Have Our Coaches Prejudged K. Toney Wrong?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's probably as elusive as Vick with Virginia Tech 17 years ago, which is to say he'd be near impossible to sack without pressure from multiple sides. Even then, he's so shifty and quick.

How good a passer is he? We may never know unless Franks goes down.

We stopped being a good developer/evaluator of passing ability when SOS left.

I don't know about his elusiveness in the pocket (it's probably just speculation from anyone here), but any comparison of Toney with Vick should probably be qualified heavily. From what I've seen, he doesn't have much hope of being a real QB (rather than just a gimmick) at this level.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We already call plays like our 4th string qb is in the game. Mine aswell play our 4th string qb.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wich is perfect because we don't run a real offense

We already call plays like our 4th string qb is in the game. Mine aswell play our 4th string qb.

Sometimes you show us that you do have some sense. ...but only sometimes.

As I said to Ox...
You'd rather constantly be a d!ck to 'your' team than mock the rivals. Constant, unrelenting criticism and mockery... that's how we know you care about the Gators.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sometimes you show us that you do have some sense. ...but only sometimes.

As I said to Ox...
You'd rather constantly be a d!ck to 'your' team than mock the rivals. Constant, unrelenting criticism and mockery... that's how we know you care about the Gators.

I mock our head coach. Now you may have a point, I think i might be starting to dislike him as much as our rivals

Oct 5, 2014
I don't know about his elusiveness in the pocket (it's probably just speculation from anyone here), but any comparison of Toney with Vick should probably be qualified heavily. From what I've seen, he doesn't have much hope of being a real QB (rather than just a gimmick) at this level.

I will wager that Toney runs the fastest 40 on current Gator team...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Well, you've seen what he can do with the ball on a bubble screen. Apply your imagination. I don't think there's any question but that he'd be dangerous running from the pocket.

Is a competent passer? That I am unable to answer.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Toney getting wrongly prejudged? =

1) Many posters doubt Toney is an accurate passer, yet with his 70.6% completion-rate from last year, I bet Toney's accuracy-% is the highest of any QB-recruit UF has ever gotten. Logic dictates that these are not short, dump-off passes as why "send" the ball to a runner who is less elusive than the QB who already has the ball? His highlight films bear out that he throws downfield.

2) Toney is inadequately practiced at QB-passing, yet of 2 passes thrown as a Gator, he's hit one for 50 yards in-the-air. This goes toward dispelling the idea that he cannot throw long. He threw that surely while considering between running it or passing it. So what might he do if he were not prejudged with doubting and were "practiced" lots at this? Isn't that a reasonable question?

3) Jr-Sr seasons Toney threw 37 & 32 TD passes, while running for 16 & 15 TDs. Both seasons he threw for about 3600 yards.

4) Toney is being a success as a true freshman. Isn't our starting QB an early-entry RS-freshman?

5) What I most believe in is Mac's "cowardice" and his poor evaluation accuracy.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Can he be a QB? :bwahaha:

Yeah, every coach recruiting him, that had him in to throw, and refused to even give him a chance, is wrong. His only chance to play D1 qb is at Air Force or G-Tech.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Toney was Tebow's freak of the week. He runs a high 4.3 40.

For the dipshyt that said Mac passed on Jackson, Jackson passed on us. He was likely going to sign if Muschamp stayed and he could play in Roper's offense. Once Mac came, he passed on playing ProStyle

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Given UGA is looking good vs Vandy with a freshman, the odds the we could successfully play a freshman are, well, how many decimal points do you want me to use.:lmao2: Given the outstanding success these coaches have shown in player development and decision making, I cannot believe we would question the evaluations of these coaches, let alone Clarabelle

If you keep the dynamic guys off the field, they will never get hurt. Strategy

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
5) What I most believe in is Mac's "cowardice" and his poor evaluation accuracy.

Rog, I hate to see that you've joined the haters. You're so well liked (and hating our coach is so en vogue) that no one will call you out on this, but I'm going to. Nevertheless, if this is what you believe most, it's pretty sad. You're just dead wrong on Mac being a coward. ...and I'll take his evaluation of a quarterback over yours or anyone else on this board any day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator