If we lose the rest of our games....

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Zero chance we land in the Top 5. I’d say there’s a 40-60 chance we stay Top 10. All momentum is gone and we’re losing people. So if that’s the criteria, I can save you some time.
I agree we need top talent. But a good staff could take 10th ranked classes and make some things happen, win some games they aren't expected to, and build from there. Unfortunately, I don't think this staff can do that, and maybe not with top 5 classes.

What's going on with our Defense? They look out of position. Did we even scheme to prevent Daniels from having so much space to run? Two weeks in a row we get creamed by QBs know to run often.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
BN will still be here. An actual OC (even though the offense has improved) should be hired and an actual DC worthy of being at a top 15 football program needs to be hired. Not some staffer's kids cousin who coaches up 8 win teams on Madden franchise mode.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Okay is the stupid Saul thing another Ox Alias?This has Buzz Killington written all over it AA Ron

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
You can't honestly expect Billy to be a miracle worker and make us a playoff contender overnight. He came into a situation that was the worst in the country. No other football program was even close to as bad as the situation Florida football was in. Nobody have ever taken a program to a championship and won it in year 2, nobody. And with NIL and the transfer portal to take into account, it's the hardest it's ever been.

R E L A X
Saul, he did inherit a bad situation. But does it look like they can coach and train pretty good player to play well? Our Defense seems untrained, like they don't practice, like they forgot how to play the game.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You can't honestly expect Billy to be a miracle worker and make us a playoff contender overnight. He came into a situation that was the worst in the country. No other football program was even close to as bad as the situation Florida football was in. Nobody have ever taken a program to a championship and won it in year 2, nobody. And with NIL and the transfer portal to take into account, it's the hardest it's ever been.

R E L A X
The thing that consoles me in all this is that you can see the improvement from week to w.....lol, nope I just can't do it.

Its over.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I agree we need top talent. But a good staff could take 10th ranked classes and make some things happen, win some games they aren't expected to, and build from there.

Not today. The difference between 1-2 and 5th is a chasm today. Tenth is a Citrus Bowl invite. Just look at the OM game tonight. Adequate talent, great offensive mind. Pulverized by uga. For that matter, the last time they played Ala they won by like 17 points. We can’t recruit outside top 5 snd survive. Then throw in the deficiencies of our coaching. S as l most has to be 2-3.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Saul, he did inherit a bad situation. But does it look like they can coach and train pretty good player to play well? Our Defense seems untrained, like they don't practice, like they forgot how to play the game.
You have to have patience. Everybody is screaming for an OC but look at Mertz stats his one year here with Billy compared to his 4 years at Wisconsin. It's light years better and Billy has only had him for 1 year. Imagine how good he will be next year. Same for our Defense. AA is in his first year and we look like we actually have a pulse, you can't get mad about tonight, Daniel's might be arguably one of the 5 best CFB QBs to ever play the game. Nobody can stop him.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
No that was year 3. I'm dead serious. Even if that was true, name another coach that has done it
Uh, no. You don’t even know the history of your own team. Urbans first year was 2005 and he won it all in 2006, year two.

And just to boot I’ll give you another one: Bob Stoops and Oklahoma went undefeated as national champions in his 2nd year (2000)

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Who’s talking about winning championships? How about just fielding competent teams?
No all you guys talk about is beating Georgia and competing for championships. Georgia was irrelevant for 40 years and you didn't ever see their fans get mad. They just waited patiently for their time. That's all you can do as a fan. No reason to get mad. You all should just be happy we have a football team and get to watch us play on Saturdays

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator