Harbaugh to Michigan - expected announcement on Tuesday

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n138769 said:
I guess now Wobble is going to give us all his insight and analysis.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n138773 said:
I guess now Wobble is going to give us all his insight and analysis.

Michigan sucks. They might stop sucking with this hire and instead will start to blow.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n138776 said:
Michigan sucks. They might stop sucking with this hire and instead will start to blow.

Well if there's one person who could give us the low down on sucking and blowing, you're it.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n138794 said:
Well if there's one person who could give us the low down on sucking and blowing, you're it.

Which is why my banner says "Expert Member". :dance:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n138810 said:
As I was saying wobble...... I don't see why people are all up in arms because people have different opinions on a sports forum. It was obvious to me that alot of people were not going to be in love with some of the hires, especially since expectations seem to be set so high. People were originally talking about Stoops, Kelly, and then later Freeze. They were saying that this hire would blow us away and unite the Gator Nation. That did not happen, and the subsequent OC/DC hires did not impress. So most people are in a wait and see mode. Personally, I think we should allow coach Mac to run things his way, even if we do not understand the hires. Its his team and we should support him as he tries to rebuild the Gators. But I also think we should allow people with different opinions to express their views as well. I mean, this thread kinda started with us rolling our eyes at Michigan for thinking they could get Harbaugh to leave the NFL, and there was another thread talking about how much worse they are then we are. Now that they have gotten their guy and made the big splash hire, we now should not talk about it?

I think Law is right about Foley. The game has passed him by and he is stuck in the past playing catch up. Head coaches at elite programs no longer make $3.5MM. Even coaches at middle programs don't make $3.5MM. Nobody is going to leave a decent situation to come to Florida without major bucks like they used to. In the new landscape of college football, being cheap is a program killer.

Only 15 out of 125 coaches in D1 football made 3.5 Million or more last season. So do you have any real proof behind this statement, or just making stuff up?

correction: 15 out of 128 coaches.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n138737 said:
Good question. Because that is what we do here. Bitch about things that have not yet happened.

You are too busy crying about it to make any sense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dougie we aren't one of the 125. We are part of the SEC. Middling coaches in the SEC will make 3.5m.

I was hoping to be one of the top schools in the SEC and we'll have to pay a topo SEC coach salary to do that.

We are beginning to act like Notre Dame, thinking that flying in with our school logo on our jet will be enough. Those days are long gone.

UCLA used to be a football powerhouse too. It's not a given that just being the flagship in a prime state means you will be a winner.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n138819 said:
Dougie we aren't one of the 125. We are part of the SEC. Middling coaches in the SEC will make 3.5m.

actually 5 our of the 14 teams in the SEC paid 3.5 or better... All but one have National Title rings, and the other one is over paid (in my opinion). Saban, Miles, Spurrier, Mulzahn, and Sumlin. Freeze who about to be equal over paid will be on that list next year as will McElwain.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n138552 said:
I am not the one getting emotional about this. You cannot refute what I said, so you hurl insults. You are saying that we should not compare our hire to Michigan's hire in a few years? Why not. Because you think Michigan is going to do better than we are? I dont think this will be the case.

Insults? Where are the insults? If you have been insulted by anything in this thread, I would advise you to not read or get involved in any of the others. You make absolutely no sense. Michigan hired Harbaugh, so what? Them hiring Harbaugh and us hiring McElwain are two different issues. Had they hired Spurrier out from under us because we refused to pay him, you may have had a point. As it is, you do not.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n138824 said:
actually 5 our of the 14 teams in the SEC paid 3.5 or better... All but one have National Title rings, and the other one is over paid (in my opinion). Saban, Miles, Spurrier, Mulzahn, and Sumlin. Freeze who about to be equal over paid will be on that list next year as will McElwain.

And only 3 of those 5 earned their NC ring(s) as a HC.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n138828 said:
And only 3 of those 5 earned their NC ring(s) as a HC.

Correct, he appeared in the 2014 National Title game though, which is more than what our current coach has done.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n138826 said:
Insults? Where are the insults? If you have been insulted by anything in this thread, I would advise you to not read or get involved in any of the others. You make absolutely no sense. Michigan hired Harbaugh, so what? Them hiring Harbaugh and us hiring McElwain are two different issues, Had they hired Spurrier out from under us because we refused to pay him, you may have had a point. As it is, you do not.

Exactly, them hiring Harbaugh, is them hiring a guy with an emotional attachment to the school itself. A guy who even when at Stanford said part of his career he wanted to coach Michigan.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n138824 said:

facts.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.