Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
LOL gonna pull a Vols fans, are we? Claim Napier is a sex offender or something? Go get 'em, tiger!

I for one would never stoop so low as claiming someone was a "sex offender" without out proper evidence but I can guarantee without a shadow of doubt Sling Blade has plowed at least 2 of his first cousins.

running gator

Banned
BANNED
Sep 14, 2020
Yeah, he'll be "working hard wtihout a vacation" to put together the most pedestrian Sunbelt Conference offense possible with those Forest Gump cloned assistants he'll be bringing with him.

Anyone who decks Dabo can coach my football team anytime! I like my coach to be aggressive! Maybe he will take out a drunk dawg or vol fan. Just to keep in practice, of course.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Anyone who decks Dabo can coach my football team anytime! I like my coach to be aggressive! Maybe he will take out a drunk dawg or vol fan. Just to keep in practice, of course.
I don't believe that about Dabo. Watch is locker room talks....he wouldn't deck a punching bag. Give me a break....

running gator

Banned
BANNED
Sep 14, 2020
I don't believe that about Dabo. Watch is locker room talks....he wouldn't deck a punching bag. Give me a break....

We are talking about Napier decking Dabo for changing his play call without telling him he was doing it. Dabo did not change the blocking scheme as well and the QB got sacked.

I would have decked him too. Of course, I would have probably hit him hard enough to get fired.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are talking about Napier decking Dabo for changing his play call without telling him he was doing it. Dabo did not change the blocking scheme as well and the QB got sacked.

I would have decked him too. Of course, I would have probably hit him hard enough to get fired.

You strike me as more the kind to b!tch slap.

running gator

Banned
BANNED
Sep 14, 2020
You strike me as more the kind to b!tch slap.

I actually prefer a 45 shot to the head! it works well with snakes and other varmints. But I am mostly a peace loving person who wants to live in harmony with my harem of beautiful women!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Culture
Resume
Type of offense
Recruiting ability

This really should be a no-brainer but by all means let’s bring on the rocket science.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
and I do agree with this post. 100%. I don’t know if Lane is that. But I don’t think it’s Napier.

Just taking a quick glance at this year's OM schedule, he's done exactly what I described. Barely beat an Ark team because Pittman decided to end it(imagine the elation here if Mizzou fails on their 2pt try and we win Saturday). He barely hung on against the vols with a controversial ending. He got crushed by Alabama. He lost an indefensible game to Auburn. And won all the games he's supposed to with one decent win against what will be a 3-4 loss A&M team. All this with a Heisman front runner. Last year looked really similar. The 2009 vols and his teams at Usc did as well.

I have no take on Napier and you could be right. I just don't see anything that tells me LK is the guy that takes us further. Again, his record looks almost identical to Mullen's.

running gator

Banned
BANNED
Sep 14, 2020

I think most all assistants at good at adapting schemes. Everyone that I have ever worked was pretty good at adapting. Mullen and Meyer did it all the time. So did SOS.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just taking a quick glance at this year's OM schedule, he's done exactly what I described. Barely beat an Ark team because Pittman decided to end it(imagine the elation here if Mizzou fails on their 2pt try and we win Saturday). He barely hung on against the vols with a controversial ending. He got crushed by Alabama. He lost an indefensible game to Auburn. And won all the games he's supposed to with one decent win against what will be a 3-4 loss A&M team. All this with a Heisman front runner. Last year looked really similar. The 2009 vols and his teams at Usc did as well.

I have no take on Napier and you could be right. I just don't see anything that tells me LK is the guy that takes us further. Again, his record looks almost identical to Mullen's.

That’s fair. He definitely would not be a top choice.

I saw some chatter on line that Brian Kelly reached out to UF behind the scenes to gauge mutual interest. Take it with a grain of salt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator