It's time to officially fire up the head coaching search. Who you got?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Human nature. You eventually realize your deficiencies and fix it. He’s a smart dude. He knows he’s gone if he can’t recruit better.
Have you never watched HCs? They never see their weaknesses. At least, only the greatest ones do. That’s what separates Meyer, Saban, and Dabo from the rest. That and financial backing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Human nature. You eventually realize your deficiencies and fix it. He’s a smart dude. He knows he’s gone if he can’t re riot better.
Yeah... that's exactly the opposite of what Ive seen.

Has Chimp decided you need to score points to win? He's still pimping TOP and saying we did all the things we needed to do to win the game but just didn't overcome the adversity with evey loss.

Did Zook fix his deficiencies in being a gameday coach?

Show me what Mullinz has done to fix recruiting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Have you never watched HCs? They never see their weaknesses. At least, only the greatest ones do. That’s what separates Meyer, Saban, and Dabo from the rest. That and financial backing.
you said that so much better than I did.

Atlgator98

Nov 2, 2019
Yeah... that's exactly the opposite of what Ive seen.

Has Chimp decided you need to score points to win? He's still pimping TOP and saying we did all the things we needed to do to win the game but just didn't overcome the adversity with evey loss.

Did Zook fix his deficiencies in being a gameday coach?

Show me what Mullinz has done to fix recruiting.
It’s Mullen dude. Yeah, he’s smarter than Chimp, Butters and Zook. If you were him, would u realize your shortcomings.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think firing the head coach in his 2nd season is a bit extreme, but I will admit I thought we were going into this game with a coaching advantage. Boy was I proven wrong. That might've been one of the most poorly coached games I've witnessed. Maybe ever. There were some good calls at the right times, but there were so many WTF calls we couldn't get out of our own way. Refs were terrible in the first half. Cost us points. More points than I even want to think about when you consider they took a 1st down away from us, then gave UGA 2 first downs on incomplete passes, and missed a PI on Copeland in the endzone (dude had Cope's arm in and arm lock so he couldn't raise his hand to catch the ball) that might've been 7 for us. But we still could've overcome those if only our Offensive coaching staff hadn't set Trask up for failure time after time. If he wasn't such a great QB, we'd have lost 4000 to 3.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s Mullen dude. Yeah, he’s smarter than Chimp, Butters and Zook. If you were him, would u realize your shortcomings.
:lmao2: Is that what you thought while you watched Leak and Trash run the option repeatedly?

I would realize the shortcomings and try to hire elite assistant coaches. He has done none of that and in fact fired the one elite recruiter we had (Seider).

He also claims that he and his staff are good recruiters. That shows zero self awareness.

Again, what evidence supports your claim that he is aware and going to fix it?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The alcohol is finally setting in. I’m sharpening my pitchforks now. I’ll join in a few more beers.
Im not pitchforking.

This is exactly what I expected. He is what his resume says he is.

Everyone is.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
First time caller, long time listener. Ox- I joined your fu#%in site because of this thread. It pisses me off when emotional mental midgets like you toss out “let’s fire the coach” after a tough loss. You’re delusional if you don’t think Mullen (spell his name correctly you fu#%s) isn’t the right man for this job. Grantham, he sucked today. We can do better. But we got beat because of a talent deficiency and lack of depth. If recruiting doesn’t improve, Mullen won’t last. But he’s done a damn good job to date and it pisses me when a-hole fans like you publicly blast the guy who’s single-handedly pulled us out of the lost decade. Get some damn perspective. And ban me if u want. I expect this to be my one and only post.
:burn:

Atlgator98

Nov 2, 2019
:lmao2: Is that what you thought while you watched Leak and Trash run the option repeatedly?

I would realize the shortcomings and try to hire elite assistant coaches. He has done none of that and in fact fired the one elite recruiter we had (Seider).

He also claims that he and his staff are good recruiters. That shows zero self awareness.

Again, what evidence supports your claim that he is aware and going to fix it?
Fair question. Cautious optimism. No doubt he’s building a better program than the last two. It will sink in. Soon.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Facility excuses or not, if Mullen can't pull in a Top 10 class with our two in state rivals being in complete disarray, he never will, and you then seriously start looking at possible options in two years.
Or hire a recruiting gunner.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Im not pitchforking.

This is exactly what I expected. He is what his resume says he is.

Everyone is.
Meh. He’ll outperform his MSU time. Already is. Recruiting is a 1/2 star better and he’s equaling his best seasons with a less than ideal situation. Truly believe this is his base. He stays around 9 wins with the level of talent he’s pulling and has inherited. Starts recruiting better and moves on from the flea bag, might relieve higher potential.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I think firing the head coach in his 2nd season is a bit extreme, but I will admit I thought we were going into this game with a coaching advantage. Boy was I proven wrong. That might've been one of the most poorly coached games I've witnessed. Maybe ever. There were some good calls at the right times, but there were so many WTF calls we couldn't get out of our own way. Refs were terrible in the first half. Cost us points. More points than I even want to think about when you consider they took a 1st down away from us, then gave UGA 2 first downs on incomplete passes, and missed a PI on Copeland in the endzone (dude had Cope's arm in and arm lock so he couldn't raise his hand to catch the ball) that might've been 7 for us. But we still could've overcome those if only our Offensive coaching staff hadn't set Trask up for failure time after time. If he wasn't such a great QB, we'd have lost 4000 to 3.

I like your posts and I am asking in all seriousness, I only remember one incomplete pass that they ruled a completion. Yes a bad call but you can't control that. Their RB #35 made a sensational catch if that is the other one? As far as them "taking" a 1st down from us, the replay showed that Perine was a bit short so they corrected it? Isn't that what you want, the calls to be correct? I thought the officiating was about as decent as can be hoped for in this day ecxept for the missed overturn on that no catch by UGA's #15. I am sure UGA is lamenting a holding call and/or a PI call is well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fair question. Cautious optimism. No doubt he’s building a better program than the last two. It will sink in. Soon.
Hang out, dude.

You will like it here.

Bring your sarcasm and big boy pants though. Sports bar atmosphere they say. And we are all drunk by now.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We won’t win anything as long as Grantham and English are roaming the sidelines. Add to that the mediocre recruiting staff we have, and this is what we can expect.

Oh, and Mullen’s playcalling/decisions today were absolutely atrocious. He’s had a lot of questionable decisions this year where I can’t fathom what he’s thinking, like any time he tries a QB power with Trask.

Fix this, Dan!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think firing the head coach in his 2nd season is a bit extreme, but I will admit I thought we were going into this game with a coaching advantage. Boy was I proven wrong. T
No, Mullinz is better than Shart or Ogre (or whomever coaches Mizzu) but when your Xs cant stop their Os, it just doesn't matter.

Zook won some games too despite how dumb he was.

Less Miles.

It happens. We need talent.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Dan bringing in Jones on 2nd and 10 after Trask rolled us down the field us unbelievably stupid. Everyone in the world knew what was coming, just didn’t know which side. Problem with that - WE NEEDED 10 YARDS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.