Jalen Tabor, Treon Harris suspended for Tennessee

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I dont always go full retard, but when I do, I make sure to post a ridiculously stupid rant on gcmb.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n285182 said:
Ox, can we get a confirmation here?

:dance:
Just about all of the coaching rumor threads beat the hell out of this one.

I'm just irritated that it's become political. This situation isn't about whether or not pot should be legalized.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n285213 said:
I dont always go full retard, but when I do, I make sure to post a ridiculously stupid rant on gcmb.

b407cfbb47c4b1fc0ff65664a1919805.jpg

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n285215 said:
This situation isn't about whether or not pot should be legalized.
Stop trying to confuse the mouthbreathers with facts, Ox.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n285169 said:
This may be a record. I think this thread has the most views of any other thread in the history of Gatorchatter.

I avoid psychoactive drugs -- best I stay psycho-dormant.... but this thread is becoming a bad trip of burdensomeness.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Weed should be legal, but it's not and these guys know the rules. They broke them. They will pay JMac's price, whatever that ends up being. I imagine it's a lot more than a simple game suspension behind closed doors. We'll never know I'm sure. My take on this is it's JMac's job to be the HC and he'll do whatever he feels is the right thing to do under the circumstances. They didn't rape, murder, or punch any girls, so there is that...

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
oxrageous;n285215 said:
Just about all of the coaching rumor threads beat the hell out of this one.

I'm just irritated that it's become political. This situation isn't about whether or not pot should be legalized.

Exactly. Listen, it doesn't matter what we personally think should or shouldn't be legal. The bottom line is that these kids are basically employees. They "work" for the university and are compensated with free education, room, food, activities, transportation, etc. If they don't like the rules they can "quite their job" and move on to something else. Regardless of any of our personal feelings about pot, it's against team rules and therefore should be followed. You shouldn't be partaking in something that can negatively impact your play on the field anyways. If you don't like it go somewhere else..

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n285020 said:
Put me on the list that is fine with them gone as well. Both are showing themselves to be selfish individuals incapable of making good decisions, not bc of this week but the culmination of a number of offenses in not much more than a years timeframe.
I'm curious what you would consider to be enough for them? Do we need to let them assault females in a bar first?

And don't act like Mac isn't pissed and this isn't a suspension. Neither one of them raised their hand and volunteered not to play. :facepalm: They chose to be dumbasses and Mac is showing them the effects of those choices.

:snob:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What does smoking weed have to do with assaulting females in Bars? You're just proving the irrational responses and over-reaction found in this thread.

"I'm not angry" was Mac's direct quote. He had no problem showing anger toward KT. I have no reason to believe he's a liar, and we have direct evidence in as clear language as we could possibly have that unlike many of you, he believes it is not a big issue and doesn't equate them to girl punching thugs. What part of "I'm not angry" was unclear to you?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;285324 said:
What does smoking weed have to do with assaulting females in Bars? You're just proving the irrational responses and over-reaction found in this thread.

"I'm not angry" was Mac's direct quote. He had no problem showing anger toward KT. I have no reason to believe he's a liar, and we have direct evidence in as clear language as we could possibly have that unlike many of you, he believes it is not a big issue and doesn't equate them to girl punching thugs. What part of "I'm not angry" was unclear to you?

What part of "coach speak" do you not understand. Are you dense? There was no equating of weed to assault; what was stated was that you draw a line somewhere. You seem to think that it shouldn't be for drugs so I'm asking you, where should it be? Where is too far? I'd rather they be punished when stepping out of line for what you think are minuscule infractions. Players will always skirt the line, where you draw it makes all the difference. This isn't rocket science bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
lagator;n285324 said:

Do you always take things out of context in an attempt to make a point?

The rant at Taylor was in the heat of a game where the team had made multiple mistakes already. Furthermore he regretted the outburst later, which may effect how he responds to adversity in the public eye going forward such as with the TH and Tabor situation. The KT tirade was at the player who made the mistake right when he made it.

The response on the suspensions was NOT in an emotional moment, and done with the experience of what happened when he yelled at KT. This was a statement to media, not the players, and would need to be presented as such.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n285269 said:
Weed should be legal, but it's not and these guys know the rules. They broke them. They will pay JMac's price, whatever that ends up being. I imagine it's a lot more than a simple game suspension behind closed doors. We'll never know I'm sure. My take on this is it's JMac's job to be the HC and he'll do whatever he feels is the right thing to do under the circumstances. They didn't rape, murder, or punch any girls, so there is that...

And that's the reality of it.

Alcohol is legal, but how many of us are allowed to drink at work? Better yet, are you allowed to drink in a campus classroom during a lecture? It happens, but it's a violation of campus rules, which are the laws of the University.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Colorado is one of the states in the United States. Marijuana isn't legal in the US.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n285435 said:
Colorado is one of the states in the United States. Marijuana isn't legal in the US.
Funny thing, isn't it?
kzXV6XL.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.