Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Kiffin has never won anything. He's not going to win anything yet again this year. He'll lose to MSU this week, proving that Mike Leach is actually the superior coach. If we're going to target someone, it should be Leach.

Kiffin banging sluts and prostitutes isn't the issue. Kiffin banging the daughters and wives of boosters, coaches, and UF administrators is the issue. He's too stupid or arrogant to know there's a difference between the two.

Pretty sure you were making bets with posters less than 36 hours ago that Mullen would be back next year. Here's another bet I'm willing to make with you. I bet Kiffen is announced the new head coach at Florida by next Monday.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
There is one HC candidate I am perplexed over that hasn't been on ONE list or mentioned in a single post. That one name would shake the very fiber that holds Gator Chatter together once you hear that name:

PRIME TIME.
Just finished a stellar season at JSU with a sold out rivalry win. He could recruit well enough to satisfy even donkey.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kiffin has never won anything. He's not going to win anything yet again this year. He'll lose to MSU this week, proving that Mike Leach is actually the superior coach. If we're going to target someone, it should be Leach.

Kiffin banging sluts and prostitutes isn't the issue. Kiffin banging the daughters and wives of boosters, coaches, and UF administrators is the issue. He's too stupid or arrogant to know there's a difference between the two.

If Kiffin beats Leach, are you willing to change camps?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure you were making bets with posters less than 36 hours ago that Mullen would be back next year. Here's another bet I'm willing to make with you. I bet Kiffen is announced the new head coach at Florida by next Monday.
Okay, you can think whatever you like. That doesn’t contradict my points, however. Kiffin is despised around the country not because he’s brash, it’s because he’s a slime ball.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think it’s likely that Kiffin will at least get an interview. If he can keep from making lewd comments about Stricklin’s wife during the interview, he may have a chance.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I think it’s likely that Kiffin will at least get an interview. If he can keep from making lewd comments about Stricklin’s wife during the interview, he may have a chance.
Is she hot?
Nevermind

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I do find some irony in folks that are hating on a prospect because he might only be here for a couple of years. Yet want the coach to win immediately. I don't care if they are here for 3 years, if they bring a title, its totally worth it. So if Stoops really wants to come back, Im completely fine if he pulls an urban

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

If he hits on her during the interview, hire him... shows he is always Recruiting... like coach Orge who are last jabronie couldn't beat even with they showed up with under 50 scholarship players.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
:burn2:

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Thanks for the laugh this morning :lol:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
400+ posts. Too manyto catch up...

Mixed feelings about kiffy. He appears to have calmed down a bit from his "bad publicity is still good publicity" days at usc and tinerc. But has he grown up? Is he a better leader? I have my doubts. Great OC and recruiter, but will it be a short term gain and the long term pain? IDK.

Hearing Napier's name thrown around. I believe he was a favorable OC candidate on this board before butters chose nuss (ugh). Don't know enough about him to have a strong opinion, but I wouldn't consider him a bad hire. 42 with HC experience, reportedly a good recruiter, coached at bamuh so he's seen how a championship level program is run, but also broke away to diversify his work experience. If he can elevate recruiting and be a CEO who can build the program (not just Xs and Os), he's worth a look.

Heard there's click bait for Bob Stoops. If he showed up with the intent to bring in a hot young successor in 3-4 years, that wouldn't be a horrible option. I just worry he's lost the fire in his belly. Wouldn't mind if he proved me wrong, but I'd be skeptical to start.

After the last decade, I don't know if there's anyone out there who will give me confidence that he's "the guy." It would help if somebody brings a couple of proven former Gators along with them. I'll support the new guy and hope for the best until he proves otherwise.

Whoever is chosen, I'll bet a bazillion oxbucks that donkey will hate him while still not identifying who the "right" coach would be.

Go Gators.

I was out of town this weekend, so only reading a little on my phone and trying to catch up w/ all of this now. I'm sitting this one out - last time I fell into the "We got Chip Kelly!!" bullsh*t that was flying around. I was reading some of the other boards and they're similar to our board here, but there's a big contingent saying Napier - not because they want him - but because about half our team started following him on twitter, along w/ a couple of our assistant coaches, within hours of the announcements/press conferences yesterday. So we'll see. I just want it to happen quickly (like next Saturday or Sunday). Players/coaches/Commits following Napier include: AR, Emory, Diabate, Robinson, Brewster, Odom, Evers, Montimer, Bolden (and some of our players started following Mario Cristobol also).

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Only after Stricklin decides to chuck those slim fit Van Heusens will I be convinced he’s willing to interview Kiffin.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
No scandals? He falsely accused Meyer of a recruiting violation. He broke his contract and skulked out in the middle of the night. And as a recruiter at USC, he inherited a #1 class from Pete Carroll then proceeded to rack up an average class of 8.5 and they were trending down.

1. Must have been a false accusation. Everyone known Urban Meyer never cheats and never lies. Really though, he accused Meyer of calling a recruit when he was visiting UT. His story is much more plausible than the counter story that he was “mistaken.” But Kiffin screwed up because he mentioned the recruit by name. That got him in trouble. Fooley demanded an apology and Kiffin complied. He actually apologized. So his ethics here compare favorably to Urban Meyer, based on what we now know about his capacity for contrition and coming clean.

2. Leaving Tennessee for USC is such a massive red flag. Who would do such a thing? /sarc. Of course, if he didn’t, some posters here would use that as evidence that he was happy working in a hopeless dump and didn’t really have the desire to win big at a real big time program. So a bit of a catch 22 there.

3. Carroll ran away from a sinking ship. USC on probation and scholarship limitations is what Kiffin inherited. That 2011 class which signed just over a month after Kiffin took the job— Carroll’s last class— finished 3rd with 29 signees including 1 five star and 14 four stars. The 2012 class— Kiffin’s first— had only 17 commits, due to Carroll’s sanctions, but has 1 five star and 11 four stars, a far better blue chip ratio. The 2013 class— Kiffin’s second and last— had only 12 commits, again due to Carroll’s sanctions, with 4 five stars and eight four stars.

That’s 5 five stars in two heavily restricted classes, as many as UF has brought in over the last 8 years.

What other moral turpitude complaints do we have?

Not getting along with Al Davis? Ha! Snort. Being his buddy would be a far bigger red flag.

Rumors about banging chicks? That’s what nerds do when they feel threatened by attractive men: bad mouth them for all the sex they imagine they must be having.

Anything else?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Whoever it is has to commit to unleashing AR15 as the starting QB next season. I want him working all summer as the STARTER, and not worried about getting yanked out every other series for someone else. We have the guy for ONE YEAR and we have to maximize every snap.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
1. Must have been a false accusation. Everyone known Urban Meyer never cheats and never lies. Really though, he accused Meyer of calling a recruit when he was visiting UT. His story is much more plausible than the counter story that he was “mistaken.” But Kiffin screwed up because he mentioned the recruit by name. That got him in trouble. Fooley demanded an apology and Kiffin complied. He actually apologized. So his ethics here compare favorably to Urban Meyer, based on what we now know about his capacity for contrition and coming clean.

2. Leaving Tennessee for USC is such a massive red flag. Who would do such a thing? /sarc. Of course, if he didn’t, some posters here would use that as evidence that he was happy working in a hopeless dump and didn’t really have the desire to win big at a real big time program. So a bit of a catch 22 there.

3. Carroll ran away from a sinking ship. USC on probation and scholarship limitations is what Kiffin inherited. That 2011 class which signed just over a month after Kiffin took the job— Carroll’s last class— finished 3rd with 29 signees including 1 five star and 14 four stars. The 2012 class— Kiffin’s first— had only 17 commits, due to Carroll’s sanctions, but has 1 five star and 11 four stars, a far better blue chip ratio. The 2013 class— Kiffin’s second and last— had only 12 commits, again due to Carroll’s sanctions, with 4 five stars and eight four stars.

That’s 5 five stars in two heavily restricted classes, as many as UF has brought in over the last 8 years.

What other moral turpitude complaints do we have?

Not getting along with Al Davis? Ha! Snort. Being his buddy would be a far bigger red flag.

Rumors about banging chicks? That’s what nerds do when they feel threatened by attractive men: bad mouth them for all the sex they imagine they must be having.

Anything else?
This may have been the most embarrassing post in the history of Gatorchatter. I cringed all the way through it. Calling Lame Kitten "attractive" at the end was the icing on a hideous cake.

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Whoever it is has to commit to unleashing AR15 as the starting QB next season. I want him working all summer as the STARTER, and not worried about getting yanked out every other series for someone else. We have the guy for ONE YEAR and we have to maximize every snap.
I’m sure Emory has his name in the portal, he’s just waiting to hit send on the keyboard. And there’s nothing wrong with that, he was a good teammate and good kid. Not his fault that Mullen is a moron

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.