Jalen Tabor, Treon Harris suspended for Tennessee

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n285000 said:
No one is denying that they were stupid and selfish. They got caught and the punishment is a one week suspension. The only ones bitching are the ones who think this is a sign of the demise of society, decline of the Gators, and if you're a true Gator you should want them to be tossed out and made an example of. That puts you at the polar opposite of our new coach who already said;

1. They aren't suspended, they made a bad choice
2. They will be back next week.

So stop being such effing hypocrites. Since you obviously think it is such a big deal, your disgust shouldn't be on fellow forum members, it should be squarely on Mac who you must see as an enabler who is too soft to support your righteous view.

Whoa whoa whoa...Calm down sport. I never once said they should immediately be kicked off the team. I do, however, think they should be punished..and they are. It's totally up to the coach and the university on how they want to handle that punishment and I support it 100%.

And did you miss the part where I said I love weed and I'm all for it's legalization? I hold no righteous views other than I respect rules that are put in place. I may break them but I know if I get caught I'll face the consequences, whatever they may be.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Swamp Queen;n285005 said:
Whoa whoa whoa...Calm down sport. I never once said they should immediately be kicked off the team. I do, however, think they should be punished..and they are. It's totally up to the coach and the university on how they want to handle that punishment and I support it 100%.
Not you specifically, but there is a lot of hate toward these players, fellow posters, and quite a few posts saying they should be gone, made example of, etc but not a single critical post about Mac who is fully chill about it to the point he wont even call it a suspension. Folks love them some Mac and I'm right with them, but it is definitely hypocritical of the hardliners to conveniently forget Mac in all their indignation on this topic.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n285006 said:
Not you specifically, but there is a lot of hate toward these players, fellow posters, and quite a few posts saying they should be gone, made example of, etc but not a single critical post about Mac who is fully chill about it to the point he wont even call it a suspension. Folks love them some Mac and I'm right with them, but it is definitely hypocritical of the hardliners to conveniently forget Mac in all their indignation on this topic.

Well don't quote me next time! :kick:

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
lagator;n284996 said:
Mac already said he isn't angry with them and they will be back for OM. I assume you can never support Mac again considering you're adamant that they need to be made examples of and run out of town. If we as fans (who have zero impact on the situation at all) are desperate and have forgotten who we are, this new lenient carpetbagger coach who isn't out for these guys heads and is in fact welcoming them back next week must be an absolute disgrace in your view. I 'll be looking for your firejimmcelwain.com site. Let us know when it's up.

:facepalm:

Damn, lighten up dude.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n285006 said:

If you don't think Mac is pissed about losing two starters then I have some lovely beachfront property here in Atlanta I'd like to sell you. Of course he's pissed. He may not come out and say that, but his livelihood is affected by their selfish decisions. And for the record, I'm in the camp of wanting to see them gone. They've both been in trouble for weed once before and UF does not suspend for a first failed drug test, so this is at least their 3rd time in trouble involving weed. Obviously, a Mac wants to give them another chance and it's ultimately his decision, so I will just have to accept that. If I was a betting man, I don't think either will be here this time next year.
Lastly, after refusing a drug test, Tabor goes on Twitter and blasts the UAA? You know, there are tons of fans/alumni on here that donate their hard earned dollars to support the UAA, it's programs, coaches and players. I suspect they make take that personally and have every right to be pissed.

Now, get back on your high horse and call everyone who disagrees with you a hypocrite again.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Put me on the list that is fine with them gone as well. Both are showing themselves to be selfish individuals incapable of making good decisions, not bc of this week but the culmination of a number of offenses in not much more than a years timeframe.
I'm curious what you would consider to be enough for them? Do we need to let them assault females in a bar first?

And don't act like Mac isn't pissed and this isn't a suspension. Neither one of them raised their hand and volunteered not to play. :facepalm: They chose to be dumbasses and Mac is showing them the effects of those choices.

:snob:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So I take it somebody from here who's going to the game has contacted Treon and Tabor and invited them to hangout at phan's RV with the gang from Gatorchatter? They like to party...

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n285044 said:
So I take it somebody from here who's going to the game has contacted Treon and Tabor and invited them to hangout at phan's RV with the gang from Gatorchatter? They like to party...

I'll bring the weed!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n285045 said:
I'll bring the weed!

dude, you know you posted a pic of you and your husband on here a while back.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, this thread got interesting. Summation: Treon's a pothead and Tabor's a hothead, and yet Mac handled it with the utmost of care in spite of one poster's asinine comments to the contrary. There's an obvious power struggle going on in the locker room while Mac tries balancing the need to maintain the roster while maintaining control. Personally, I'd put the emphasis on the latter. Dismiss both of these as$holes.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
[QUOTE='78;n285069]Wow, this thread got interesting. Summation: Treon's a pothead and Tabor's a hothead, and yet Mac handled it with the utmost of care in spite of one poster's asinine comments to the contrary. There's an obvious power struggle going on in the locker room while Mac tries balancing the need to maintain the roster while maintaining control. Personally, I'd put the emphasis on the latter. Dismiss both of these as$holes. [/QUOTE]

good point. Mac is already under the microscope and he's trying to handle these screwups without giving the media too much red meat to chew on.

and IF you are right, and these players are agitating a power struggle that now includes spiteful flouting of rules for a second and third time right before a HUGE game, then they are coming dangerously close to earning a trip out the door.

this smells of the unjustified sense of entitlement Mac was complaining about a couple weeks ago, and that's why he said publicly that these two players care more about themselves than the team.

that statement implies he's a lot more upset than he's letting on under the media's gaze. he learns quickly.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n284569 said:
Watching L-Boy and T get smacked around is pretty fun.

Was listening to Rick Ballou yesterday, and he said something that was so logical. Hesaid these kids basically have to refrain from smoking pot for four friggin' months. That's it. If I think smoking pot is more important than a job, than I don't accept a position that drug tests. I tell them politely that isn't the right fit for me. Don't friggin' cry about rules that everybody on the team is aware of and two players have intentionally broken.... twice.

I got news for all you apologists. Tabor is an NFL talent, and the pot rules don't go away there. It's laughable how posters act like these kids have a gun to their head to play football and are being so mistreated by having some rules in place. Gimme a break.

As a side, I heard Brent Beard last night on the news. Says their first or second best receiver "Pig" Howard is out for the game. A little bit of an equalizer I suppose.

These kids do lots of dumb stuff. Some of it is serious, and should be dealt with. Making a big deal over pot is just setting them up to fail.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
GatorTAG;n284584 said:
Student Athletes are held to a higher standard because they are representing an academic institution in a very public way. Its just like Tiger losing sponsors for his filandering. Filandering is not illegal but it sure does look bad.

Most employers don't care too much for their representatives to be breaking laws or making them look bad. Regular students aren't in the public eye and therefore not held to the same standard and therefore not tested.

Go tell your boss you're going to get high this weekend and see how well that goes over.

So you are still under the fantasy that college football has some connection to college academics, and these kids have some connection with you, and they somehow represent you. I get it, it is fun to feel that way, but it is about the furthest thing from the truth.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
L-boy;n285093 said:
So you are still under the fantasy that college football has some connection to college academics, and these kids have some connection with you, and they somehow represent you. I get it, it is fun to feel that way, but it is about the furthest thing from the truth.

Then why do you struggle with the idea that the same kids, with very little to do academically, can't or shouldn't be held to a certain standard insofar as their conduct on campus? Your comment in your previous post about their being set up for failure by making light of their pot usage is ludicrous IMO. If they haven't learned some degree of self-accountability at this point, it's unlikely it's going to happen while on an SEC football roster. Mac wasn't hired to be a professional baby sitter; he was hired to coach young men who want to become good football players.

Pardon the pun, but we need to weed out the riff raff.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This **** is a frickin joke. If you want to test them like employees then compensate them like employees . What a frickin joke this weed crap is...

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
What a wanker. Condescend much?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n285105 said:
This **** is a frickin joke. If you want to test them like employees then compensate them like employees . What a frickin joke this weed crap is...

Start donating to the cause!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator