage him to GTFO asap on his own.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Robinson is a pretty good recruiter. Not a significant drop off from Gray.

I know many of you hate Chimp but his defenses were solid. Id like to have that defense without Chimp. Not sire of TRob can do it.

Like Gray, Robinson mostly played bump and run man or Sabanesque tight zone. No idea how this squares with Grantham's shytshow.

Perhaps if we promote a coDC this will insult Grantham encourage him to GTFO asap on his own.
Maybe compared to Grantham's, muschamps defense was solid. But in reality they were overrated. The numbers were inflated because most teams would sit on the football after they scored 20. When teams wanted score they usually did.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I have to say the idea of the Chimp screaming on our sideline again, even as an assistant, makes my stomach turn.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
You can’t cycle through coaches, no one will come here. Grantham will pull it together he is an elite coach.
Same logic that Stiner is an elite safety that is why we had him in there. He will pull it together. Don’t look for the young guy who is smarter and faster ;(

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Maybe compared to Grantham's, muschamps defense was solid. But in reality they were overrated. The numbers were inflated because most teams would sit on the football after they scored 20. When teams wanted score they usually did.

This. There are some really smart people who fall for this again and again. Anyone remember his year at Aub when Gus used tempo? He absolutely could not handle it. He needs an absolute grind-it-out approach to have any success on D.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This. There are some really smart people who fall for this again and again. Anyone remember his year at Aub when Gus used tempo? He absolutely could not handle it. He needs an absolute grind-it-out approach to have any success on D.
Or he throws fits and demands the offense become garbage. With Tuberville and Mack Brown the offense eventually became as incompetent as Florida's. No doubt he screamed and pouted demanding it.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Firing two assistants and keeping a turd like Grantham is like putting a band-aid on a stage 4 melanoma. Good luck with that schytt. Unless this is just the beginning of a major house-cleaning, it's just another reason to get rid of Mullen ASAP. He really is an enormous schwanzschtuker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.