Gurley Will Miss FL Game

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Gator Fever;n93359 said:
Not imo. Missouri was actually containing him some (they were stacking the line however) but they just kept turning the ball back over to Georgia. He had a lot of yards that game but his per carry average probably wasn't that high. He isn't the home run threat Gurley is.

Agree with this. Chubb looks like a 2 yard per carry back. He did most of his damage after Missouri quit. I've seen nothing out of him when a team plays solid assignment defense. My main concern is setting the edge on the toss sweep. Have seen some issues in the left tackle area during the course of the season. Would like to see some run blitzes off the corner.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
stephenPE;n93451 said:
Let me tell you a dog story. I have been here awhile. I started teaching at a N Fla school back in the 80s. Always had 3-4 dogs in my classes if their shirts were the truth. Probably just parents or relatives trying to stir sh#t. After SOS showed up the shirts disappeared. I havent seen one in many years. It was a big bandwagon back in the day. Let's just hope ours was not a "bandwagon" but from all the sh#t slinging I sometimes wonder. "I aint going to anymore games, I am going and just going to boo the sh#t out of them". They suck, they are awful they are #&*@^@.
Funny how it is we when we are bad ass but its they when we stink it up. :whistle:

There is a lot of truth to the first part of your post. Many of those uga fans became fsu fans, right around 1990. They were typically the trash kids of the school too.

As for your last part, the bandwaggon fans are long gone. To think our run was going to be any different than others is crazy. From 2005-2009 we largely ran college football, and attracted a ton of those types. But at this point, while I don't know any posters here on a personal level, I can all but guarantee that if they were bandwaggoners, they wouldn't even bother being here. We have not been a fashionable name for 4-5 years. Now it's possible that many, including myself, are a bit spoiled, and/or absolutely detest the idea of our return to the type of program that we were in the early part of our childhood. But that alone doesn't make anyone a bandwaggon fan. As I said, there has ample reason for someone to jump off since the SECCG in 2009, and many did. The ones that are here don't fall in that category, imo.

Ftr, I always enjoy your disdain for anything uga.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n93469 said:
This is painfully, painfully true. However, in the case of Mr. SEC, he was doing his annual crotch-grabbing before the game even during the Meyer era when we were thumping them. You should have seen him before the 2008 game. My God, what a satisfying beatdown that was (49-14). The Ball-lickers and their pathetic fans were so confident of victory.

49-10 I think. Only a late garbage TD from Cox. Otherwise would've been 49-3.

One of my favorite games. Absolute dismantling. Plus the timeouts. Plus the DT stiff-arming Stafford. Plus the dry-hump. Just epic.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Stephen has always seemed like such a nice person. If he just wasn't such a damned liberal.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
GIGator;n93315 said:
NCAA ruled that he must miss 4 games. Now, when are they going to do something about Winston?

Winston will be handled by the NFL that is because F$SPUE, ACC, and NCAA have dropped the ball. They are more worried about student atheltes making a dime than the health and welfare of the students.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Okay friends this is my dream scenario. So please hear me out. This is what I'm hoping for. Treon plays well against UGA, makes it a close game with us almost winning. As bad as we have been the past few years we always play them close. Then we struggle with Vandy, but get the W. We lose to the Cocks. Beat EKU easily. Then Champs last game as a Gator, players know it, so they play extremely hard to send Chump out with a Win against the Noles. Can you imagine how sweet that would be? Them losing to a lousy un ranked Gator team to shatter their playoff dreams. If that happened, I would look back on this season with a smirk. Because I will always remember as the season we got rid of Chump, and the season we tea bagged the noles.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
ReelGatorDoc;n93365 said:
Winston and Williams are full GO per Jimbo...
Jamies will have to join ISIS and behead somebody before anyone at the NCAA considers suspending him. Probably only for a quarter though

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n93482 said:
49-10 I think. Only a late garbage TD from Cox. Otherwise would've been 49-3.

One of my favorite games. Absolute dismantling. Plus the timeouts. Plus the DT stiff-arming Stafford. Plus the dry-hump. Just epic.
Yup, after the celebration BS they pulled in 2007, then coming into 2008 ranked #1. My favorite UF/UGA game in 25 years as a fan.

https://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=283060061

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Kyng;n93489 said:
Okay friends this is my dream scenario. So please hear me out. This is what I'm hoping for. Treon plays well against UGA, makes it a close game with us almost winning. As bad as we have been the past few years we always play them close. Then we struggle with Vandy, but get the W. We lose to the Cocks. Beat EKU easily. Then Champs last game as a Gator, players know it, so they play extremely hard to send Chump out with a Win against the Noles. Can you imagine how sweet that would be? Them losing to a lousy un ranked Gator team to shatter their playoff dreams. If that happened, I would look back on this season with a smirk. Because I will always remember as the season we got rid of Chump, and the season we tea bagged the noles.

I would like that as well. However, I would like to at least be at 6-6 so that means we would have to beat USCe. If that doesn't play out; my icing on top the cake (after getting rid of CHUMP) would be that the NCAA does their job and takes away all the wins from F$PUE from the last two years bc of the Rapist and then the He15man is taken back as well. Add that with a win in Tallycrappy, and I will be very happy.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I always laugh when I hear Chubb's name. Infamous names of the SEC. That's like Houston "NUTT" having a QB like Casey "DICK". :lmao:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[video=youtube;1Ik5nfiJgjQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ik5nfiJgjQ[/video]

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
crosscreekcooter;n93457 said:
The Mistake is a teacher. Too bad you didnt meet her instead of me.
I would have sworn I
spoke crosscreekian having spent so much time out there on Lochloosa but that has me lost.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n93506 said:
[video=youtube;1Ik5nfiJgjQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ik5nfiJgjQ[/video]
I just watched all of that and thoroughly enjoyed it. I forgot about Rainey's fake kneeldown on the kickoff return at the end. :lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Kyng;n93489 said:

No dream scenario could involve us losing to uga. Ever.

I want a change at HC as much as anyone, but much like I said before the ut game, I'm never going to hope we lose a rivalry game. If WM is gone(which most likely he is) then the rest will take car of itself, as it kind of has against Lsu and Mizzou. If we're truly talking about hypothetical, dream scenarios, I'd rather see us win in Jax and stumble against Usce or VU to conclude his tenure.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
oxrageous;n93511 said:
I just watched all of that and thoroughly enjoyed it. I forgot about Rainey's fake kneeldown on the kickoff return at the end. :lol:

I did too. I think my reason was due to adult beverages during that part of the game.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Kyng;n93489 said:

You dream is for the Gators, "our Gators" to lose games, for what...so you can get what you want...because you think WM should be gone.... I do not care how much anybody dislikes a coach... Gators should never, never...root for a Gator loss.. :shake:.. I understand people are upset and frustrated but that thought is just ridiculous.... But I do like the thought of upsetting the suckinoles and ruining their season... :thumbup:

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator2002;n93516 said:
You dream is for the Gators, "our Gators" to lose games, for what...so you can get what you want...because you think WM should be gone.... I do not care how much anybody dislikes a coach... Gators should never, never...root for a Gator loss.. :shake:.. I understand people are upset and frustrated but that thought is just ridiculous.... But I do like the thought of upsetting the suckinoles and ruining their season... :thumbup:

I'm not hoping we lose to anyone, you took it out of context. But to think we can beat UGA, or SCar right now while are team is in shambles is mind boggling.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n93510 said:
I would have sworn I
spoke crosscreekian having spent so much time out there on Lochloosa but that has me lost.
Biggest largemouth bass I ever caught was in Watermelon Pond.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n93511 said:

100% agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.