It's a pretty big 'What if?'

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We benched the QB that can't hit a receiver.

And do you guys sit across the room from each other with laptops posting on the same board?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n99253 said:
Best game we've played all year against a team with a pulse was the only one with that type of extreme pass:run ratio. Maybe that's what we do best?
It works for two games, until the defense stops honoring the pass threat.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n99257 said:
We benched the QB that can't hit a receiver.

And do you guys sit across the room from each other with laptops posting on the same board?

So we'll see what happens going forward. I'm not going to say that because we ran 60 times against a team that couldn't even stop us is going to be the case going forward until I see it. Sorry if that's against the "I hate Muschamp" norm. I want the guy gone as well, but I honestly don't think we're going to completely give up passing the ball. I don't care how we beat UGA, I'm just ecstatic we beat them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You didn't answer the question about whether or not you guys are posting while sitting across from each other.

You also hated Chimp last week. Did one game fix it for you?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n99263 said:
You didn't answer the question about whether or not you guys are posting while sitting across from each other.

I just said I wanted him gone. Did you not read that part?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n99259 said:
It works for two games, until the defense stops honoring the pass threat.

Best rush defense we face the rest of the year is FSU, and they're 52nd in the country against an ACC schedule. I like our chances running the ball well the rest of the year. I'm sure they'll bring Treon along at whatever speed he needs to be brought along as far as passing the ball is concerned. I'm more worried about our secondary stopping SCar and FSU's passing attack, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n99263 said:

We sit in the same room and use our laptops. We live together, so I can't imagine that's a shocking scenario for most to digest. We also have Inglourious Basterds on right now and I'm making some potstickers while I drink a Sam Adams Octoberfest, if you'd really like to know all the comings and goings in our household right now.

We've also both gone on record since the end of the UGA game saying we still think a coaching change needs to be made.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n99266 said:
We sit in the same room and use our laptops. We live together, so I can't imagine that's a shocking scenario for most to digest. We also have Inglourious Basterds on right now and I'm making some potstickers while I drink a Sam Adams Octoberfest, if you'd really like to know all the comings and goings in our household right now.

We've also both gone on record since the end of the UGA game saying we still think a coaching change needs to be made.

You left out that I'm drinking red wine. :swampqueen:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n99265 said:
Best rush defense we face the rest of the year is FSU, and they're 52nd in the country against an ACC schedule. I like our chances running the ball well the rest of the year. I'm sure they'll bring Treon along at whatever speed he needs to be brought along as far as passing the ball is concerned. I'm more worried about our secondary stopping SCar and FSU's passing attack, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

You make a good point. We have actually ran the ball pretty well all year I don't expect that to change. But why have we been playing so much zone? That's when our secondary gets burnt. We have guys that can cover it's usually just a blown assignment

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n99253 said:
EMU:
Rushing attempts - 39
Passing attempts - 47

UK:
Rush - 50
Pass - 44

Bama:
Rush - 27
Pass - 28

UT:
Rush - 48
Pass - 27

LSU:
Rush - 32
Pass - 25

Mizzou:
Rush - 48
Pass - 31

UGA:
Rush - 60
Pass - 6

Best game we've played all year against a team with a pulse was the only one with that type of extreme pass:run ratio. Maybe that's what we do best?

Interesting stats but I would like to see how it breaks down either for the first half or before we go down by multiple TDs. Once we are down by so much it forces him out of his gameplan to a degree.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n99268 said:
You make a good point. We have actually ran the ball pretty well all year I don't expect that to change. But why have we been playing so much zone? That's when our secondary gets burnt. We have guys that can cover it's usually just a blown assignment

I just don't think we have the developed talent right now past VH3 and Tabor to have everyone play man like usual. Not only that, we've gotten burnt on some running plays while running man (like Chubb's long TD). Been saying it all year, secondary is talented but raw. They'll come around just fine, but they'll have their growing pains in the process.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We sit in the same room and use our laptops.
I think it's hilarious that you post at the same time so often and was just trying to picture the scenario.

And I don't think you are us dumb as Driskell or Reed. It was joke.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n97461 said:
That would put us at 8-3, with wins over our main 3 rivals (two of which were on the road), and a berth in what would probably be the Capital One or Outback Bowl. Not the greatest season we've had by any stretch, but when you consider we would have been 9-3 with the Idaho game, we went 4-8 last year, we were at rock bottom midway through the season, and we finished strong with a true freshman behind center......Foley's decision won't be an easy one.

It would really boil down to deciding if the strong finish is a sign of things to come, or if it was fool's gold. Because the big turn around would have started with benching our veteran QB and WR and going with the young guys, so there's every reason to believe they'll only get better. Wouldn't want to be in his shoes to make that call.

And to the people here who will say right now that they would still want him gone after winning out and beating FSU on the road, come back and say that immediately after we beat FSU on the road (if it happens). I have a hard time believing people will still be that gung ho about it on Thanksgiving Weekend.
I, for one, would be gung ho to see him go regardless. However, that will not happen. Fooley will keep him. In fact, he might keep him even if we lose to the Criminoles. Fooley was happier about the win against Georgia than the chump. I don't follow Matt Hayes but I do agree with what he said.

“The reality of the situation is this: Machen, the school’s president, and Foley, the school’s athletic director, desperately want to keep Muschamp. They like him, they like what he stands for and how he has cleaned up the program — and how the team looked in 2012 with everything clicking."​

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n97516 said:
This says it all. Foley is looking for reasons to keep him. And he'll keep him at 7-4. I have little doubt. Dude has lost it.
I completely agree with you. 7-4 and the Fooley can say the team is heading in the right direction. No such thing as great expectations with this guy. He will have to be forced to fire him if we end up 7-4.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing at this point would shock me. I have savored this win over UGAy but its time to move to Vandy. I have not changed my position over last Saturday's game. But the deeper we get into this season and if wiinning out happens.....my oh my Foley will have a hard time and some explaining to do.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n99339 said:
I, for one, would be gung ho to see him go regardless. However, that will not happen. Fooley will keep him. In fact, he might keep him even if we lose to the Criminoles. Fooley was happier about the win against Georgia than the chump. I don't follow Matt Hayes but I do agree with what he said.

“The reality of the situation is this: Machen, the school’s president, and Foley, the school’s athletic director, desperately want to keep Muschamp. They like him, they like what he stands for and how he has cleaned up the program — and how the team looked in 2012 with everything clicking."​

Everything clicking? Really? That's the biggest bunch of garbage ever. Nice record buy everything was far from clicking.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n99255 said:
Have we run the ball 60 times in each of our previous games? Are we run first, yes. Do I think that means we run 60+ times and pass 6 times every game now, no. And I'll think that until I see it again. I think we realized UGA wasn't going to be able to stop us Saturday and we ran it down their throats because we could. But at the same time, I think our running backs are much better than our QB so why not run as much as we can? If our O-Line can block and we can run...then run. If our O-Line can't pass block and our QB can't hit a receiver, I don't want to see the attempt and suckage.
I think we realized Squatch not going to the game secured victory for us

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n99536 said:
I think we realized Squatch not going to the game secured victory for us

STFU.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I think we're overlooking the serious issue here. Apparently few if any on this board truly recognize problems where the exist or have the balls to say something about it. And I'm certainly not counting on you to speak up, so I'll just say it. Oktoberfest and potstickers don't pair at all and have no business being consumed in the same setting. Clearly, Queen has her work cut out for her in this regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator