Jaden Rashada joins powerhouse Arizona State; named starting QB as true freshman

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They can get him in classes Tuesday if they really wanted to. Universities make exceptions to their add/drop deadline all the time. Hopefully it gets worked out by then. If not, then the football program will look bad for a little while, but it'll be forgotten when something similar happens to the next school.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
T-minus 5 hours and 9 minutes until we are freed from this saga and full court press for a better QB who spent a year under Kelly

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T-minus 5 hours and 9 minutes until we are freed from this saga and full court press for a better QB who spent a year under Kelly
You think we're getting him?
laughter laughing GIF

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I seriously doubt the deal was $13Mil. That's just silly talk. Maybe $1.3Mil. A lot of you bitching and moaning about Gator Collective need to look in the mirror, though. The Gator Collective is and probably will always be funded by the average fan. If the Collective doesn't have the money then, well, you've either been part of the problem or part of the solution. One thing is for sure the Collective always expected that rabid UF fans yearning for the talent to compete would pony up their share. They (you) haven't. Out of half a million Alumni, only 2700 (probably less now) contribute.
Think of the Collective as base pay for the athlete. It assures that even lowly linemen get lunch money. However, since the Collective fans haven't opened their wallets the Collective has come up short and had to ask the Guard (or boosters) for the $$. The Gator Guard is supposedly only there to land big-time recruits.
I don't blame Rojas although from the beginning I said that he wasn't the man for the job. He was just a fan. I give him credit for at least having the enthusiasm to get the thing started. But there's no reason to expect that he had the background to run an organization as important as the Collective. It looked unpolished and unprofessional from the start.
I'm willing to bet that Georgia, UM, ATM et. al. have paid staff, hired for their resumes not because they simply volunteered. I'm sure those Universities work closely with their NIL partners. Unlike UF (and clubs) who have actively blocked and handcuffed the Gator Collective. Once again we have the UF administration to blame.
I stopped buying season tickets after 2012 which meant I also stopped being a booster. It always bothered me that my per-seat contribution was going to build **** like the baseball stadium. At least now when I give that same money to the Collective my money will go to football.

The bottom line is that I'm a fan until I'm not. And as long as I have hope I'll put my money where my mouth is or I'll shut up. I'm afraid that day is coming soon though. College football is a talent acquisition business someone famously said. I don't see the UF admin ever buying in. And I don't see Bull Gators falling over themselves to buy in. Not that I blame them either of them when the fckin fan base hasn't even bought in.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Not really.....this is just for early enrollees!

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Regarding NCAA penalties.
Hell, What’s to stop any University from adding another 20 players all under a “scholarship” paid for by the collective?

Sure, the limit is 85.
Technically, all these other players wouldn’t count against the 85 because they’re private scholly’s.
They’re all walk ons.

So in conclusion.
F the NCAA, their rules and their arbitrary limits.

It’s a free for all.
We had a bunch of bar tenders that would not clock in or clock out way earlier.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not a bad listen I came across this am from 365. At least it's on from the On3, or should I say Off3. But Edgar does go into some of the details and a bit into the Rashada's. Also when he can still enroll. But also got a sense from him does UF really want this as he called a bit of "diva". A lot we already know of a situation that we don't know a lot of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.