How Napier gathers his analytics

Grumbler

Lifetime Member
Nov 24, 2017
I want to see the analytics which show that the proper thing to do on 4th and a foot on the first play of the 2nd quarter on your own 30 yard line is to snap the ball between the quarterback's legs to a RB who then attempts to throw the ball while nobody blocks anybody.
It was the kind of play we would run back in the day. When we were children. Small, white children who were mostly terrible at football.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I think the majority of it is youth. Though I think a new system is the reason for defense. It’s not completely new. But it has a lot of different schemes than last year. And the defense is probably the youngest D in the country.
But we are halfway through the season. I was expecting, especially after the bye week, to see improvement in most of the units (especially the Oline).

2007 had about as much youth on D (granted, more talented youth) and I definately saw improvement game to game. It wasn't linear, a few steps forward, then a step back, but overall, the defense was much better by years end.

Frustrating.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
But we are halfway through the season. I was expecting, especially after the bye week, to see improvement in most of the units (especially the Oline).

2007 had about as much youth on D (granted, more talented youth) and I definately saw improvement game to game. It wasn't linear, a few steps forward, then a step back, but overall, the defense was much better by years end.

Frustrating.

One advantage that defense had in 2007 was the pressure our offense with Tebow and Harvin placed on opposing teams. Even in some of our losses, we were able to force turnovers, in large part because teams were forced to take risks to keep up. We don’t have that advantage this year. The longer teams can stay balanced, and in the base game plan, the more difficult it is to stop them offensively.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I think the majority of it is youth. Though I think a new system is the reason for defense. It’s not completely new. But it has a lot of different schemes than last year. And the defense is probably the youngest D in the country.
1698874567384.png
1698874945813.png
One of these teams won a natty and one has alot of assistants. Not sure youth is the problem. Hell our young players might be the only reason we have won 5 games. It's those worthless transfers that suck arse.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
One advantage that defense had in 2007 was the pressure our offense with Tebow and Harvin placed on opposing teams. Even in some of our losses, we were able to force turnovers, in large part because teams were forced to take risks to keep up. We don’t have that advantage this year. The longer teams can stay balanced, and in the base game plan, the more difficult it is to stop them offensively.
Good point. But I'm not talking about W-L.

If, in 2007, our offense forced teams to throw more, then more pressure would have happened on our DBs and DL. Yet they got better as the season progressed.

IIRC, 2007 offense was a big play offense BNs offense has 5-10 min drives, so this years defense may be on the field less? Who knows... that's getting to far in the weeds.

IMO, W-L isn't the criteria for a rebuild. It's the progression of each unit ( OL, DL, CB, S, LB, WR).

I guess a lack of depth is a contributor.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Anawhatic's.....people be over thinking this...
the bachelor GIF

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I want to see the analytics which show that the proper thing to do on 4th and a foot on the first play of the 2nd quarter on your own 30 yard line is to snap the ball between the quarterback's legs to a RB who then attempts to throw the ball while nobody blocks anybody.
With a few days to think about it that play should be right there with Cristobal's running play against GT for the dumbest play of the year...

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty and Zambo put this thread to bed. Nothing more to see here .

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Billy looking at the analytics on whether to punt or go for it on 4th and 25 on your own 30 in a tie game

IMG_8557.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator