Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't believe that about Dabo. Watch is locker room talks....he wouldn't deck a punching bag. Give me a break....
You may have not noticed but once he was fired, Dabo's offense is exploded and they became a championship team. Probably a coincidence.

Both Dabo and Slingblade seem like hillbilly morons, so I can understand watching the fight would b as enjoyable as an episode WWE.

This all has such a familiar air about it. Hiring a coach that punches stuff. I wonder if punching the head coach is a bigger correlation to winning than punching chalkboards.

Yeah, we are going to emulate Bammer.

Except the spending money part.

Just like in 2010 and 2015.

Last edited:

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
True, but I don't think we knew how toxic it had actually become until the team imploded over the past few weeks.

Update on the search: I was just told they haven't spoken with Napier or anyone else yet.

I'm sure those industrious fuchs feel like it's important to take off for the holiday season to spend time with the family. They'll jump right on searching for a new coach the week after the new year.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Probably not offer this guy's DII son a scholarship to MSU.

NO...He knew his son was undersized...6' lineman. These were HS kids there to improve their skills...as the camp advertised. This was NOT his first camp at MSU. It was his first MULLEN camp.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I think Riley heads to the NFL and Napier lands down the road at run-loving LSU. We should interview Kiffin but we probably won’t.

This is a dangerous and fascinating time for Florida. I’m more concerned about the danger than the fascination. Anyone setting the bar at an ever-ambiguous “sustained level of success” ought to be heading the search at Syracuse, not here.

I started out thinking Kiffin was the best choice. After looking at more and more data including these data on scoring margin RANK:

Kiffin 31 63 17 75 10
Fickell 4 5 28 13 110
Napier 11 18 13 87
Chadwell 6 9 81

Ignoring Kiffin's SEC west years, each coach has one transition type margin, but oddly Kiffin's is his second year. Napier is to me 4th in this group.

I think my top two candidates are Fickell and Chadwell. I am really curious how much at fault Chadwell was at Charleston Southern.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
EARNED.

Not just HONORARY doctorates like Jill Biden or something.

EARNED is the key word.

Last edited:

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You may have not noticed but once he was fired, Dabo's offense is exploded and they became a championship team. Probably a coincidence.

Both Dabo and Slingblade seem like hillbilly morons, so I can understand watching the fight would b as enjoyable as an episode WWE.

This all has such a familiar air about it. Hiring a coach that punches stuff. I wonder if punching the head coach is a bigger correlation to winning than punching chalkboards.

Yeah, we are going to emulate Bammer.

Except the spending money part.

Just like in 2010 and 2015.
While I was looking at current Sunbelt stats and where UL fits I did not know about the timeline of him leaving Clemson as OC and the Tiger offense exploding into what it was for a natty run. This is just another indictment on what a misfire this hire is. Its all giving me a headache....

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
In just plain simple terms of who would make a quicker and immediate impact on recruiting and play calling and wins: Kiffin

I just want to get back to winning and Kiffin's offensive acumen far superior than Napier's. I trust Kiffin with AR and developing him into a Heisman Trophy winning National Championship QB quicker than Napier or anyone else on the list.

Kiffin was a clown and schmuck in his younger years. He learned from it and has grown and saw the blueprint on how to run a program while at Bama. In simple terms he gives us the best and more immediate chance of winning and recruiting.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
In just plain simple terms of who would make a quicker and immediate impact on recruiting and play calling and wins: Kiffin

I just want to get back to winning and Kiffin's offensive acumen far superior than Napier's. I trust Kiffin with AR and developing him into a Heisman Trophy winning National Championship QB quicker than Napier or anyone else on the list.

Kiffin was a clown and schmuck in his younger years. He learned from it and has grown and saw the blueprint on how to run a program while at Bama. In simple terms he gives us the best and more immediate chance of winning and recruiting.

Kiffin is our best option, and it's not really close. But our admin won't even give him a glance. We're boned.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Kiffin is our best option, and it's not really close. But our admin won't even give him a glance. We're boned.

You are Absotively posolutely correct. He is a guaranteed winning program sooner, not later. But they will chose another dud and we’ll be doing this again in 2 1/2 years.
Sooner or later we’ll run out of $$$$$$$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator