Hurricane Ian / Nicole Thread

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
158 mph winds. It's about to get upgraded to Cat 5. Storm surges to 16 feet. Humans cannot survive that.

Trailers are doomed. Lee and Charlette Co are packed with mobile home parks and Cape Coral is built on man made canals.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Trailers are doomed. Lee and Charlette Co are packed with mobile home parks and Cape Coral is built on man made canals.

Everywhere there is population density, lots of mobiles. I fear there is going to be a large loss of life. Already a projection of $20b in property damage.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I’ve always been amazed that anyone would elect to live in South Florida, anywhere near the coast, in a mobile home or trailer.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I’ve always been amazed that anyone would elect to live in South Florida, anywhere near the coast, in a mobile home or trailer.

Many are second homes. Some are really nice gated communities but not a place for fires or storms.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
When my dad built our house in 1959, in Pensacola, he put anchor rods from the roof to the foundation every 8 feet or so. Code back then was to put J hooks into the top lintel pour but he ran them to the concrete foundation. I think something like that is code now. Anyway, the house is still there with the original roof structure. I dont care how many straps you put around a manufactured home, the thing is going away in 160 MPH winds.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
this ain’t gone be good
weather channel showing dumpsters floating by two miles in at Englewood and it’s just getting started

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just texted my friend in Naples and he sent me this. :lol2:

Attachments

• 4A0FA5AD-202E-4C8E-8A67-41457325F615.jpeg
    4A0FA5AD-202E-4C8E-8A67-41457325F615.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 35

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
Expected to make land fall at Manasota Key near Englewood within the hour.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
LOL! Never heard of and just learned what the "Waffle House Index" is:

"If you get there and the Waffle House is closed? That's really bad..." — Craig Fugate, Former Head of FEMA

Apparently Waffle House has state of the art disaster plans that includes generators to keep their stores open and a supply chain designed to keep them viable during natural disasters which explains Fugate's declaration. There is an entire Twitter time line devoted to Waffle House status' across the state. I'm blown away by this...

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Gov Ron DeSantis has issued an emergency order that all Florida visitors must evacuate immediately to Martha's Vineyard. Residents can sta

"If you get there and the Waffle House is closed? That's really bad..." — Craig Fugate, Former Head of FEMA

Apparently Waffle House has state of the art disaster plans that includes generators to keep their stores open and a supply chain designed to keep them viable during natural disasters which explains Fugate's declaration. There is an entire Twitter time line devoted to Waffle House status' across the state. I'm blown away by this...
Darn, if they paid as much attention to the quality of food served.......................just sayin

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

The Waffle House Index has been used for a very long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.