How about Dana Holgursen for new Head Coach?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n67076 said:
Full sized candy bars.

Brave little bastards will do anything for some chocolate, won't they?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n67390 said:
Brave little bastards will do anything for some chocolate, won't they?

For the real little kids, my wife will walk down the driveway to give them the candy bars. But I'm surprised each year the little kids that will make their way up the drive way.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe this time Bob Stoops will really come.... LOL

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n67418 said:
He makes more money at A&M and he doesn't have nearly the pressure.

I too think Sumlin is our best bet. The guy knows offense and always seems to be pretty good each year no matter what players he is using. It should be possible to pull him from A&M. Possible but not a sure thing by any means.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n67418 said:
He makes more money at A&M and he doesn't have nearly the pressure.

He'd get a raise and most coaches want a challenge. Neither of your reasons would keep Sumlin from coming to UF.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...-top-10-100214

Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State Cowboys
Key assistants come and go on his staff and he keeps winning. There's been plenty of talk about friction between Gundy and his bosses. There's a good chance his team could be 7-1 heading into November with that lone loss being a tight one to No. 1 FSU. Persona-wise he wouldn't seem like a fit at Michigan. At Florida or LSU (if Miles left) might be more viable.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am a huge Sumlin fan, but the only way he leaves A&M is for the NFL. I read somewhere the Raiders may throw a billion dollars and control over Al Davis' cryogenically frozen body to take that job. Presumably Otis Sistrunk, Ken Stabler and Phil Villapiano are not part of the deal.

A&M is paying him really well and treating him like a god. As much as I would love to see him patrolling the Swamp, it is beyond unlikely to happen.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n67432 said:
He'd get a raise and most coaches want a challenge. Neither of your reasons would keep Sumlin from coming to UF.

To go from an administration and fanbase that thinks he can do no wrong, to the atmosphere here. The money will be the same. Sumlin's next job will be on Sundays.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n67436 said:
http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...-top-10-100214

Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State Cowboys
Key assistants come and go on his staff and he keeps winning. There's been plenty of talk about friction between Gundy and his bosses. There's a good chance his team could be 7-1 heading into November with that lone loss being a tight one to No. 1 FSU. Persona-wise he wouldn't seem like a fit at Michigan. At Florida or LSU (if Miles left) might be more viable.

I've been saying Gundy could be an option. I'll stand by it. Gundy should be foleys#1 target. He's is hands down the best realistic candidate in my eyes. Though I don't how realistic he is but he's definitely flirted with other jobs. Also miles isn't going to leave LSU especially with a stud qb that's only a freshman. He will likely get a raise.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n67500 said:
To go from an administration and fanbase that thinks he can do no wrong, to the atmosphere here. The money will be the same. Sumlin's next job will be on Sundays.

Foley would sell his soul to get a coach like Sumlin, you better believe he'd get a raise. UF would be a great upgrade for Sumlin and he'd actually be at a school where he could win NC's. How do you think he'd be treated here if he won? He would forget about College Station real quick.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n67505 said:
I've been saying Gundy could be an option. I'll stand by it. Gundy should be foleys#1 target. He's is hands down the best realistic candidate in my eyes. Though I don't how realistic he is but he's definitely flirted with other jobs. Also miles isn't going to leave LSU especially with a stud qb that's only a freshman. He will likely get a raise.

LSU has to worry about Michigan trying to take him (again). If he gets another raise, that will be why.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n67506 said:
Foley would sell his soul to get a coach like Sumlin, you better believe he'd get a raise. UF would be a great upgrade for Sumlin and he'd actually be at a school where he could win NC's. How do you think he'd be treated here if he won? He would forget about College Station real quick.

Texas A&M currently has the money to compete with what we would offer. Second, Texas A&M is also in a position to win NC's now they are in the SEC. The third argument, How would he be treated "if" he won. Same way he is already treated in Texas A&M.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n67412 said:
CapitalGator02;n67412 said:

Anm has money. I don't think we'd pay what they would to keep him. Plus he's in a way better situation. As far as challenges he has LSU and bama every year to worry about. The only job I see him leaving there for is probably a nfl gig.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n67507 said:
LSU has to worry about Michigan trying to take him (again). If he gets another raise, that will be why.

you never know. I just don't he'd do it , he seems to be having fun at LSU,I know he's a Michigan man but I don't think he'd take a way lesser job.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n67510 said:
Anm has money. I don't think we'd pay what they would to keep him. Plus he's in a way better situation. As far as challenges he has LSU and bama every year to worry about. The only job I see him leaving there for is probably a nfl gig.

Never said anything about him coming to Florida. Would I like him to? Absolutely, but i don't agree with the reasoning of why he wouldn't come to UF, aside from going to the NFL instead.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n67515 said:
Never said anything about him coming to Florida. Would I like him to? Absolutely, but i don't agree with the reasoning of why he wouldn't come to UF, aside from going to the NFL instead.
Touche! Your avatar is awesome btw

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator