Jaden Rashada joins powerhouse Arizona State; named starting QB as true freshman

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
If y’all would have just donated the $5/month to the collective, none of this would be a problem smh

:lol:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
... napier was right afterall, this kid is a saint, his family is amazing, hes extremely mature and a class act both as a leader and team mate. trust the process, have faith, it takes 3-4 years to build a program, hes got to get his guys, there's still a lot of cancer in the locker room, we still lag in facilities, the fans are too negative, not enough money in the university system, and he needs a bigger support staff and more on field coaches to be able to handle all aspects of the game sufficiently. can't wait to see rashada's first snap against the 2 time pac 12 champs!

:pumper:
Nailed the heart of the problem right there.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Yet, you can bet they'll find a way to put us on three years probation and take away 10 schollies.
Lol. I'll believe it when I see it, but not out of the realm. Lots of others doing far worse than us hiring a drunk who's rumored to have taken some kickback from Miami to run our Collective and provide them with insider info. Also feels like someone from On3 has it out for us considering the bullseye they seem to have painted on us with their reporting. There are guys from big time news teams from big networks saying on Twitter that the number floated in these rumors is comical and that there isn't a single college player getting deals this big.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
This is both on On3 and 247 right now.

View attachment 53484

“Violations?” The ncaa has done nothing to regulate nil, not sure what rules they have to base any allegations?

Cop - do you know why I pulled you over?
Me - no.
Cop - me neither, but I don’t like this situation, so here’s your citation. Have a nice day.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Would be about as Florida as possible to lose this kid AND get hit with a violation.

defies matthew GIF

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
If Rashada has a valid contract that has been violated he has cause to file a suit against the entity signing the contract. Since there are no NCAA rules regarding NIL there will be no violations or penalties. I do not believe any entity (even one representing UF) could have been stupid enough to sign a contract guaranteeing $13M to an unproven high school student.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
Dumb question..if Rashada doesn’t enroll here by end of day, could he still enroll early elsewhere, like say UW, next week or later?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
If Rashada has a valid contract that has been violated he has cause to file a suit against the entity signing the contract. Since there are no NCAA rules regarding NIL there will be no violations or penalties. I do not believe any entity (even one representing UF) could have been stupid enough to sign a contract guaranteeing $13M to an unproven high school student.
Never ever "misunderestimate" the STOOPIDITY that the Univ. of Florida is capable of within the sports arena. Way too many examples to cite.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Dumb question..if Rashada doesn’t enroll here by end of day, could he still enroll early elsewhere, like say UW, next week or later?
Enrollment deadlines aren't universal, each college sets its own. We are also talking about early enrollment.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Considering the Pate video and the other info continuing to swirl, this is either the largest conspiracy against UF imaginable, which is extremely doubtful (as much as any fan would want it to be true), or quite possibly a f’up of epic proportions where administration and regulation of NIL is concerned that has the potential do damage to the team and the school that will be difficult to quickly overcome. The term “Clown Show” gets thrown around pretty easily these days, but if this situation is verified, I think we’ll see the new Webster’s definition. I hope it’s not as bad as it looks or there’s a fix available, but I have some doubts.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Considering the Pate video and the other info continuing to swirl, this is either the largest conspiracy against UF imaginable, which is extremely doubtful (as much as any fan would want it to be true), or quite possibly a f’up of epic proportions where administration and regulation of NIL is concerned that has the potential do damage to the team and the school that will be difficult to quickly overcome. The term “Clown Show” gets thrown around pretty easily these days, but if this situation is verified, I think we’ll see the new Webster’s definition. I hope it’s not as bad as it looks or there’s a fix available, but I have some doubts.
Right. We are left to believe that the Collective(?) might have made a deal that our HC wasn't aware of or didn't sign off on or wasn't aware of and now our collective cannot pay? All speculation on my part but isn't that the closest scenario we can understand from the information available? What basis would the Gator collective or whomever devises these agreements have to offer $13 million? Nothing makes sense. Why would any team agree to pay an unproven talent millions more than a decent college QB would be paid in the NFL? There are few QBs making that kind of money. Someone used Trask, a successful college QB being paid less than $2 million a season, as an example. Where did our collective get those numbers, from something offered by miami? But is it really reasonable to believe miami offered that much? I don't think so but who knows at this point. Feels like amateur hour.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It’s a new recruiting strategy. Offer up NIL contracts for a bajillion dollars and then send a letter after they’ve signed their LOI saying “oopsy…had an error with a few decimal points!”. :lol:

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Regarding NCAA penalties.
Hell, What’s to stop any University from adding another 20 players all under a “scholarship” paid for by the collective?

Sure, the limit is 85.
Technically, all these other players wouldn’t count against the 85 because they’re private scholly’s.
They’re all walk ons.

So in conclusion.
F the NCAA, their rules and their arbitrary limits.

It’s a free for all.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Regarding NCAA penalties.
Hell, What’s to stop any University from adding another 20 players all under a “scholarship” paid for by the collective?

Sure, the limit is 85.
Technically, all these other players wouldn’t count against the 85 because they’re private scholly’s.
They’re all walk ons.

So in conclusion.
F the NCAA, their rules and their arbitrary limits.

It’s a free for all.
It is.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing makes sense.

I have crunched the numbers. I have run the models. We have 2 choices that may work-

1.) Old fashioned slump buster-
We, as a group, as Gator fans, are in a multi year slump. Only a genuine slump buster can cure this.
2.) Blood Sacrifice-
We have obviously been cursed. Its time to end it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.