Hey keyboard coaches

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WHAT THE **** do injuries have to with the offense. At least when when Chump lost to Georgia Southern he had the excuse that SIXTEEN players were out with injuries. And ALL linebackers were injured. Only walkons at LB.

But that game was lost BECAUSE OF DEFENSE. Where injuries were rampant.

This game was on OFFENSE. Where we were pretty healthy.
Didn't Ga Southern have as many injuries as we did?

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Sorry, but I am way beyond the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" argument. More than than losing the game, it was the woeful, embarrassing performance that the entire nation and all of our potential recruits saw.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All I know is, like last year, I see a lot of people running wide open and the ball not getting to them.
O line is still lacking. Not to say the 2 QBs we have, that aren't freshmen, are any good, but it's hard to hit those receivers when you often don't have time to get rid of it.
Of course, even if they did, LDR wouldn't be able to get it to them, and Appleby will throw it 5 yards past them :headslap:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Im at the same place I was with Chump. I wanted him to succeed and tried to believe he would but deep down I knew he wasnt the right one. I realize the whole injury thing and the oline problems and so on but what I see is this staff doesnt have any answers. There is no creativity or trick plays or certain plays to counter different looks. The offense we were told would be alot of fun simply sucks. We have 5-6 plays we try over and over and we have become highly predictable with certain personnel rotations. There is nothing fun about watching this team and truthfully I dont think next year gets much better. Its sad that Florida the power program is still in this situation 7 years and running.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't Ga Southern have as many injuries as we did?

They did. My point was that the defense struggled that day because of injuries. To try to make a corollary of defense injuries to the Ineptitude of the offense during yesterday's game is weak.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So what would you have done genius? Just gone with a true freshman that wasn't ready to play? I'm glad you aren't coach.

It is on Chump. He put the staff in this situation. They got Trask and Franks in here with Allen coming in next year. They are recruiting talent at QB. It takes time. Next year there is no excuse. They'll have their guy in. No more on year patch guys.

Yes I would've gone with the freshman! Just like FSU did. Just like Alabama did. Just like Georgia did.

And the play calling is on chump? The call to go for on the first drive as opposed to just picking up the points? The call to not have Scarlet in the game when we were knocking on the door? Yep. Those are chump's faults.You're about as clueless as they come.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They did. My point was that the defense struggled that day because of injuries. To try to make a corollary of defense injuries to the Ineptitude of the offense during yesterday's game is weak.
My point is that Muschamp was worse than Butters. He's had to play without a good line or QB in his two years. Not saying he is the answer. He hasn't shown anything for us to believe that. But all of the Muschamp comparisons are for shyt

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My point is that Muschamp was worse than Butters. He's had to play without a good line or QB in his two years. Not saying he is the answer. He hasn't shown anything for us to believe that. But all of the Muschamp comparisons are for shyt

No doubt. Chump sucked.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
O line is still lacking. Not to say the 2 QBs we have, that aren't freshmen, are any good, but it's hard to hit those receivers when you often don't have time to get rid of it.
Of course, even if they did, LDR wouldn't be able to get it to them, and Appleby will throw it 5 yards past them :headslap:
I saw a few passes that should have been caught by our receivers. Just didn't give the effort necessary to make the catch. These were also deep balls that would open up the defense more.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
* Dalvin Cook is a undoubtedly a great back. He had 96 yards in the first half but only 50 or so in the second half. Somehow we managed to contain him fairly well
All really good points but this one I don't agree with. They just let off of Cook and went with that bigger back more. No need to use Cook as much, they had the game in hand.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I saw a few passes that should have been caught by our receivers. Just didn't give the effort necessary to make the catch. These were also deep balls that would open up the defense more.
I do agree with that. There was at least 2, if not 3 that should have been caught last night, both would have made a difference, enough to win? who knows, but I agree with you here.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I do agree with that. There was at least 2, if not 3 that should have been caught last night, both would have made a difference, enough to win? who knows, but I agree with you here.
Yeah, I don't know if it would have been enough to win but it certainly was during the time when the score was closer. All FSU's defense had to do was pin their ears back and go after the QB because their was no down field threat. We had to make those catches to make the defense respect the throw.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
there seems to be something going wrong in a different place every play.

callaway drops a catchable pass, albeit one thrown a little late by happy feet appleby.

appleby overthrows wide open cleveland.

scarlett misses outside pressure on appleby.

someone plays statue on the OL.

goolsby is wide open on fourth down in the end zone but appleby lacks the vision and time to see him.

coaching? talent level? both?

it was pretty obvious any breakdowns on Defense had to do with the youth of the freshman LBs and Gardner, and yet they still did enough.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I am not going to sit here and defend Mack and his recruiting. But you clowns have got to see that we had a heck of a chance to beat these clowns had we had half our team there. I have never seen a program with so many Key players out.

This game could've been very different had we had some players in the game, I have never seen a team this decimated with injuries.

So anyways for all you complainers if you knew anything about football you should know we should have lost by 35 last night with the team we were able to scrape together. Is it unacceptable the loss? Absolutely not, but you got to look at the facts.

Get behind your keyboard and go to town boys.
No...spin it how you want, but scoring 2 FGs is not winning this game and that's on the coaches. We can't even score 2 offensive TDs in a game over the last 2 months....COACHING. Even Kentucky's coaches adapted and went to a lot of wildcat formations that helped them score a bunch and win games opening up the passing. We run 5 freaking plays.....its all on the offensive coaching. Someone must be fired!

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
In view of all the data on Nuss past stops and campaigns... that guy is an abomination in sequencing and doing it until they stop you. Fire Nuss is the first step in isolating our rate limiting factor. Flip a few 4/5* and then I will have some "authentic" hope going into next season.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No...spin it how you want, but scoring 2 FGs is not winning this game and that's on the coaches. We can't even score 2 offensive TDs in a game over the last 2 months....COACHING. Even Kentucky's coaches adapted and went to a lot of wildcat formations that helped them score a bunch and win games opening up the passing. We run 5 freaking plays.....its all on the offensive coaching. Someone must be fired!

But, but aren't all Kentucky's formations Wildcat formations ? :confused:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
15%2B-%2B1

Gator Nation Post Game...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.