Jaden Rashada joins powerhouse Arizona State; named starting QB as true freshman

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
The guy thar runs our collective is an absolute idiot. Whoever the guy Eddie Rojas is needs to go. Dude is alcoholic and talks **** to recruits. I do not trust the collective one but until someone new gets put in charge. I have canceled my donations until further notice.

Just to clarify, Rojas stepped down over a month ago, and there are 2 NIL entities for UF, the Gator Guard and Gator Collective. The collective is small money, supporting all UF athletes with various opportunities to make a couple of bucks here and there. Think, soccer player making an appearance at a sporting goods store. The Gator Guard is the big money big booster NIL that is primarily focused on football. These are the folks that are supposed to be ponying up the millions to get guys like Rashada.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Just to clarify, Rojas stepped down over a month ago, and there are 2 NIL entities for UF, the Gator Guard and Gator Collective. The collective is small money, supporting all UF athletes with various opportunities to make a couple of bucks here and there. Think, soccer player making an appearance at a sporting goods store. The Gator Guard is the big money big booster NIL that is primarily focused on football. These are the folks that are supposed to be ponying up the millions to get guys like Rashada.
Eddie Rojas’ twitter bio still proclaims him as the CEO of Gator Collective…. For what that is worth. Who knows?

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
To add, it is my understanding that neither of these are a part of the UF administration. They function independently and are tasked with self monitoring their activities. This is one of the many holes in the implementation of NIL. The NCAA holds the University accountable for the actions of operations they do not manage or control. This is a huge challenge for all concerned and mostly responsible for the "wild west" activities to date.

Scared $ Don’t Make $

Jan 17, 2022
so it's just ironing out the details. Big nothingburger

Some people are looking for any reason to jump off a cliff :lol:
Sounds that way. Likely just a conversation around how much $ upfront vs paid over 4 years, etc…

That’s why all these kids are leaving A&M. Dumbo promised them a million dollar pay day when in reality it’s a million over 4 years with performance incentives. Kids showed up on day 1 expecting a check and they were left holding an empty bag.

This is the unfortunate reality of NIL. Before long every kid will have an agent and contract “hang ups” will be more frequent. Nothing different than what happens in the NFL.

tharber

Oct 10, 2020
CU-UF has it right. The Gator Collective is for fan level donations and they help with the public related athelete events. The Gator Guard is the group of high net worth donors who put up the big bucks to pay athletes.

I think what its going to come down to is that Rashada signed with JTM SPorts to represent him in late November. So now we have another 3rd party getting involved. Jaden and his family want him at Florida so its a matter of semantics now. We also recently hired a NIL director at the university level, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

Little known fact that Florida pulled our offer from Jaden a few days before he signed with UM. His then attorney was a clown and Napier wasn't going to get into any of that. To me that speaks volumes as to the type of kids BN is bringing on board.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Little known fact that Florida pulled our offer from Jaden a few days before he signed with UM
The Big Lebowski Reaction GIF

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
CU-UF has it right. The Gator Collective is for fan level donations and they help with the public related athelete events. The Gator Guard is the group of high net worth donors who put up the big bucks to pay athletes.

I think what its going to come down to is that Rashada signed with JTM SPorts to represent him in late November. So now we have another 3rd party getting involved. Jaden and his family want him at Florida so its a matter of semantics now. We also recently hired a NIL director at the university level, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

Little known fact that Florida pulled our offer from Jaden a few days before he signed with UM. His then attorney was a clown and Napier wasn't going to get into any of that. To me that speaks volumes as to the type of kids BN is bringing on board.
That’s all well and good, but this sounds eerily reminiscent of Fooley’s “We’re not getting into an arms race” bullshyt, and that has resulted in us being a decade behind all the big boys in facilities and recruiting.

This ain’t the recruiting days of old, unfortunately, where a kid wants to play for UF because he wanted to stomp Ugay, fsu and Tennessee. Now it’s just an auction to the highest bidder.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
To me that speaks volumes as to the type of kids BN is bringing on board.
Haven't we already beat the "we don't want them if they don't want to be Gators" crap before? The last 15 years seemed to have worked out for us with that mentality :eek3:. We need to start looking at our football team like an NFL squad. UF is a rookie contract and the athlete only cares about the team they currently are on. Once they move on, UF will just be a past employer. Days are gone when players forever bleed their collegiate years, just look at half the Sunday/Monday night intros where these clowns talk about their HS over where they went to college.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So it looks like Rashada signed his LOI before he signed his NIL. Mainly because he wants to be a Gator. And then somebody tried to put in language or fees to screw Rashada when they presented the NIL contract.

This has nothing to do with BN. Although I’m sure he’s involved now.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
So it looks like Rashada signed his LOI before he signed his NIL. Mainly because he wants to be a Gator. And then somebody tried to put in language or fees to screw Rashada when they presented the NIL contract.

This has nothing to do with BN. Although I’m sure he’s involved now.
“To screw Rashada” or maybe to protect Florida in case he walks after a year or two.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
JUST SPECULATION.....

I would think in principal they have a deal. When you have that "3rd party" involved that's where some of the Bullshyt lies. Probably dotting i's and crossing t's. I am sure this is not the First in CFB with NIL and unfortunately one be the last.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
i absolutely DESPISE what that court ruling has turned into. might as well just disassociate from college altogether and call cfb the NFL minor league, thats all it is now.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
That’s why all these kids are leaving A&M. Dumbo promised them a million dollar pay day when in reality it’s a million over 4 years with performance incentives.
I keep seeing this and just doubt it to be true. 5 kids from last year's class have hit the portal that I can see. 3 of them were suspended for the season for the in locker room issue. Maybe that is a function of pay to play, but not lack of coming through with dollars.

Of the remaining 2 transfers, one was ranked 384. The other was good, but it was also inevitable that some of those top kids were going to transfer due to being over-ranked and not winning a job quickly/realizing they are not going to win the job. Others will always transfer over being away from home, drugs, girlfriends, etc.
So, while A&M has a ton of transfers, most are likely due to the opposite: that class last year pushed a bunch of guys on the roster out who now realize the younger guys will be taking their spots and they will likely never play absent injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator