Was he steeped in it though? I don’t remember

yes, in fact…

raw

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I was just catching up and hadn’t heard much on the Tebow front, so a quick search saw that the Demaryius Thomas was retiring and Tim put out a nice message, and I ran across this tweet:

What a great scene in Denver, and then I started reading the tweet replies. My gawd, the Tebow hate that pervades is just absolutely amazing. What could possibly have gone wrong in your life that you just have to schit on a guy that has done nothing…absolutely nothing to anyone that deserves it. I know I’m an O&B homer, but I truly think I’d feel the same if I wasn’t a gator fan.

Stunning.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I was just catching up and hadn’t heard much on the Tebow front, so a quick search saw that the Demaryius Thomas was retiring and Tim put out a nice message, and I ran across this tweet:

What a great scene in Denver, and then I started reading the tweet replies. My gawd, the Tebow hate that pervades is just absolutely amazing. What could possibly have gone wrong in your life that you just have to schit on a guy that has done nothing…absolutely nothing to anyone that deserves it. I know I’m an O&B homer, but I truly think I’d feel the same if I wasn’t a gator fan.

Stunning.

It's a litmus test for me. I'll grant exceptions to rival fans who are bitter about losing to him, but nobody else has any excuse for hating on Tebow. If you don't like Tebow then I don't like you, simple as that.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's a litmus test for me. I'll grant exceptions to rival fans who are bitter about losing to him, but nobody else has any excuse for hating on Tebow. If you don't like Tebow then I don't like you, simple as that.

I had multiple people in Tennessee say to me “Man, I hate that guy for what he did to my Vols, but he is special and I sure wish he was one of us”. It made me almost want to like them. Almost.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I had multiple people in Tennessee say to me “Man, I hate that guy for what he did to my Vols, but he is special and I sure wish he was one of us”. It made me almost want to like them. Almost.

I didn't want to say anything, but I tried arranging to have Tim say a few words at your wake when we thought you were a goner a few weeks back. But the distance between Jacksonville and Gulfport was just too much logistics wise.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't want to say anything, but I tried arranging to have Tim say a few words at your wake when we thought you were a goner a few weeks back. But the distance between Jacksonville and Gulfport was just too much logistics wise.

Mostly dead.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
While he was at Florida he was hated by all the jawja fans. Since he's left I don't believe I've meet one who doesn't love him. I know a group of them from my town went to Jacksonville the time Denver played there. Had pictures on facebook of them all wearing Tebow jerseys. None were Bronco or Jags fans, they were die hard nut licker fans and loved Tebow.

Only pieces of shyt humans could dislike someone like Tebow. You know the kind of people who defend letting grown me preform bj's on dildo's in front of 4 year old's. Or the kinda of losers who play with lego's and then complain for days how sore they were afterwards. Or the kind of scum that wish death on gator chatter members or celebrate when one's spouse passes.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
People forget how amazing Tebow's one partial year as a staring NFL QB was, and it reached a peak with that pass to Thomas in the playoffs. Not because he played particularly good football that year. He didn't. But because he willed the team to so many 4th Q/OT improbable wins it was clear there was something so special about the guy and a whole segment of country that had missed his miraculous play in college were witnessing Tebow Time.

There was a day I was listening to local sports radio on a Monday after Tebow lead the Broncos to an overtime road win against the chargers. The host was telling the story of how he had gone to the game for his job, didn't know that much about Tebow other than he was over-hyped, always in the media, and had lead several improbable comebacks in his young NFL career. He said he watched as Tebow played sloppily most of the game and it was a low scoring affair with Denver behind in the 4th Q. Tebow came alive in the end of the 3rd and the 4th Q and lead to the tying score. Then in OT Denver got the ball back and you could feel the excitement as Tebow lead them down the field for the winning FG in OT. He said in the 4th Q and OT you could feel a lot of the home crowd actually routing for Tebow, not necessarily for the Broncos. They all knew he had this reputation for 4th Q improbable victories and realized they were getting the chance to witness it personally, even though it was against their own team. He said you just couldn't help but feel the excitement and that he now understood what Tebow time was all about. He didn't think he was a particularly good QB, but the will to win and excitement of the comeback was something he had never experienced before.

The fact that that he got black-balled and career ruined, particularly by that fat mammal-toe wearing toe-sucking sh*thead Jets coach pissed me off. Not because Tebow was likely to ever be a SB winning QB, but because it was the best drama and best TV in the otherwise boring NFL in forever and we only got 1 damn partial season of it.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
While he was at Florida he was hated by all the jawja fans. Since he's left I don't believe I've meet one who doesn't love him. I know a group of them from my town went to Jacksonville the time Denver played there. Had pictures on facebook of them all wearing Tebow jerseys. None were Bronco or Jags fans, they were die hard nut licker fans and loved Tebow.

Only pieces of shyt humans could dislike someone like Tebow. You know the kind of people who defend letting grown me preform bj's on dildo's in front of 4 year old's. Or the kinda of losers who play with lego's and then complain for days how sore they were afterwards. Or the kind of scum that wish death on gator chatter members or celebrate when one's spouse passes.

I've seen many, many opposing fans (cheerleaders, players, managers, etc., even fans in the stands) getting pictures with Tim after a game.

Alex.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've seen many, many opposing fans (cheerleaders, players, managers, etc., even fans in the stands) getting pictures with Tim after a game.

Alex.

Even when he was playing baseball, I went to the all four games he did in Clearwater during his A+ stint (season ticket holder for the Phillies franchise). He was out there before games autographs, talking with fans, and joking with them.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
People forget how amazing Tebow's one partial year as a staring NFL QB was, and it reached a peak with that pass to Thomas in the playoffs. Not because he played particularly good football that year. He didn't.

I don’t agree, for this reason. I watched every play of that season, and what was absolutely clear is that the offense was completely and utterly predictable and handcuffed for the first 3 quarters. Run-run-pass, and the kid was clearly told “do not leave the pocket”. Defensing that team in the first 3 quarters was so easy, Grantham could have done it. Did Tim make mistakes? Of course he did…like any rookie quarterback would, but that’s the thing - his mistakes were no worse than any other rookies.

But when behind…when desperation took hold, and the coach staff was FORCED to open the offense up and allow for creativity, Tebow was absolutely Tebow. Unpredictable playmaker that just had a knack for creating open receivers, running at the right time, and doing what the kid does…win. I’m not sure how it finished, but late in that season someone looked at QBR ratings by quarter, and Tebow led the entire league in QBR in the 4th quarter.

Tebow wasn’t traditional, and that horse-toothed moron couldn’t stand that Tebow was getting more love in Denver than he was.

The biggest argument I can make about not wanting to go with Tebow as your franchise is that you couldn’t build an offense that took advantage of his skill set, and have a backup that could run it if Tebow got hurt. In the plug and play game today it’s not nearly as critical for a starter to go down, because everyone has just a lesser version in the wings.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
People forget how amazing Tebow's one partial year as a staring NFL QB was, and it reached a peak with that pass to Thomas in the playoffs. Not because he played particularly good football that year. He didn't. But because he willed the team to so many 4th Q/OT improbable wins it was clear there was something so special about the guy and a whole segment of country that had missed his miraculous play in college were witnessing Tebow Time.

There was a day I was listening to local sports radio on a Monday after Tebow lead the Broncos to an overtime road win against the chargers. The host was telling the story of how he had gone to the game for his job, didn't know that much about Tebow other than he was over-hyped, always in the media, and had lead several improbable comebacks in his young NFL career. He said he watched as Tebow played sloppily most of the game and it was a low scoring affair with Denver behind in the 4th Q. Tebow came alive in the end of the 3rd and the 4th Q and lead to the tying score. Then in OT Denver got the ball back and you could feel the excitement as Tebow lead them down the field for the winning FG in OT. He said in the 4th Q and OT you could feel a lot of the home crowd actually routing for Tebow, not necessarily for the Broncos. They all knew he had this reputation for 4th Q improbable victories and realized they were getting the chance to witness it personally, even though it was against their own team. He said you just couldn't help but feel the excitement and that he now understood what Tebow time was all about. He didn't think he was a particularly good QB, but the will to win and excitement of the comeback was something he had never experienced before.

The fact that that he got black-balled and career ruined, particularly by that fat mammal-toe wearing toe-sucking sh*thead Jets coach pissed me off. Not because Tebow was likely to ever be a SB winning QB, but because it was the best drama and best TV in the otherwise boring NFL in forever and we only got 1 damn partial season of it.

That was the "suck for Luck" year when teams were trying to go winless so they could draft Andrew Luck. Denver was one of the favorites to win the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes (Suckstakes?). They started the season 1-4 with Kyle Orton at QB. That's prime position for a number one overall pick, certainly not prime position for making the playoffs and winning a playoff game, right?

They put in Tebow and he won 7 of the next 8 (including 3 overtime wins). They lost their last 3 in the regular season but made it to the playoffs and had that magical OT win against the Steelers in the Wild Card round. Overall, Tebow led the team to an 8-5 record including 2 playoff games. 2 of the 5 losses were to the NE Patriots.

Alex.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That was the "suck for Luck" year when teams were trying to go winless so they could draft Andrew Luck. Denver was one of the favorites to win the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes (Suckstakes?). They started the season 1-4 with Kyle Orton at QB. That's prime position for a number one overall pick, certainly not prime position for making the playoffs and winning a playoff game, right?

They put in Tebow and he won 7 of the next 8 (including 3 overtime wins). They lost their last 3 in the regular season but made it to the playoffs and had that magical OT win against the Steelers in the Wild Card round. Overall, Tebow led the team to an 8-5 record including 2 playoff games. 2 of the 5 losses were to the NE Patriots.

Alex.

And yet… so many people will say that ALL of that happened despite Tebow, not because of him. Hell, the play calling in the first 3 quarters of every game was so infuriating that you just felt like they were trying to lose.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I have said it before. People do not hate TT. They hate anything that reminds them of what they are not.
They hate him b/c when they are reminded of him, they are reminded of how small and sad they are in comparison.

Not to get too philosophical or religious, but Tebow is a modern day type of Christ. Most hated Christ simply because his existence forced them to reckon with their own sin and depravity. It is the same with Tim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.