Jags jag things up again; send Leonard Fournette packing

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So Yann traded for peanuts yesterday, and now this.

@AdamSchefter: Jaguars released RB Leonard Fournette.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
So Yann traded for peanuts yesterday, and now this.

@AdamSchefter: Jaguars released RB Leonard Fournette.

Fournette was garbage. I hated the pick to begin with. It looks like the other backs have impressed to the point the front office and coaching staff would rather get rid of the headache.

As for Yannick, I'm sorry, but he is not viewed as elite. The jags wouldn't pay him that money. The vikings won't either. Maybe some team will give him the money he wants. He only needs one idiot owner. But, I doubt it. He is good. He isn't 100 million plus good. He wants the 100 million plus. The jags were smart.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Fournette is in the final year of a large 1st round contract...and, despite the Jags shopping him around all offseason, simply put: nobody wanted to trade for him because nobody was wanting to pay him after this year when he wants bigger money.

He just isn't worth it...not a game changer and not the best locker room presence.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Fournette was garbage. I hated the pick to begin with. It looks like the other backs have impressed to the point the front office and coaching staff would rather get rid of the headache.
Gonna just leave this right here

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-31_13-31-1.png
    upload_2020-8-31_13-31-1.png
    236.6 KB · Views: 170

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
For getting absolutely nothing for a top 5 pick they made just 3 years ago?
:lol4:

why would they get something for a known malcontent, poor work ethic, and bust? Him being a top pick 3 years ago is meaningless. How good is he now?

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
For getting absolutely nothing for a top 5 pick they made just 3 years ago?

No one wanted to trade anything for him. He's not a dominant player even when healthy (which he's struggled with) and brings a poor attitude to the table in addition to the rest.

Sure, it would be nice, but no one wanted to pay his salary this year, let alone what he'd be expecting next year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
why would they get something for a known malcontent, poor work ethic, and bust? Him being a top pick 3 years ago is meaningless. How good is he now?
Who drafted a known malcontent, poor work ethic and bust with a top 5 pick? Was that smart?
I mean seriously, who dafuq uses a top 5 pick on a RB these days? There are literally dozens and dozens of serviceable RBs out there.
The Jags GM and owner are about as inept as it comes. They’re on par with the Browns.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Who drafted a known malcontent, poor work ethic and bust with a top 5 pick? Was that smart?
I mean seriously, who dafuq uses a top 5 pick on a RB these days? There literally dozens and dozens of serviceable RBs out there.
The Jags GM and owner are about as inept as it comes. They’re on par with the Browns.

I completely agree. But, I'm not going to blast them because they cut Fournette. He's 3 years in and still, to this day, struggles with the playbook. They have met with him privately about his weight numerous times. Word out of camp is he was probably going to lose his job. So, why keep him?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I completely agree. But, I'm not going to blast them because they cut Fournette. He's 3 years in and still, to this day, struggles with the playbook. They have met with him privately about his weight numerous times. Word out of camp is he was probably going to lose his job. So, why keep him?
They should’ve never drafted him. Dumbass now or dumbass later. What’s the difference?

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
They should’ve never drafted him. Dumbass now or dumbass later. What’s the difference?

I'm with you. I was throwing things at the tv. Coughlin has always been that way. He wanted Lawrence Phillips. He tried to draft Curtis Enis. HoF head coach. Hall of shame player personnel guy.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm with you. I was throwing things at the tv. Coughlin has always been that way. He wanted Lawrence Phillips. He tried to draft Curtis Enis. HoF head coach. Hall of shame player personnel guy.
But at least they got the swimmin’ hole, amiright?

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Check out this list of rbs drafted after 4-net.

this is why you don’t waste a primo pick on an rb

Christian McCaffrey (Rd 1) Dalvin Cook (Rd 2) Joe Mixon (Rd 2) Alvin Kamara (Rd 3) James Conner (Rd 3) Kareem Hunt (Rd 3) Aaron Jones (Rd 5) Chris Carson (Rd 7) Austin Ekeler (UDFA

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The bigger question is why can’t they hold onto top players any longer? They’ll never amount to sh*t when they blow top draft picks and then can’t hold onto to the later round players that perform.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think they would do ok in the Premier League!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator