Gator Basketball How much more, Mike White?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
For many of us Gators, we will watch all games and White's torturing us will be fuel for anger .... unless those kids figure how to become immune to White's style.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Mike White is a young pup, probably here too early. I wonder if he can recognize his coaching deficiencies, adapt and change. We are likely going to have him 2-3 more years regardless.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, thanks for writing this. I've been trying to communicate this to no avail. We absolutely cannot have premium seats remain empty in front of the cameras. Every game looks like a preseason game during holiday break. It's a pathetic visual. Basketball AV team or whoever is in charge of TV presentation needs to fix this ASAP. Not only does MW make play a super boring, low-scoring style of slow-down basketball, but our games look under-attended... even the kick-ass center court seats behind the bench remain empty for most of the game.

Next up is to fix the audio. Unbelievable how horrible it sounds on TV. Don't know why. Just fix it or we will lose our brand in about two or three more seasons. Last season, I watched Gators play @Alabama and I thought how in the world does Bama present better on TV (louder, more fans on the screen, more excitement) than the O-Dome where we have the Rowdies and a Championship pedigree. Nevermind MW's offensive challenges; say goodbye to decent BB forever if we don't find a way to change this travesty.

Not sure there is anything that can be done because this result is exactly what the athletic department wants.
They rigged the priority system to intentionally remove the long term fans in favor of the "Johnny come lately" fat cats that only attend when the bright lights are on and attendance is fashionable. By the way, my seat was in that "Kick ass center court section you referenced."

Instead of basketball games being the best TV experience for the fans that cannot attend, the games have morphed into highbrow social events where the beautiful people (not really most of them look like the fat cats they are) either don't show up or they spend the entire time sucking up to the fatter cat that sits near them.

Although I was very upset (as you can tell from my whining on here) at the time, seeing the current product makes me very happy that my only pain is the product, not the product and a few thousand dollars each season.

Let me know when it gets bad enough that Scottie cares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator