Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
So what? He didn't want to fire an assistant, so the school gave him the option to either resign and get nothing, or get fired and get his buyout, and he chose the former? Lol okay. Pull the other one, it has bells on.

Your story makes no sense, unless you are leaving out a massive piece of information about serious misconduct by Mendenhall or his DC.
It's true whether you can find logic or not is for you to ponder, but it's true. Carla Williams is done with mediocrity at UVa with the FB program was what I was told by someone who would now.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
This won’t end well

Maybe not. But Freeman seems well regarded as a coach, and he seems to have solid support from the players and administration. He's been gifted a quality staff and a solid roster. He also has the benefit of a soft launch in the transition to HC, since he's already been a coordinator there. He's getting the same benefits that Chip Kelly, Day, Riley, and Cornrows had for their first HC jobs.

He's got a lot going in his favor, as far as I can tell.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Brett_McMurphy: Oregon has offered Mario Cristobal a new extended contract, @johncanzanobft reports. “It’s aggressive & in line w/what we’ve seen this week,” source told @johncanzanobft

Riley money.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@bayou gator

“Geaux Tigers!”
I think Ed Orgasm left some hair gel on her face.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@Brett_McMurphy: Oregon has offered Mario Cristobal a new extended contract, @johncanzanobft reports. “It’s aggressive & in line w/what we’ve seen this week,” source told @johncanzanobft

Riley money.
Mario Chrystal balls record?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There's been a bunch of these today, this is the best. The surfer dude was on an episode of Tosh.0 where he does the web redemption:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here was BK’s backup accent if he took the USC job <a href="https://t.co/2GIMEPqTJI">pic.twitter.com/2GIMEPqTJI</a></p>&mdash; Brian Welch (@welchbrian1112) <a href="">December 3, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
@Brett_McMurphy: Despite fact Miami doesn’t have a permanent AD, the Hurricanes will "make a run at (Oregon coach) Mario Cristobal in coming days,” @flasportsbuzz reports
Could have sworn I started a thread on this weeks ago.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@zach_goodall: Manny Diaz is still employed. This is crazier than USC and LSU if it’s true.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe not. But Freeman seems well regarded as a coach, and he seems to have solid support from the players and administration. He's been gifted a quality staff and a solid roster. He also has the benefit of a soft launch in the transition to HC, since he's already been a coordinator there. He's getting the same benefits that Chip Kelly, Day, Riley, and Cornrows had for their first HC jobs.

He's got a lot going in his favor, as far as I can tell.
It’s cool and all but the guy is 35 and just took over a top 10 program with zero experience. The kids are excited because he’s one of the “dudes” and has the media all over the black propaganda on this. The only thing anyone cares about is that this is an “excellent” hire because he’s the first or second black coach in ND history depending on who you ask.

Guy will be a 3-4 loss coach the next 3 years and it’ll be rinse and repeat!

At the end of the day, Kelly at ND reminds me of Butters here and Freeman is Taggart 2.0 with more talent.

Last edited:

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
I'd like to see Cristabol go to scUM!!
Maybe he will tank there program worse than Taggert tanked FarseU
It would just make our Holiday season better. Having FreeshoeU and scUM going down farther and farther and hopefully the Gators going up. Come on Billy take us back where we are supposed to be

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
It’s cool and all but the guy is 35 and just took over a top 10 program with zero experience. The kids are excited because he’s one of the “dudes” and has the media all over the black propaganda on this. The only thing anyone cares about is that this is an “excellent” hire because he’s the first or second black coach in ND history depending on who you ask.

Guy will be a 3-4 loss coach the next 3 years and it’ll be rinse and repeat!

At the end of the day, Kelly at ND reminds me of Butters here and Freeman is Taggart 2.0 with more talent.

Riley was, what, 33 when he took over Oklahoma? Idk, I see a lot of reasons to think Freeman could be successful, even with his inexperience.

I agree fully on Kelly at LSU. It's going to be a hilarious dumpster fire.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
I'd like to see Cristabol go to scUM!!
Maybe he will tank there program worse than Taggert tanked FarseU
It would just make our Holiday season better. Having FreeshoeU and scUM going down farther and farther and hopefully the Gators going up. Come on Billy take us back where we are supposed to be

Unlike Taggart, it seems like Cristobal can actually recruit. I'd rather he stay where he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator