It's a pretty big 'What if?'

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
kepler;n98821 said:
There is no hope until the change is made. Let it play out? Maybe another 4 years? When ESPN puts Georgia on their bottom ten list for losing to the hapless Gators, something is very wrong. And while I love the win, we all know that game plan is not sustainable week after week.

That was NOT the game plan. Never was the game plan to run that many times. But it was working, so why the eff would you stop running when UGA couldn't stop us? I don't understand why this is hard to accept.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n98876 said:
That was NOT the game plan. Never was the game plan to run that many times. But it was working, so why the eff would you stop running when UGA couldn't stop us? I don't understand why this is hard to accept.

It's hard to accept because it doesn't vilify Muschamp. Some posters are certain about him and refuse to see anything outside of their pre-judged (prejudiced) opinion. If you say the same thing long enough and loud enough, it makes it true, right?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n99027 said:
It's hard to accept because it doesn't vilify Muschamp. Some posters are certain about him and refuse to see anything outside of their pre-judged (prejudiced) opinion. If you say the same thing long enough and loud enough, it makes it true, right?

I am a billionaire. I am a billionaire. I AM a billionAIRE! I AM A BILLIONAIRE! IIIII AMMMMMM AAAAAAAAA BILLLIIIOONNNNAAAIIIIRRRREEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope. Didn't work. :weep:

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Its not about Georgia, its about real improvement. Unless this team plans on implementing the triple option, they will have to throw at some point in the future.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n99027 said:
Some posters are certain about him and refuse to see anything outside of their pre-judged (prejudiced) opinion.
That goes both ways. I know what I've seen on the field for a number of years now. My eyeballs do not lie to me. No one woke up one morning and decided to stop supporting Muschamp for no reason. Coaches have support until they perform poorly, either over time or all at once, that loses them that support. Getting the support back after losing it is nearly impossible and rarely happens.

For example, right or wrong most of the UGA fan base doesn't like Mark Richt - he lost their support years ago. So any time the team falters, they absolutely unload on him and demand his firing. This has been going on for a good ten years now. Realistically the ONLY way for Mark Richt to get it back is to win the National Championship, something that will never happen. Do you want to be in their shoes, stuck with a mediocre coach you have no real faith in for over a decade?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
kepler;n99037 said:
Its not about Georgia, its about real improvement. Unless this team plans on implementing the triple option, they will have to throw at some point in the future.

And we'll see how that plays out. UGA was weak on the run and couldn't set an edge at all. When they actually did, it seemed that the OLine was getting off the ball and pushing UGA around.

All of that aside, someone will commit to stop the run and actually have success. Treon has proved that he can throw the ball, but the sample size is obviously not large enough for most, myself included. But I don't think the passing game will be a detriment like it was under Driskel, but there is sure to be some lumps in the learning curve.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Realistically the ONLY way for Mark Richt to get it back is to win the National Championship, something that will never happen. Do you want to be in their shoes, stuck with a mediocre coach you have no real faith in for over a decade?
I am not certain Richt will never win the title and my question is Do you have to win the national title to not be considered mediocre. I mean how many coaches never win that mythical award? Richt is not that bad of a coach, his problem had been the league he plays in. For years it was UF and or UT and then the bamas and to overcome for that national title shot. He could still be damned good and never scale that mountain.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Georgia fans I'm sure appreciate the consistency, but they rightly are frustrated with the lack of SEC titles under Richt's tenure. We on the other hand have been a disaster for two plus years now. Muschamp failed. The crime in it all is not him failing, its the fans demanding accountability it seems.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n99053 said:
I am not certain Richt will never win the title and my question is Do you have to win the national title to not be considered mediocre. I mean how many coaches never win that mythical award? Richt is not that bad of a coach, his problem had been the league he plays in. For years it was UF and or UT and then the bamas and to overcome for that national title shot. He could still be damned good and never scale that mountain.

His lack of SEC titles are probably more of an issue than the lack of National Titles.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n99030 said:
I am a billionaire. I am a billionaire. I AM a billionAIRE! I AM A BILLIONAIRE! IIIII AMMMMMM AAAAAAAAA BILLLIIIOONNNNAAAIIIIRRRREEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope. Didn't work. :weep:

At the risk of piling on, just spoke with a handful of Alabama boosters. They've decided not to pay off your debt. Sorry.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n99053 said:

I agree with you that Mark Richt is far from mediocre. However I think what he was trying to say is that he is not an elite coach. Only certain coaches are capable of taking a program to the peak of college football. I just don't think Richt has it. But hey, he may prove us all wrong and back into a title one day like his SEC titles but it isn't very likely with the playoff now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When you are at a school like Ugly and you have 6 cupcake wins on the schedule, going 3-3 in the games that matter is most certainly mediocre. And Richt has been very mediocre for a long, long time.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n99027 said:

pre judged? We've been watching for 4 years. There's nothing prejudiced about it.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n99096 said:
At the risk of piling on, just spoke with a handful of Alabama boosters. They've decided not to pay off your debt. Sorry.

otks.gif

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n99221 said:
pre judged? We've been watching for 4 years. There's nothing prejudiced about it.

Take what he said in context with the posts he was quoting. This is about saying it was the game plan for the UGA game to run 60 times which automatically means that's our game plan going forward. The first is not true, the second has yet to be proven because we haven't played again.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n99224 said:
This is about saying it was the game plan for the UGA game to run 60 times which automatically means that's our game plan going forward.
You don't think that from the fact that our game plan during the last 44 games has been to run the ball 60 times or as much as possible isn't some indication of what our game plan is going forward?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n99251 said:
You don't think that from the fact that our game plan during the last 44 games has been to run the ball 60 times or as much as possible isn't some indication of what our game plan is going forward?

EMU:
Rushing attempts - 39
Passing attempts - 47

UK:
Rush - 50
Pass - 44

Bama:
Rush - 27
Pass - 28

UT:
Rush - 48
Pass - 27

LSU:
Rush - 32
Pass - 25

Mizzou:
Rush - 48
Pass - 31

UGA:
Rush - 60
Pass - 6

Best game we've played all year against a team with a pulse was the only one with that type of extreme pass:run ratio. Maybe that's what we do best?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n99251 said:

Have we run the ball 60 times in each of our previous games? Are we run first, yes. Do I think that means we run 60+ times and pass 6 times every game now, no. And I'll think that until I see it again. I think we realized UGA wasn't going to be able to stop us Saturday and we ran it down their throats because we could. But at the same time, I think our running backs are much better than our QB so why not run as much as we can? If our O-Line can block and we can run...then run. If our O-Line can't pass block and our QB can't hit a receiver, I don't want to see the attempt and suckage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.