It's time to move on

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I think we all respect and like Billy.

He’s a coach’s son, and he dutifully cared for his dad during his terminal illness. Seems to work his butt off in an honorable fashion. He’s even got the cheapest AD to open the wallet, so we aren’t putting players in “section 8 housing”. Recruiting is the best we’ve seen in some time. He’s doing everything right, and I’m rooting for him more than Mac, Muschamp, Mullen and even Meyer

but……

He’s an AWFUL Gameday coach. He appears to do everything right except for a few plays every week. They aren’t just small errors, they are monstrous brain farts (two players with same number, snap ball between QB legs, the double reverse after safety, etc). These aren’t just mistakes; they are abject failures.

Everything is awesome with Billy for the entire year, except for 5 minutes each Saturday when he shoots me in my top hat while I’m trying to enjoy the theater.

Can he fix it (Give up play calling, Special teams coach, etc) or is there too much hubris in this staff?

I really believe he’s a winner, if he can just stop making errors when it matters most. Unfortunately, I don’t believe his cerebral flatulence will end.
Dumbest ****ing post in the history of the internet.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I wish people would stop saying Urban. That ship has sailed -100% chance

Ohio State Football GIF

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Seriously, y’all don’t think he’s doing things right behind the scenes?

Crootin’ is good, we have way better facilities, he’s a good person (as far as I can tell). He just sucks at being a game day coach. I’ll concede, he sucks calling most of the game and not just a few plays.

But if he can just let someone else take control and get it fixed, he’s got potential.

Unfortunately, I think he’s too stubborn and will fail.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Crootin’ is good, we have way better facilities, he’s a good person (as far as I can tell). He just sucks at being a game day coach. I’ll concede, he sucks calling most of the game and not just a few plays.

But if he can just let someone else take control and get it fixed, he’s got potential.

If you own a business and are looking to hire, let me know. I'd love to work for a guy with your high standards!

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I posted it in the chat, but we need to fire Stricklin ASAP. He shouldn't be AD on Monday. The new AD should then get to decide Billy's fate and find his replacement when it is time to part ways. If we let Stricklin hire another HC, we're going to get another clown.

I don't think Billy is the answer, but I don't think now is the time to fire him. We need the talent he's bringing in for the next guy. So if I was the new AD, he stays for next season unless one of the following happens:

1. He refuses to bring in a new OC and hand off play calling duties. The OC needs to be a splash hire and someone the new AD likes as well.
2. He loses the recruiting class. This is defined as losing either Lagway or 5+ other players with 4* or more.
3. He needs to get enough guys out of the portal to effect a complete turnaround next year. No more mulligans, no more weak units.

Next year, he needs to stay above .500 at all times and end the season 8-4 or better. If either of those doesn't happen, he's fired. I think the odds are low, so now is the time to have some back room conversations with boosters and get funding lined up for his buyout and the new hire. Pull some money from the "make the swamp smaller and worse fund", too.

If he manages to survive next year, the benchmark the year after is 10 wins and a playoff berth. It stays there after that; that's the standard we hired him for. There's no reason we should ever settle for less than that consistently with the resources and location we have.

I have no illusions any of the above will happen. The likely outcome is he's fired after Georgia next year with a losing record and Stricklin, still AD, picks another crappy unproven coach and pays like we're poaching from a blue chip.
Dude, past performance is the best predictor of future performance, no way he should get next year.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018

Maybe you should lead with your last sentences.

Zodiac

Jul 19, 2016
99 percent of our yards on offense are gained behind the line of scrimmage. These are the "hidden" yards that the stat gurus, experts, talking heads and fans aren't accounting for. In Napier's stat sheet and what they'll discuss all week in meetings as they strategize for next season is how we had over 1000 yards of offense tonight and still everyone is complaining.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yall MFers keep yapping about losing the recruiting class?????? For what?? Why do yall hate these kids so bad to **** up their career by playing for this **** stain??

Yall don't get it. Napier would coach the KC Chiefs to a double digit loss to Vanderbilt. Recruiting won't fix this. Hiring an OC won't fix this. ST coordinator won't fix this. New LB coach won't fix this.

FIRING THIS COCKSUCKER WILL FIX THIS.
I’ve been saying this for over a year and was ridiculed by dozens . Many of Which don’t care or won’t acknowledge that reality. In fact I’ve been asked about my sanity before
. The guy was a loser from the get go and unfortunately many shelved out abuse in defense of Billy for no reason .

I watched the game tonight with a FSU friend of mine tonight and he was livid throughout the game. I knew when it was 12-7 st half we were toast because we have a pussy coach .
Fire Billy Bob and cut the head off the snake

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Folks what we have seen over the last 2 years is not correctable. It has been consistently repeated week in and week out. I'd like to believe that overhauling 2-4 of the asst coach's and bringing in an OC would make us contenders but in reality, it would make us maybe a step up from where we are now....like from suckage to mediocre at best. I'm not really interested in that.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I’ve been saying this for over a year and was ridiculed by dozens . Many of Which don’t care or won’t acknowledge that reality. In fact I’ve been asked about my sanity before
. The guy was a loser from the get go and unfortunately many shelved out abuse in defense of Billy for no reason .

I watched the game tonight with a FSU friend of mine tonight and he was livid throughout the game. I knew when it was 12-7 st half we were toast because we have a pussy coach .
Fire Billy Bob and cut the head off the snake
And the only real reason he can recruit here is, The University of Florida has a lot to sell.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.