Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

OurProgramIsBroken

Oct 29, 2017
Good friend of mine’s son is a freshman qb under Napier. He is in fact the qb coach, OC,HC.
I don’t think he is the guy for UF strictly because I think we can do better, but what Napier has done at ULL given the meager resources they have is pretty impressive.
The important question is.. was Napier, in a boot?

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
UF is NOT HIRING Lame Kitten. He is a thug and a cheat. He was always a thug. And he is a thug now. There are other better choices.

Bama took in Kitten and sanitized his career. Which they have done to many different people.

Lame Kitten just has a good makeup artist in tow to make him look good. He cheats everywhere he goes. Ole Miss does not care. They have been caught before and keep right on cheating. They think that they are football blue bloods instead of dumb rednecks.

He will get caught again soon but it will not be at UF. We have standards. No way that a top 5 academic school is going to cheat to win at football. Maybe go up to the edge but not out and out cheat.

No orphan kittens for us.

With all due respect, you may be the dumbest mother fucher on this board and we have a jboss. Your the kind of person that claims the other person cheated every time they beat your ass, just stop.

It's gonna be Lane Kiffen, as it should be. He's the most obvious and by far best option available and obtainable for UF.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
When it comes to the Lane Train, I don’t hold USC against him. I do hold his 38th team ranking (13th in the SEC) against him. After the year he is having, if all you can do in recruiting is beat Vandy, you suck.
Kiffin has a pretty good history recruiting wise. He's likely checked out knowing he's moving on. If that's not the case then it's definitely a question I have about him too. But if I had to pick between kiffin and and nappier or any DC, I'm taking kiffin.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've seen it mentioned that the OC/qb coach at coastal , Willy Korn was his qb @ Clemson. Maybe he'd bring him in?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
You've got a low bar for "scandals".

Scandal is not the best word. I searched “Kiffin scandal” and the one “scandal” is his rumored affair with Saban’s daughter and/or a Bama booster’s wife that triggered his abrupt firing as Bama prepared for the playoffs. He wasn’t directly implicated in the Reggie Bush scandal. But that run with that team - Leinart, Bush, Lendale White, Steve etc. - made him look like a boy genius.

What does come up in spades is the scorn he has generated everywhere he has been except FAU. Have a look at that history. It’s bad. Al Davis, Pat Haden & Nick Saban all angrily threw him out the door. The way he left Ut was cowardly. If you were going to accept or overlook those issues, it would for the sake of winning championships. Urban Meyer comes to mind. Kiffin did win a couple of CUSA championships at FAU. Yippee. He’s having a nice season, but what happens next?

I’m jaded against him. But why take on all that baggage and the risk that comes with it when there are other options out there? Where is the reward? Does anyone really think Kiffin will build and lead an elite program?

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I like Kiffin because he has a little SOS in him. He says what he thinks. Everywhere he has gone there has been markedly improvements. At Ole Miss he inherited a week defense. His offensive makes the game exciting, the opposite of what we have been enduring.
I like him being younger. I think he can relate to players better. After watching his press conference I was impressed. Instead of taking all the credit for a turn around 9 - 2 season he credited Corral for making it happen. You can see his maturity in that press conference. He won me over with what he said.
If we do sign Kiffin there is no doubt we will score a lot of points. Any QB in his right mind would love to play for him.
UF has the ability to recruit defensive players.
I think Kiffin paired with the Gator nation will make recruiting easier and better.
Mullet was lazy. That’s one illness that is almost incurable. Kiffin seems to be energetic and organized. He has matured in the last seven years.
If Saban retired, I guarantee Alabama would be interested in him.
If we hesitate someone else will sign him.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I've heard many of Gus's current players are excited about transferring to UF since they won't have as much competition for starting positions....And if he brings his new recruits we'll have the best in state recruits available....or at least the ones Bama, UGA, Clemson, OSU. and TAMU haven't taken already....

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I like Kiffin because he has a little SOS in him. He says what he thinks. Everywhere he has gone there has been markedly improvements. At Ole Miss he inherited a week defense. His offensive makes the game exciting, the opposite of what we have been enduring.
I like him being younger. I think he can relate to players better. After watching his press conference I was impressed. Instead of taking all the credited for a turn around 9 - 2 season he credit Corral for making it happen. You can see his maturity in that press conference. He won me over with what he said.
If we do sign Kiffin there is no doubt we will score a lot of points. Any QB in his right mind would love to play for him.
I think Kiffin paired with the Gator nation will make recruiting easier and better.
Mullet was lazy. That’s one illness that is almost incurable. Kiffin seems to be energetic and organized. He has matured in the last seven years.

I hesitantly...agree...with...jfasd;jfj;f;aldsjfjgator.

I read that about 5 times to find something to disagree with but I couldn't find anything. Im calling my internet company to have them look for something wrong with my local loop.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Has Nole Donkey actually named a coach yet or is he just telling everyone else they're wrong

He’s afraid to name one. All he does is find fault 24/7. He dreams bad things about coaches and players. He has probably never had a football uniform on in his life. He may have been in the band.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
“I just have to believe that this is not something that going to last very long in terms of a coaching search,” Finebaum closed with, explaining that he believes Florida has a replacement plan already. “This is not going to be LSU going on for two months.”

“This is just my theory and Steve [Spurrier] can shoot it down tomorrow. He’s welcome to. I think Spurrier was involved in this,” Finebaum said about Mullen’s firing on The ESPN College Football Podcast. “Scott Stricklin lives across the street from Steve Spurrier. Spurrier hangs out with Stricklin in the [press] box all the time, they’re close.

“The Spurrier wing of the party had had enough of Dan Mullen. They didn’t like his attitude, they didn’t like his quirkiness. They didn’t like the way he berated assistant coaches in front of others. And it rubbed them the wrong way. That much I can tell you. I’m not saying Steve Spurrier pulled the trigger but I sincerely doubt this decision was made without Steve Spurrier’s blessing

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Man, 21 pages in and pretty much every candidate brought up has been trashed. Its gonna be fun for the next 12 million dude that walks in here. That and we appear to like a lot of "your mom" or "your wife" jokes.

How about the AI supercomputer?
Ox wins coming and going. Now during the "search' and five minutes after the hire when all the hate clicks start.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Kiffin has a pretty good history recruiting wise. He's likely checked out knowing he's moving on. If that's not the case then it's definitely a question I have about him too. But if I had to pick between kiffin and and nappier or any DC, I'm taking kiffin.

I'm not joking when I say this. But, Kiffin doesn't even make my top 10. I really do have 10 names I'd rather have than Kiffin. I find the idea of Kiffin's name being on the list of coaching candidates confusing. He absolutely has not earned it.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
400+ posts. Too manyto catch up...

Mixed feelings about kiffy. He appears to have calmed down a bit from his "bad publicity is still good publicity" days at usc and tinerc. But has he grown up? Is he a better leader? I have my doubts. Great OC and recruiter, but will it be a short term gain and the long term pain? IDK.

Hearing Napier's name thrown around. I believe he was a favorable OC candidate on this board before butters chose nuss (ugh). Don't know enough about him to have a strong opinion, but I wouldn't consider him a bad hire. 42 with HC experience, reportedly a good recruiter, coached at bamuh so he's seen how a championship level program is run, but also broke away to diversify his work experience. If he can elevate recruiting and be a CEO who can build the program (not just Xs and Os), he's worth a look.

Heard there's click bait for Bob Stoops. If he showed up with the intent to bring in a hot young successor in 3-4 years, that wouldn't be a horrible option. I just worry he's lost the fire in his belly. Wouldn't mind if he proved me wrong, but I'd be skeptical to start.

After the last decade, I don't know if there's anyone out there who will give me confidence that he's "the guy." It would help if somebody brings a couple of proven former Gators along with them. I'll support the new guy and hope for the best until he proves otherwise.

Whoever is chosen, I'll bet a bazillion oxbucks that donkey will hate him while still not identifying who the "right" coach would be.

Go Gators.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
I like him being younger. I think he can relate to players better. After watching his press conference I was impressed. Instead of taking all the credit for a turn around 9 - 2 season he credited Corral for making it happen. You can see his maturity in that press conference. He won me over with what he said.
Regarding the bolded. Really? Then why did he get fired from the Raiders and USC?

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
“I just have to believe that this is not something that going to last very long in terms of a coaching search,” Finebaum closed with, explaining that he believes Florida has a replacement plan already. “This is not going to be LSU going on for two months.”

“This is just my theory and Steve [Spurrier] can shoot it down tomorrow. He’s welcome to. I think Spurrier was involved in this,” Finebaum said about Mullen’s firing on The ESPN College Football Podcast. “Scott Stricklin lives across the street from Steve Spurrier. Spurrier hangs out with Stricklin in the [press] box all the time, they’re close.

“The Spurrier wing of the party had had enough of Dan Mullen. They didn’t like his attitude, they didn’t like his quirkiness. They didn’t like the way he berated assistant coaches in front of others. And it rubbed them the wrong way. That much I can tell you. I’m not saying Steve Spurrier pulled the trigger but I sincerely doubt this decision was made without Steve Spurrier’s blessing
As it should be.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I would like one of you self righteous a$$holes who believe UF should hire a coach based on feelings instead of winning football games to answer me this. Name a single coach not named Meyer, Saban, Ryan Day, Dabo or Lincoln Riley that would have AR15 as a heisman finalist next year? There's only one answer to that question and he's currently got the QB Mullen ran off as a sure lock for the ceremony.

The people who turned their nose up at the way Kirby bangs addressed his team at half time are the same people who don't want Kiffen because he likes to get ass sometimes. How'd things turn out last time we hired a alpha male personality who also has some alleged female issues?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I've heard many of Gus's current players are excited about transferring to UF since they won't have as much competition for starting positions....And if he brings his new recruits we'll have the best in state recruits available....or at least the ones Bama, UGA, Clemson, OSU. and TAMU haven't taken already....

Troll.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I would like one of you self righteous a$$holes who believe UF should hire a coach based on feelings instead of winning football games to answer me this. Name a single coach not named Meyer, Saban, Ryan Day, Dabo or Lincoln Riley that would have AR15 as a heisman finalist next year? There's only one answer to that question and he's currently got the QB Mullen ran off as a sure lock for the ceremony.

The people who turned their nose up at the way Kirby bangs addressed his team at half time are the same people who don't want Kiffen because he likes to get ass sometimes. How'd things turn out last time we hired a alpha male personality who also has some alleged female issues?
Kiffin has never won anything. He's not going to win anything yet again this year. He'll lose to MSU this week, proving that Mike Leach is actually the superior coach. If we're going to target someone, it should be Leach.

Kiffin banging sluts and prostitutes isn't the issue. Kiffin banging the daughters and wives of boosters, coaches, and administrators is the issue. He's too stupid or arrogant to know there's a difference between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.