Gator Basketball How much more, Mike White?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
a$$hat?!? A$$HAT?!?! Do you know who you’re talking to? You should check font color before going on a personal attack like that! I’m going to file a formal complaint with the authorities here...oh wait, THAT’S ME!

You’re on thin ice, mister. Thin thin ice.

#M2AM
:lol:

408245F1-D57A-4CD2-B61F-D86DDE164B9C.gif

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know how its ignorant. UNC was ranked preseason #9 and expected to be a Sweet 16 type team in their season previews. 20 Final 4s and 7 NCs for that basketball powerhouse and 5 star/NBA player factory so yeah for them to be 7-5 and as of right now predicted to be in the first 4 OUT in the tourney, that is pretty shocking thus far.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
I don't know how its ignorant. UNC was ranked preseason #9 and expected to be a Sweet 16 type team in their season previews. 20 Final 4s and 7 NCs for that basketball powerhouse and 5 star/NBA player factory so yeah for them to be 7-5 and as of right now predicted to be in the first 4 OUT in the tourney, that is pretty shocking thus far.

Stop trolling. This isn't a fluke year for white like it is for UNC. Offense has been miserable. Our teams constantly choke down the stretch year in and year out in big games. Only thing that got him an extension was chiozzas 20 foot floater in a game where we choked HARD down the stretch to even be in that position. Then we lost to South Carolina to miss out on final four where we choked down the stretch again and couldn't figure out how to score at the end of the game.

Lose to Frank Martin almost every time we play his team, as we do to other teams that play tough like fsu.

I used to ask people this in mccelwains and muschamps waning time to people who would defend them so I will ask again here:

What exactly are you waiting to see to decide that a coach isn't very good?

I don't think we should fire him mid season or anything but if we don't make the tournament this year he needs to go.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm with you Towels 'N' Sporks. Mike White has no right to $4 million per year while making the entire Gator fanship despise our basketball team, year after year. White's negative effect is so sure and swift that hope is gone. We won't win the SEC, not even compete. We will mess up our chances for March Madness. If Gator basketball is not enjoyable for us, think about how disturbing it must be to our players. ??
Still, I'll be watching next game .... maybe one Gator will shine.?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I said that last year we should get rid of White and have said to fire White after every loss this season. I have also asked many times who to replace White with and get nothing but crickets so I don't what we do at this point.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I said that last year we should get rid of White and have said to fire White after every loss this season. I have also asked many times who to replace White with and get nothing but crickets so I don't what we do at this point.
Yes, we should keep him. No chance we ever land anyone better than another NIT special guy.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Tell me who in the athletic department has a clue about basketball or the inclination to think it rates priority over swimming or volleyball.

I don’t think we can fully appreciate how lucky we were to have Donovan.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Basketball gets major sport status by virtue of many other schools that have good entertaining competitive teams with star players. Each season winds up with spectacular televised events .... March Madness, which is the whole point of it all. No schools want to be left out of that.??

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t think we can fully appreciate how lucky we were to have Donovan.
I had a friend who was pretty close to him, but no longer. (Different staffs now.) He did say that Billy was promised a new facility after they made that first run in 2000 or so. So much for taking Fooley's word.

We are lucky he stayed as long as he did. They always thought he'd go back to Kintucky.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Basketball gets major sport status by virtue of many other schools that have good entertaining competitive teams with star players. Each season winds up with spectacular televised events .... March Madness, which is the whole point of it all. No schools want to be left out of that.??

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
What I dislike about our BB product is that while we have great history and pedigree, our gym looks like a half-empty YMCA no matter who we play. I check the attendance and am always surprised because on TV all the empty seats directly behind the bench are pathetic. All other venues seems more electric by comparison.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
What I dislike about our BB product is that while we have great history and pedigree, our gym looks like a half-empty YMCA no matter who we play. I check the attendance and am always surprised because on TV all the empty seats directly behind the bench are pathetic. All other venues seems more electric by comparison.

#PublicIvy crap. That's what it will get ya.

VAGator

Founding Member
Distibutor of Wholesome Goodness
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I dislike the product White is putting on the court. Put a F****** good product out there (or at least a competitive one) and you won't see ANY empty seats. I don't remember actually looking at the stands watching most games but didn't notice empty seats in any.....
The O Center's capacity is listed as:10,133 and attendance is listed for the North Florida game at 9,685 and the Marshall game at 10,583.Are you saying the attendance reports are padded? :gah:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are we looking at a 9-9 SEC conference record this season? Does anyone care or will even watch the games?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The “club “ section is always empty because the athletic program sold themselves out for money (Shocking isn’t it?) when the remodel was completed. The program bumped real fans, like me for 35 years, in favor of the fat cats who write checks.
Now you have an entire section of people who either don’t bother to attend half of the games or they spend the entire time sitting at the bar inside the club
Now when you watch on tv it looks like we cannot even sell the best seats
This bad decision aligns with the overall direction of a program in a downward spiral

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
The “club “ section is always empty because the athletic program sold themselves out for money (Shocking isn’t it?) when the remodel was completed. The program bumped real fans, like me for 35 years, in favor of the fat cats who write checks.
Now you have an entire section of people who either don’t bother to attend half of the games or they spend the entire time sitting at the bar inside the club
Now when you watch on tv it looks like we cannot even sell the best seats
This bad decision aligns with the overall direction of a program in a downward spiral
Dude, thanks for writing this. I've been trying to communicate this to no avail. We absolutely cannot have premium seats remain empty in front of the cameras. Every game looks like a preseason game during holiday break. It's a pathetic visual. Basketball AV team or whoever is in charge of TV presentation needs to fix this ASAP. Not only does MW make play a super boring, low-scoring style of slow-down basketball, but our games look under-attended... even the kick-ass center court seats behind the bench remain empty for most of the game.

Next up is to fix the audio. Unbelievable how horrible it sounds on TV. Don't know why. Just fix it or we will lose our brand in about two or three more seasons. Last season, I watched Gators play @Alabama and I thought how in the world does Bama present better on TV (louder, more fans on the screen, more excitement) than the O-Dome where we have the Rowdies and a Championship pedigree. Nevermind MW's offensive challenges; say goodbye to decent BB forever if we don't find a way to change this travesty.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I dislike the product White is putting on the court. Put a F****** good product out there (or at least a competitive one) and you won't see ANY empty seats. I don't remember actually looking at the stands watching most games but didn't notice empty seats in any.....
The O Center's capacity is listed as:10,133 and attendance is listed for the North Florida game at 9,685 and the Marshall game at 10,583.Are you saying the attendance reports are padded? :gah:
Not padded, just surprising based on how it looks and sounds on TV. Looks and sounds like a half-empty highschool gym. Someone fix it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator