Gator Basketball How much more, Mike White?

VAGator

Founding Member
Distibutor of Wholesome Goodness
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mike White needs to go IMO considering his inconsistent and limited success with the talent level this team has. We're gonna have to wait until the 2022 season aren't we? ****!

* Disclamier: If the season/team turns around for the positive, I will be glad to eat crow. :eek3: ...but it won't.....

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Rich content - something you just can’t find in the 15 other “Fire White” threads. Bravo.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Mike White were to get fired, it would certainly help us in our March to 1 Million posts. That would be a thread good for at least 16-20 pages. The more games we lose the better too cause this last loss was an 8 page game thread while the 30 point win over Providence was only a 4 page thread. Let the losses pile up to help make the inevitable more likely? The inevitable being White fired and GC hitting 1M.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rich content - something you just can’t find in the 15 other “Fire White” threads. Bravo.
To use facts... there are 2 “Official Game Threads” on the main page and a 3rd thread on page 2 that is about the overrated Gator BBall team. That’s hardly 15 threads but God I wish we had the passion for BBall to have 15 threads on the main page calling for the firing of this schitbag coach and his street ball. Alas, he’ll be here for 2 more years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mike White needs to go IMO considering his inconsistent and limited success with the talent level this team has. We're gonna have to wait until the 2022 season aren't we? ****!

* Disclamier: If the season/team turns around for the positive, I will be glad to eat crow. :eek3: ...but it won't.....

Didn't our asshat AD JUST give the MOFO a raise (which raises his buyout)?

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
To use facts... there are 2 “Official Game Threads” on the main page and a 3rd thread on page 2 that is about the overrated Gator BBall team. That’s hardly 15 threads but God I wish we had the passion for BBall to have 15 threads on the main page calling for the firing of this schitbag coach and his street ball. Alas, he’ll be here for 2 more years.
:scoff:

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Guys, guys, guys, the twitter verse has told me that last year, it was youth. This year it is youth. Every year it is youth. Nvm how Kentucky does with basically 3-4 true fresh starters every season. Oh, and White can’t shoot for the players. He also can’t coach the players because players will just use their bad habits and it’s impossible to correct bad habits through coaching.

White 2020-2021 y’all!

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I was slow to get on this train since White has led us to an Elite 8 once and the Round of 32 twice; and followed that up with a dynamic recruiting class this year.

Expectations were high, given that most of our starters and best scorers from last year were returning, we landed the best graduate transfer available (a difference-making "Big" that we haven't had in awhile), AND multiple impact freshman from aforementioned highly rated recruiting class.

...and it's been an unmitigated disaster. The product is damn near unwatchable and while the players aren't doing their part--we *have* high-quality depth that we aren't using. If slow tempo isn't working...play faster. If THAT isn't working, find an offense for the night that is. In the Providence game, we looked like the Gator team everyone thought we'd be...only to regress in every single way possible vs a better team in Utah State.

Added to that: this isn't an isolated example. Allen and Hudson demonstrably regressed during White's tenure and I'm struggling to think of someone who improved as the years went on. KJ is perhaps the best--and only--example I can think of.

Adding it all up (our performances, our effort over multiple seasons, our inconsistencies, and our disturbing lack of player development), and the common ingredient here is White. He's deservedly on the hot seat now with the fans, even if he isn't with the Administration. Media heat will follow come Jan/Feb if this team continues to play like this since journalists aren't complete idiots: we were expected to be MUCH better than this and any serious attempt to delve into why it isn't working out now will reveal White's less than impressive track record on the above.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
White, as a player, was a point guard who created offense for his team by probing for weaknesses in his opponents defenses, then getting the ball to the open shooter. It was mostly an offense by guards for guards. Unfortunately, his coaching relies on the same approach, but without a guy doing it on a consistent basis.

White's struggles are similar to (but worse than) some of Donovan's early struggles. Donovan's Florida Gators took their biggest leap forward when Donovan hired Larry Shyatt to integrate the bigs into the offense, then recruited some stellar bigs to make it all work.

White needs to do the same thing.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
Guys, guys, guys, the twitter verse has told me that last year, it was youth. This year it is youth. Every year it is youth. Nvm how Kentucky does with basically 3-4 true fresh starters every season. Oh, and White can’t shoot for the players. He also can’t coach the players because players will just use their bad habits and it’s impossible to correct bad habits through coaching.

White 2020-2021 y’all!

I was done with him last year. His press conferences were a clinic in shifting all the blame onto his players while couching it in language that strongly suggests he’s actually defending his players. It was all the music of someone taking accountability without any of the substance. It was all so muschumpian, except that White was a well mannered well groomed house kitty while chump is a clear case of you can’t take the alley out of the alley cat. Otherwise, same guy.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

White 2020-2021 y’all!
No, no, no. Close, but last year was due to having bad seeds on the team. They all left in the offseason. This year will be due to youth.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Zero chemistry on this team. Very disjointed.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
...and it's been an unmitigated disaster. The product is damn near unwatchable and...
Adding it all up (our performances, our effort over multiple seasons, our inconsistencies, and our disturbing lack of player development), and the common ingredient here is White. He's deservedly on the hot seat now with the fans, even if he isn't with the Administration. Media heat will follow come Jan/Feb if this team continues to play like this since journalists aren't complete idiots: we were expected to be MUCH better than this and any serious attempt to delve into why it isn't working out now will reveal White's less than impressive track record on the above.
He spends too much practice time emphasizing defense. And no one will argue that we haven't been good on that side of the court during his tenure. On offense, we resemble Virginia. Is this what we are striving for? An imitation of Virginia (who won it all recently with a super stingy defense and very little offense)? That style of play sucks and waning fan support will sink us back down to obscurity for decades. Give us a decent run (sweet 16 minimum) this year or ship out MW. Demonstrate you have what it takes or pass the baton and move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator