Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I swear Sofla keeps notes.

I wont remember this in 10 mins. Sofla will burn you with this the rest of his life.

Italians and Sicilians never forget. Plus I have a photographic memory. It also doesn’t hurt when the internet has commemorated your fate in a gif.

Gators1138

Aug 12, 2014
You guys needed to hop on the Lane train! He is the type of coach that works here! He is brash and outspoken. He will trash talk the other team and he will run it up if the chance is there. Sound like anything we been missing since 2001?

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
You guys needed to hop on the Lane train! He is the type of coach that works here! He is brash and outspoken. He will trash talk the other team and he will run it up if the chance is there. Sound like anything we been missing since 2001?

I'm on the Lane Train, but sadly our admin is very clearly not. So there's no point in thinking any more about it.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I swear Sofla keeps notes.

I wont remember this in 10 mins..

giphy.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn’t matter.
Strick only interviewed one guy.
Accept it and move on.

There won’t be any more world tours like Foley did after SOS resigned. It’s too embarrassing when you have to get back on the plane with your tail between your legs with all those cameras recording your every move.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn’t matter.
Strick only interviewed one guy.
Accept it and move on.
I don't give two Fuchs. Mullins is gone. If Napier is demanding a complete support staff, then I'm fine with the hire. On face value, I'd rather have Cristobal but Kiffin doesn't even register for me.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is there anything serious that suggests that this is actually the case, or is this just twitter rumor?
Twitter rumor but it was allegedly the demands last year too.

Given that Stricklin actually mentioned it in the firing ceremony of Cousin Eddy, it makes some sense.

I suspect we are going to have speedbumps ahead though. They last time they "improved the staff" they hired one single recruiting staffer.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Twitter rumor but it was allegedly the demands last year too.

Given that Stricklin actually mentioned it in the firing ceremony of Cousin Eddy, it makes some sense.

I suspect we are going to have speedbumps ahead though. They last time they "improved the staff" they hired one single recruiting staffer.
I'm hard pressed to believe that this admin will do much more than talk a big game.
What exactly have they followed through with thus far? All of a sudden they are going to show some great commitment to football that they haven't for the last decade? I don't buy it.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Yeah, but our 2001 version also had brains and character. BTW, he is still married to his college sweetheart. Sounds a lot like the Lane train wreck.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can’t fight it. No matter how hard I want to think to the contrary, Stricklin has his sights set on Napier. It’s a matter of ironing out the contract details at this point. We’ll probably have an introductory presser on Monday. He’s the guy.

I’ll get behind him and hope he succeeds in a big way. Everyone else should, too. We all have a vested interest. We’ve waited a long time for a return to championship-level football. We’re due.

Let’s go do it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm hard pressed to believe that this admin will do much more than talk a big game.
What exactly have they followed through with thus far? All of a sudden they are going to show some great commitment to football that they haven't for the last decade? I don't buy it.
I agree but Stricklin is feeling the heat. Hell the water is at a full boil. Maybe he thinks this is the way to save his stupid ass.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can’t fight it. No matter how hard I want to think to the contrary, Stricklin has his sights set on Napier. It’s a matter of ironing out the contract details at this point. We’ll probably have an introductory presser on Monday. He’s the guy.

I’ll get behind him and hope he succeeds in a big way. Everyone else should, too. We all have a vested interest. We’ve waited a long time for a return to championship-level football. We’re due.

Let’s go do it.
So.... bite the pillow and don't breath much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator