It's time to move on

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
As a coach:

Bell became the head football coach at Western Carolina in 2021. The Catamounts had not won more than three games for several seasons until Bell led them to their first winning record in six years in 2022 and 2023.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've been paying attention to Arizona the last two months, because they have been clobbering everyone. They lost to USC and Washington by a total of 9 points. They beat 4 ranked teams in 5 weeks. Their QB threw for over 500 yards yesterday. I had no idea that the coach was a UF alum.

He took over an enormous (and winless) dumpster fire from Kevin Sumlin in 2020 and turned them completely around by year 3. Twelfth in the nation this year in passing (304 ypg).

Avenger48c

No Longer Cautiously Optimistic
Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2019
As a coach:

Bell became the head football coach at Western Carolina in 2021. The Catamounts had not won more than three games for several seasons until Bell led them to their first winning record in six years in 2022 and 2023.
I like Kerwin as much as the next guy, but 7-4 at an FCS school is far, far below the level we should be looking to hire.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I've been paying attention to Arizona the last two months, because they have been clobbering everyone. They lost to USC and Washington by a total of 9 points. They beat 4 ranked teams in 5 weeks. Their QB threw for over 500 yards yesterday. I had no idea that the coach was a UF alum.

He took over an enormous (and winless) dumpster fire from Kevin Sumlin in 2020 and turned them completely around by year 3. Twelfth in the nation this year in passing (304 ypg).

Just wait to you see what Napier does in year 3.:bwahaha:

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Too bad all the schools can’t get together and say FU to agents and crazy contracts.
but they won’t because they’re scared and want nice things.

Imagine a world where folks take 10 mil a year and a year to year contract. Unthinkable

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Too bad all the schools can’t get together and say FU to agents and crazy contracts.
but they won’t because they’re scared and want nice things.

Imagine a world where folks take 10 mil a year and a year to year contract. Unthinkable

Yeah, I think breaking antitrust laws is something colleges want to avoid.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Pray for a new coach.
Dear Lord, sweet, Baby Jesus, for so long you have shined your Light on the Florida Gators. Lately, I see what you have done for others (i.e. Bama in the Iron Bowl - holy cow!- UGA going for a three-peat, Nulls). Have The forsaken us? Does the sun not shine on the Gators no more? If it is thy infinite will to strike down our coach in order to smite our enemies, we beseech you. Hear us, dear sweet Baby Jesus, our laments and sufferings, and forgive us our sins of arrogance and Aaron Hernandez. Bring us back to the Glory days of Saint Tim Tebow and the weekly Bible-Study BBQ's at Urban's house. For thine is the power and glory, forever and ever. AMEN.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I like Kerwin as much as the next guy, but 7-4 at an FCS school is far, far below the level we should be looking to hire.
Agreed on the higher expectations part but did you see where that team had 6 yrs of 3 win seasons prior to his arrival? So, imagine the talent level he's working with. Imagine the head cases and apathy he was working with.
And did you see where he won conference and division titles?
And won a National Championship?
So, if we're going to cherry pick key points then let's do so equally, pro and con.
Another positive...did you see the scores to some of his games? His offense is prolific.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We don't need a guy named Fish, or Bell or some other guy who the moon and stars lined up for a year and will be outta a job by 2026 like the west coast guys mentioned in here.....ONE CALL...AND YOU DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER....

Ohio State Football GIF

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed on the higher expectations part but did you see where that team had 6 yrs of 3 win seasons prior to his arrival? So, imagine the talent level he's working with. Imagine the head cases and apathy he was working with.
And did you see where he won conference and division titles?
And won a National Championship?
So, if we're going to cherry pick key points then let's do so equally, pro and con.
Another positive...did you see the scores to some of his games? His offense is prolific.
He understands UF, and the importance of beating UGA and FSU, not complementing them constantly and not being upset whatsoever losing to them.

Kerwin is up for renewal at WCU. The plan all along was for his son Cade to take over as HC at some point and for Kerwin to pursue a higher tier job. Whether that takes place or not after WCU collapsed down the stretch this season and missed this playoffs when they were ranked not just a month ago remains to be seen.

Virtually anyone would be an upgrade over Billy Taggart at this point.

Last edited:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
We don't need a guy named Fish, or Bell or some other guy who the moon and stars lined up for a year and will be outta a job by 2026 like the west coast guys mentioned in here.....ONE CALL...AND YOU DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER....

Ohio State Football GIF
Urbine ain't coming to UF. He makes far too much money for doing next to nothing already. And he knows his mind fuchsing ways won't work on college players anymore as he's left to practice them on his wife as he attempts to get her to misremember seeing that hot blonde grind on his crotch.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
For the dwindling amount of Napier nutswingers out there, the excuse continues to be that Mullen left us with no talent. I'm certainly no Mullen apologist and will freely admit that this was a big issue. The problem I have with that is that we could have (should have) beaten a terrible Arkansas team, played #13 LSU much closer than expected in their house, should have beaten #9 Missouri in their house, and arguably should have beaten #4 FSU in the Swamp. You could also make a case Utah was a winnable game. And yet they are all L's. So either we have enough talent to hang with demonstrably better programs, or, we have the best coaching staff in the world that puts us in a position to be in games we have no business being in by virtue of their coaching ability. Not even the biggest Napier nutswingers out there will argue the latter is case, so then we must have more talent than they are given credit for. And before anybody jumps me, I'm not arguing we have championship caliber talent, but we have 7-5 or 8-4 level talent. And yet here we are, 5-7.

I don't understand how anybody could take an objective look at this program and not come to the conclusion that the problem is the head coach.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Napier has probably been told he’s got to make changes, which he’ll do. Fire a few coaches, hire a few new ones, etc.
It won’t matter. He’s proven he doesn’t have the coaching acumen for this job. We’re just wasting time at this point but it’s what we do at UF. We’d rather be embarrassed by our football team than by firing a coach this soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator