Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
BOLD PREDICTION: we won't like which ever coach is chosen.

I dont disagree since there will always be someone thats not happy. Its true I cant stand the sight of Kiffen and would not like the hire but its also true I would be rooting for him to win if he was hired. I think the guy is a slimeball that would leave us high and dry whenever he decides to and will likely have us in trouble somehow. I just want to see another NC before my time is up. I have no say in anything so I must learn to adapt no matter who it is.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is what I posted about earlier....which probably means it's 100% not happening:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His name popped into my head 5 minutes before I read your post. Wins several games he is supposed to lose, but can sometimes fail spectacularly in games where he should be competitive. And hasn’t recruited Florida, or the Southeastvin general. I’d pass on him, but I can’t count on stricklin to do the same
Brohm was definitely on my short list before as the next "maybe SOS type OC". Maybe he still is but he hasn't recruited or brought a defense.

Not quite hard pass but the odds would be against him.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Not excited about anything that Stinklin said. I would be shocked if we hired anyone remotely competent or even better than MuLLLLLLenzez. Outside of a super splashy hire like Joe Brady which I would put at less than 0.001% chance, I doubt anyone will be fully satisfied. Do we even know if he can recruit? I like Venebales, but no one wants a DC, which I understand.

Depressing times.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
After the Egg Bowl Thanksgiving night things will start shaking out quickly as far as knowing where Kiffin is going. I think Miss. State will beat Ole Miss because the Rebs know Kiffin is leaving, State is on the upswing and it’s a night game in Starkville.

It’s not going to take a lot of time waiting on some school to claim Kiffin. Time is recruits and momentum. As far as we know Kiffin could already be backing out of a signed deal with one school ( i. e . LSU) in order to sign on with another (i.e. Florida) as the landscape has changed.

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I never used to like Kiffin but he has changed "personally". And though several on here can't stand to talk about such things...He's different since FAU.

What I like about Kiffin is he is adaptable, offensive minded, seems to select a good staff and can RECRUIT
I used to loath Lane Kiffin. He was a jerk, spoiled brat, and cocky. But I have seen a change in him that I could not explain until now.
Here is one of his quotes, “I don't like to focus too much on my past, because then it stops becoming your past and starts to become your present,” he wrote. “However, my story is a special exception, because it shows people that it's never too late to rediscover God, and that we can overcome anything in our past. I like to tell people these days, if God can forgive you for whatever you have done, then why can’t you! I’m proof.”

Is he still cocky? Yes!
Does he still tick people off? Yes
But, I like his SOS cocky attitude fitting in at Florida! I think he would turn us around!

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
1. Must have been a false accusation. Everyone known Urban Meyer never cheats and never lies. Really though, he accused Meyer of calling a recruit when he was visiting UT. His story is much more plausible than the counter story that he was “mistaken.” But Kiffin screwed up because he mentioned the recruit by name. That got him in trouble. Fooley demanded an apology and Kiffin complied. He actually apologized. So his ethics here compare favorably to Urban Meyer, based on what we now know about his capacity for contrition and coming clean.

2. Leaving Tennessee for USC is such a massive red flag. Who would do such a thing? /sarc. Of course, if he didn’t, some posters here would use that as evidence that he was happy working in a hopeless dump and didn’t really have the desire to win big at a real big time program. So a bit of a catch 22 there.

3. Carroll ran away from a sinking ship. USC on probation and scholarship limitations is what Kiffin inherited. That 2011 class which signed just over a month after Kiffin took the job— Carroll’s last class— finished 3rd with 29 signees including 1 five star and 14 four stars. The 2012 class— Kiffin’s first— had only 17 commits, due to Carroll’s sanctions, but has 1 five star and 11 four stars, a far better blue chip ratio. The 2013 class— Kiffin’s second and last— had only 12 commits, again due to Carroll’s sanctions, with 4 five stars and eight four stars.

That’s 5 five stars in two heavily restricted classes, as many as UF has brought in over the last 8 years.

What other moral turpitude complaints do we have?

Not getting along with Al Davis? Ha! Snort. Being his buddy would be a far bigger red flag.

Rumors about banging chicks? That’s what nerds do when they feel threatened by attractive men: bad mouth them for all the sex they imagine they must be having.

Anything else?
@Mornengswede: I'm sure you're not reading this because by now you've been banned for your impertinence, but that was one of the best, most cutting-through-the-bullsh*t posts I've ever seen on this site. Bravo! :clap: I tip my cap to you :nole: and wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavors.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I used to loath Lane Kiffin. He was a jerk, spoiled brat, and cocky. But I have seen a change in him that I could not explain until now.
Here is one of his quotes, “I don't like to focus too much on my past, because then it stops becoming your past and starts to become your present,” he wrote. “However, my story is a special exception, because it shows people that it's never too late to rediscover God, and that we can overcome anything in our past. I like to tell people these days, if God can forgive you for whatever you have done, then why can’t you! I’m proof.”

Is he still cocky? Yes!
Does he still tick people off? Yes
But, I like his SOS cocky attitude fitting in at Florida! I think he would turn us around!

Great post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.