I'm Rethinking UF's Recruiting

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I just read a lot on here but I do post from time to time. Thanks Nav! I coach football now and played in college till I got hit w' mono. I know how this recruiting works. There are not many recruits that could step in and play right now for us. I want the 20 yr old kids who have been prepping for 2 years to play for the Gators. Not an 18 year old that is a HS stud. None of the these kids have taken a snap in college. Their bodies aren't ready. Who knows how they react to the college game? I see a lot of improvements w' Coach Mac and I love what I see. Go Gators!

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We need to seriously rethink our policies, as a University, on marijuana. It is now legal in many states and is just what college kids do.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
This degenerates into the same thread every day...Waste of time...

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We need to seriously rethink our policies, as a University, on marijuana. It is now legal in many states and is just what college kids do.

Huh? That kinda came outta left field. Talking 'cruiting here. Did I miss something? Was there an intro to the marijuana argument that I missed or are you just high ?

giphy.gif

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Huh? That kinda came outta left field. Talking 'cruiting here. Did I miss something? Was there an intro to the marijuana argument that I missed or are you just high ?

giphy.gif

imma say it hurts us in football crootin'

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alachua County has been toying with the idea of decriminalizing minor marijuana possession. I'm sure it will get passed in the next few years. No one really cares anymore if someone has a joint.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Look did we get everyone we wanted and needed, NO! For @T REX and others that want to call this class and Mac garbage at least wait till spring. Let these guys get out there and show what they got. Yes I am a pumper and IDGAS what anyone says. I am going of Mac's track record, and last year he won 10 games with a WR playing QB for half the year. I use the Reagan motto, "Trust but verify". I trust Mac, but I will verify his recruits when they take the field.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not as much pressure on 3 star recruits to produce. 5* recruits have more pressure so they have to live up to the hype like Driskel. 3* recruits can come in and get bigger and better with the strength and conditioning coaches. They probably won't take plays or practices off either as 5* recruits may say, "oh well I'm a 5* so I'm entitled to everything more." We filled our needs to another 10 win season is very realistic. We have some good QBs now and the offense will be even better next year. Go Gators!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not as much pressure on 3 star recruits to produce. 5* recruits have more pressure so they have to live up to the hype like Driskel. 3* recruits can come in and get bigger and better with the strength and conditioning coaches.
Well, there will be more than enough pressure. The LBs MUST play, ready or not. That's a sad thought really because there is almost no chance they will be ready.

The same will happen at DT next year bc of piss poor recruiting THIS year.

Every year it's another disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator