Jaden Rashada joins powerhouse Arizona State; named starting QB as true freshman

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
We get Walker Howard as a replacement yet?
Good question because at this point most of us would take that trade with the drama and uncertainty. But Rashada signed an LOI with UF so I don't see how our staff could be in serious contact with Walker unless the Rashada camp is talking to other schools first, or otherwise conducting themselves in a way that makes it unlikely that we can honor an agreement.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
It seems this has been decided and each side is waiting for the other to blink.
If we publicly walk away they bring a lawsuit if they walk away first we move on. We sent the letter on Dec. 7 saying we aren't honoring it and the school hasn't said a word since.
I do find it strange that this kid hasn't moved the needle one bit with a single recruit. When he decommited none cared and when he came back no one jumped for joy.
He just seems to have different priorities than the rest of the class.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
My mistake, I assumed you were talking about Mertz considering he is the likely starter. And he will be at best a game manager here after he failed as a game manager in the Big 10. Of course he wasn't very good at managing games. That's why he failed and was invited to leave.

At this point our QB room is a disaster so I'm thinking we might as well start the preferred walk-on while we wait for Lagway and hope he maintains his commitment.
Yeah, I was referring to any solid game manager, whether that's someone on the roster (doubtful), or someone Billy better bring in soon. I can't evaluate/predict the next big playmaker. At all.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Good question because at this point most of us would take that trade with the drama and uncertainty. But Rashada signed an LOI with UF so I don't see how our staff could be in serious contact with Walker unless the Rashada camp is talking to other schools first, or otherwise conducting themselves in a way that makes it unlikely that we can honor an agreement.
We can sign however many qbs we can get. Nothing says we can't take them both.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
We can sign however many qbs we can get. Nothing says we can't take them both.
I guess that’s true. I trust that the staff is handling it as well as we would expect. Unfortunate situation. The time it’s taking to resolve this is what leaves us all wondering how big a snag that developed over this.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
It seems this has been decided and each side is waiting for the other to blink.
If we publicly walk away they bring a lawsuit if they walk away first we move on. We sent the letter on Dec. 7 saying we aren't honoring it and the school hasn't said a word since.
I do find it strange that this kid hasn't moved the needle one bit with a single recruit. When he decommited none cared and when he came back no one jumped for joy.
He just seems to have different priorities than the rest of the class.
Who sent what letter? The university or the collective? Not honoring what? And also how do you know this?

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Who sent what letter? The university or the collective? Not honoring what? And also how do you know this?
The Athletic published an entire timeline…. And they also said $13MM which makes it seem suspect

The collective sent the letter

And they have the NIL agreement having been signed by Eddie Rojas only on the collective side

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The Athletic published an entire timeline…. And they also said $13MM which makes it seem suspect

And they have the NIL agreement having been signed by Eddie Rojas only on the collective side

Rojas strikes again?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

"..hey, baby, there ain't no easy way out..."

Where we are.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014

Mike Farrell wrote an article today on Rashada and McClain basically saying both players agreed and at the last moment demanded more. I honestly don’t think anyone knows.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
Mike Farrell wrote an article today on Rashada and McClain basically saying both players agreed and at the last moment demanded more. I honestly don’t think anyone knows.

Mind of Mike: Jaden Rashada, Cormani McClain, and NIL Demands - Mike Farrell Sports

So I’ve been told Florida and 2023 QB Jaden Rashada have parted ways as they came to an impasse when it comes to NIL money. Now of course all this could change. And as of right now 2023 CB Cormani McClain is in Boulder visiting Colorado and Deion Sanders after refusing to sign with Miami in the Early Signing Period due to NIL and other demands. And for Miami and Florida fans, say good luck and wish them well. You don’t want these guys

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Mind of Mike: Jaden Rashada, Cormani McClain, and NIL Demands - Mike Farrell Sports

So I’ve been told Florida and 2023 QB Jaden Rashada have parted ways as they came to an impasse when it comes to NIL money. Now of course all this could change. And as of right now 2023 CB Cormani McClain is in Boulder visiting Colorado and Deion Sanders after refusing to sign with Miami in the Early Signing Period due to NIL and other demands. And for Miami and Florida fans, say good luck and wish them well. You don’t want these guys
I hope he’s right and we kicked Rashads to the curb

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Stay away from Cali kids. Never works out for some reason
Sean Penn 80S GIF

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If it is like Farrell says, then good riddance. He and McClain can go play with Coach Slime for all I care. I am glad to see even that some are telling these kids to go pack sand. I had a feeling (again if true) the longer it took, the more UF was not at Fault.

One thing though. In this instance I know Napier will get some heat. But many of us on here have said kick this kids ass to the curb. Not upset with Napier on this at all. What's funny as heck is where will he go? More than likely won't get the astronomical NIL $$.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
If it is like Farrell says, then good riddance. He and McClain can go play with Coach Slime for all I care. I am glad to see even that some are telling these kids to go pack sand. I had a feeling (again if true) the longer it took, the more UF was not at Fault.

One thing though. In this instance I know Napier will get some heat. But many of us on here have said kick this kids ass to the curb. Not upset with Napier on this at all. What's funny as heck is where will he go? More than likely won't get the astronomical NIL $$.

Sharkfcvker & Central Michigan are offering $5,000, plus unlimited belly rubs & PBJ sandwiches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.