Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yo Mama GIF by Max

Give a take. Don't suck.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
And yet we keep hiring duds from the Saban tree.
Yep. We hire guys Saban would not rehire. I did not know Napier was considered a poor OC at Clemson until the tweet(?) about his performance was posted. But I was not responsible for vetting the guy. Stricklin must have known, or should have. We got exactly what was known already. That's on Stricklin.

January 2011 B/R article on Clemson firing Napier: "His lack of success in 2010 was due to his predictability on offense. The play calling was conservative, and his offenses failed to develop any kind of identity at any point during the season."​

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Yep. We hire guys Saban would not rehire. I did not know Napier was considered a poor OC at Clemson until the tweet(?) about his performance was posted. But I was not responsible for vetting the guy. Stricklin must have known, or should have. We got exactly what was known already. That's on Stricklin.

January 2011 B/R article on Clemson firing Napier: "His lack of success in 2010 was due to his predictability on offense. The play calling was conservative, and his offenses failed to develop any kind of identity at any point during the season."​

Not much has changed in 12 years.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

Good Idea What GIF by Alpha

Guess that worked out well for Dabo.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

SSDD 13 years later. What is that definition of Insanity thing?

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Muschamp tried to hire him as our OC but Napier went to AZ state instead.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

There were a few on this board who mentioned his offense as being a reason not to hire him a couple of years ago.......

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Re coaching changes: I don't believe Napier wants to get rid of his staff, perhaps no matter what. He's a nice guy, loyal. As well, I don't believe he has the coaching relationships that a Saban does. To get great coaches, he would basically be cold calling guys he doesn't yet know. Add to that, that a great position coach, who would surely interview Napier, and vet by watching his post game press videos, would probably think he doesn't want to work for a guy that is less capable than himself. Would you want to coach under Napier?
I fully expect the OC to be Russ Callaway, giving the fans the OC we have been clamoring for for 2 years.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Well despite the "deep into negotiations with Fisch" at Arizona for a hefty contract extension I'm all in for him. He's cocky, agreesive on offense, a coaching career forged in offense and mentored by Spurrier. I'm already all in. On October 26th of 2024 5 minutes after UGA humiliates an outcoached Napier after losses to UK, LSU, Ole Miss, TAMU, Tenn, & Texas he'll be handed his ass and unceremoniously fired (and if Ihad my way it would be with extreme prejudice) I'll be hoping against hope we seriously look at Fisch. @oxrageous opined that the coming off season was gloomy with nothing to look forward to but misery. Not for me. I get to follow whether or not CBN makes changes he HAS to make: get an experienced OC, special teams coach, somehow score on experience players from to portal for the OL, safties, keep his recruiting class intact and last but not lease talk Graham Mertz into staying. I was delightfully wrong about Mertz and I'm hoping he comes back to work with DJ Lagway if he stays with us. We can watch and see if Napier turns over game day duties to an experience OC, DC and Special teams coach and get us 7+ wins. If not the die will be cast and he will have his professional head handed to him which will be followed by me having a drinking binge not seen since I got my accpetance letter to UF. There is always an optimism one has after your school moves on from a clueless incompetent and searches for someone that will lead us back to the promised land. So I'm good heading into the off season and filled with the optimism of a win/win outcome. I will NEVER pull for our guys to lose a game, EVER. But I will be watching and hoping we have a turn around though the odds are against us (to paraphrase Dumb and Dumber's "you mean I STILL have a chance with a million to one shot?). Once that happens and the euphoria fades from Slingblades banishment we get to be excited with what could be with a new hire. So let's go and onto the Orange and Blue game for our answers on whether Sunbelt Billy has made his changes....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.