If we lose the rest of our games....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Finally someone who isn't pulling things out of their ass to make themselves feel better. He has never given any indication he's getting an OC and at this point I highly doubt he does. We knew we needed one and an ST coach last year. How'd that work out? He's as stubborn as chump, just not as prickly about it.
You might be right. Some coach's figure they just need a couple more of their players or a little more time to get their system adjusted without seeing the bigger picture or bigger problem which is their system to begin with.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Finally someone who isn't pulling things out of their ass to make themselves feel better. He has never given any indication he's getting an OC and at this point I highly doubt he does. We knew we needed one and an ST coach last year. How'd that work out? He's as stubborn as chump, just not as prickly about it.
It's more likely he gets an OC this off-season, than him getting fired this off-season

SwampGag

Nov 14, 2023
And when he gets an OC, then what?

Why do you expect him to get an OC? If he does, it will be because he was forced to and that won't end well. However, given the latitude that seems inherent in his deal, I can't envision someone higher up forcing CBN to hire an OC. He thinks he can fix our woes. If he thought an OC would help, he would have already hired one. Apparently, we need a staff member for everything else under the sun, except for the offensive coordinator position. Billy's got that. God help us.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why do you expect him to get an OC? If he does, it will be because he was forced to and that won't end well. However, given the latitude that seems inherent in his deal, I can't envision someone higher up forcing CBN to hire an OC. He thinks he can fix our woes. If he thought an OC would help, he would have already hired one. Apparently, we need a staff member for everything else under the sun, except for the offensive coordinator position. Billy's got that. God help us.
Why are you saying "if" now?
I thought you were confident he wouldn't.
He insinuated it in a presser this year with a comment that his wife supposedly made to him.
Also, an attempt at self preservation.

I'm not saying he'll be successful with it or even pick the right person...but I believe he probably will get one. Even if he fuchs it up too :lol:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Why are you saying "if" now?
I thought you were confident he wouldn't.
He insinuated it in a presser this year with a comment that his wife supposedly made to him.
Also, an attempt at self preservation.

I'm not saying he'll be successful with it or even pick the right person...but I believe he probably will get one. Even if he fuchs it up too :lol:
No. He didn't

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Good article - long but worth the read.

Explains why UF can’t and shouldn’t move on from Napier. But also chronicles what Billy has done poorly and must fix.

The article starts out by talking about the financial impacts of firing Napier. Well guess what, the Dumbo firing kicks that to the curb.

Then the article goes on to point out, in great detail, all the things that went wrong last year and have not been fixed this year. Hope is the only thing that can lead anyone to believe that Napier is going to make changes. Because there certainly is no data to indicate that we will make the needed changes.

So regardless of how likely it is, Napier should be fired now. And regarding the recruiting class; a) it could all fall apart with more losses, and b) the right coach (cough, cough Urban) could save the class.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The article starts out by talking about the financial impacts of firing Napier. Well guess what, the Dumbo firing kicks that to the curb.

Then the article goes on to point out, in great detail, all the things that went wrong last year and have not been fixed this year. Hope is the only thing that can lead anyone to believe that Napier is going to make changes. Because there certainly is no data to indicate that we will make the needed changes.

So regardless of how likely it is, Napier should be fired now. And regarding the recruiting class; a) it could all fall apart with more losses, and b) the right coach (cough, cough Urban) could save the class.
All of this is true but unless he's like last years bowl game bad in the next 2 weeks I think the odds are against it. This is the new and nicer UF so the youth and injury arguments will be flying from those that want to keep him.

All that said we'll have to watch how the next 2 weeks unfold and what kind of masterpiece Karl serves up in the next 2 games.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
No one is claiming you "can't" fire him now. They just WON'T fire him now, and those getting their hopes up that they will are in for a world of disappointment.
Incorrect Oh Great One. People are claiming that it would be bad for the program to fire him, financially, optics, etc. Hence you can't fire him now. Bull crap.

I agree that Napier's firing will likely not happen. But that won't stop me from arguing that it should happen.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Incorrect Oh Great One. People are claiming that it would be bad for the program to fire him, financially, optics, etc. Hence you can't fire him now. Bull crap.

I agree that Napier's firing will likely not happen. But that won't stop me from arguing that it should happen.
And hire who?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Fans want coaches fired after their first loss. That's what makes them fans.

I would agree it's unlikely that Napier develops in a title-winning coach. However, we would have laughed our asses off if someone told us a couple of years ago that FSU would be where they are under Norvell. The fans were just about to drag him out of his house and beat his ass in the street. They were a DISASTER, even cancelling games to duck opponents. Recruiting was mediocre at best.

Are you going to tell me the people at the top at FSU should have fired him two years ago? Did cooler heads prevail in that scenario?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.