Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
I bet Stricklin is having his wife prep up some biscuits and french fried potaters in advance of Sling Blade's interview.

:bwahaha:

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
If I understand you correctly...you are saying that the caption under this picture should say.....

9919958.jpg

"After this game I reckon I'm gone have me some of them French fried pataters. With gravy on it mmm hmmm."
:yes:

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Ive been trying really hard to find enough to like this Napier guy. He seems like he is a guy that works hard and wants to build a program versus draw plays in the sand but I just can't get past the butters stank thats on him. He did really good things at UL, but that is UL and going to UF is a HUGE step up. Will he assemble a staff or will he bring his buddies so he is comfortable? Will he continue to be the OC and bring that boring run possession offense with him or will he go get a coordinator that is much more Florida friendly? If he is our guy that Stricklin (Im spelling his name correctly again until he fugs up this search) brings home these are important answers to me.

Ive already pretty much resigned to the fact that no matter who we bring in, next year is going to suck because of the hole muLLLLLLen put us in so Im prepared for that. But I just dont know how long I can recognize that fact if we got butters jr.
I like the way you talk mm hmm.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This year he has:

1. Beat South Alabama on the road by 2.
2. Beat Georgia State at home by 4.
3. Arkansas State on the road by 1.
4. Nichols (FCS) at home by by 3.
5. Georgia Southern on the road by 8.

Now there are so wins by big margins on this record this year too, but that is hardly the killer instinct that one would be hoping for in a new UF coach.
Serious red flags and the inevitable result of conservative run run run offense.

. Saban has not had the run he has because he has 40 guys around him.
not really.

Saban demanded a huge staff and possible advantage as part of his package to leave the Dolphins.

but that is not winning with integrity, so Im told.

he was mostly a 7-5 coach at LSU and Michigan State

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
BTW, unlike some coaches Napier has a game on 4 December. Some other coaches can be announced Sunday.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I watched those 3 press conferences that were posted, and Lame Kitten sounds far more idiotic than the other two. Napier looks like a brain surgeon in comparison.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I think Napier is a good football coach and can do well in P5, but I don't think he fits Gator culture.
We made fun of Butters. How much fun will we make of Napier?
We may be a bunch of deplorable, knuckle-dragging gator fans, but if he wins some actual championships, I dare say it won't be a major issue. But as already stated elsewhere, Napier is not my first or second choice in this particular horse race. And it's not just his manner of speech or degree of mental acuity that concerns me. I just don't get the "big-time dude, about to blast-off" vibe from this guy - on or off the field. My first choice would a 45-year-old Spurrier - and the rest of these guys could kick rocks. But that's just me. Oh, by the way, Urban ain't coming back. That is all.

Last edited:

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wait until 10 SEC games in Napier is SHOCKED that in the SEC you can't win without throwing the damned ball. Three yards in a cloud of dust will really fill that stadium, with people breaking their jaws yawning. We'll be another laughing stock while the other progressive SEC teams run circles around us. 6-5 and 7-4 seasons will be the new Gator standard while Fuchs and Strick9 serve cocktails over another mediocre season and call it a success.

I just can't wait.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I am quite proud of my start!

As a great person once said, "See what the majority of people believe and believe the opposite and you will be right almost all the time!"

People are dumb. I counsel them every day and they will hold to the most ridiculous ideations until they die rather than change!

It is called denial and it is part of the human condition. So I always suspect a commonly held opinion.
I don't think that people with ideations can be helped.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I got to watch that movie again now. What a classic.

"Whatcha gonna do with that lawn mower blade, Billy?"

I aim to mow Steve Spurrier Field with it mm hmm.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I have no doubt Napier is a good coach. He just would not fit the culture at UF. He would be a good hire at a school like Mississippi State. Somebody tell Stricklin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator