How about Dana Holgursen for new Head Coach?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n67662 said:
I can't believe how fat and awful looking T. Bowden has gotten
Lol I know that's what makes it awsome

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n67662 said:
I can't believe how fat and awful looking T. Bowden has gotten

Looks like every Bowden.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
CapitalGator02;n67412 said:

Even though he hasn't won anything, I like Sumlin. I enjoy listening to him talk football. But his next stop is probably the League

B

Bar None Gator

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey you wise cracker jacks, unranked WVU just beat the #4 team in the country - Baylor. If there is one thing I can say about Dana Holgurson, is that he sure makes it more exciting for the fans than Muschacha has made it around here for years. And yes, Muschacha beat a #4 rated LSU in 2012 but the Gators were #10 that year. I may be the only one that thinks this guy would make a good run for us in Gainesville. Sure beats the product that is being sold to us these days.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Absolutely better than what we have now.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Guys like Holgursen, Briles and Sumlin bring an entertainment value on top of their reputations for winning. Kind of like we had during the 90's. I would settle for that in a heartbeat...

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
You guys are absolute loons if you think Holgerson is a good hire...

2012 - 7-6
2013 - 4-8
2014 - 4-2

This is his record since actually joining a conference, a conference that still isn't that great. Oh btw, #4 Baylor, highly overrated, a few players short of being the same Baylor team that got taken to the woodshed by UCF last year...

His 2012 losses include a 49-14 beat down by Texas Tech, a 55-14 loss to Kansas State, a double OT loss to TCU, 55-34 loss to Okie St, a 50-49 loss to Oklahoma, and a 38-14 loss to Syracuse.

2013 losses include 16-7 loss to oklahoma, 37-0 loss to maryland, 73-42 loss to baylor, 37-27 loss to Tech, 35-12 loss to Kansas state, 47-40 loss to Texas, 31-19 loss to KANSAS!!!!, 52-44 loss to Iowa State...

Yeah, no thank you. If you want flashy losses than he is your man but give me a break, we are all entitled to our own opinions but jesus christ, at least be reasonable...

oh and im sure that his defense will work wonders in the SEC....

B

Bar None Gator

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad you left out the 2011 season where he went 11-2 and won the Orange bowl. But who really cares? I am not saying the guy is an all out winner.(Of course, he isn't) And are there others who are better coaches? Of course. But at the very least, he brings some excitement to the table and can win. What we have now, is a pile of manure that is stinking up college football compared to what we used to expect around here. I watch week and week out and Muschamp football bores the living crud out of me. And losing apparently is part of his DNA. I just want a reason to get excited again with our program.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
There is only two type of coaches we talk about on this board. The ones that is not good enough for us and the ones that are too good and would never come here. :rolleyes:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I would say 95% of current college HC's would come here. However, Foley is too stupid to hire any of them that are truly worth a damn, and would rather hire an assistant for training-on-the-job instead. At this point, age and all, bringing in Cutcliffe to reunite with Roper makes daggone good sense.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
It's does seems he is always looking for a "out of leftfield no one would think of homerun hire" for the football team. Too busy trying to be " the smartest guy in the room".

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Just keep in mind, he has a very experienced and very smart QB. If we had both we wouldn't be talking about a HC change. The position is that important. Without Winston fspukes drops one last year and possibly 2-3 this year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You think if Trickett had transferred to UF that he would be starting in front of Driztard?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Floridagator;82906 said:
Just keep in mind, he has a very experienced and very smart QB. If we had both we wouldn't be talking about a HC change. The position is that important. Without Winston fspukes drops one last year and possibly 2-3 this year.
And the one prior qb is a starting qb in the nfl. Good trend buddy

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Yes. He would have started before JD ever got on campus. He would have been playing when Brantley sucked. A good QB makes a decent coach look good

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Floridagator;82953 said:
Ray Finkle;n82939 said:
And the one prior qb is a starting qb in the nfl. Good trend buddy
Really? Who was that?
Could be the guy before, but Gino. Worst case he is 2 for 3 at producing nfl caliber qbs. How are we doin?

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gino was 2 ago but I see what your saying. Gino was there before he got there. I like the guy but QBs make a difference. We suck but Treon is breathing life into us as a inexperienced true freshman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.