Jalen Tabor, Treon Harris suspended for Tennessee

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n285069]Wow, this thread got interesting. Summation: Treon's a pothead and Tabor's a hothead, and yet Mac handled it with the utmost of care in spite of one poster's asinine comments to the contrary. There's an obvious power struggle going on in the locker room while Mac tries balancing the need to maintain the roster while maintaining control. Personally, I'd put the emphasis on the latter. Dismiss both of these as$holes. [/QUOTE]

I think Treon is gone after this year. It will be his choice, but Mac won't stand in his way. Matter of fact, he'll encourage it to happen shortly after the season. They want to add another QB to this class and Treon leaving can help get a flip. Tabor could be here next year, but that will require him maturing a lot in the next 6-8 months. I don't see it happening but not out of the realm of possibilities.

Mac will continue to mentor and teach. He has to put that out there so parents will trust him. He can't just go half cocked and dismiss kids for this. Behind close doors these kids are surely getting a different side of Mac.

All that said, I agree with you. Just don't think Mac can kick the kids off for this and expect to solidly recruit. I do think they will be gone in good time though

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n285105 said:
This **** is a frickin joke. If you want to test them like employees then compensate them like employees . What a frickin joke this weed crap is...

Nobody goes all in on being wrong like you do. It's actually almost admirable.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
This **** is a frickin joke. If you want to test them like employees then compensate them like employees . What a frickin joke this weed crap is...

I am all for paying them what they are worth. Then they can pay for their school, lodging, meals, etc. Just like the pro's

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
MJMGator;n284805 said:
I have a question about Tabor. Since its been reported he was automatically suspended for one game due to refusal to take a drug test, one has to assume it's because he knew he would fail it. When does he get tested again and what would be the punishment for failing a test after the refusal?

Per Rogdochar's post a few pages ago, THC remains in the system for 2-4 weeks.

So another test in less than 4 weeks would potentially expose players to double jeopardy, in the sense they could test positive the second time, without having another THC exposure. (Per reports, one player was deemed guilty without evidence, but pursuant to pre-existing rules that specified that would be the consequence of refusal to take a drug test.)

We've seen a prominent recent incident where a sports-related grievance over disciplinary matters has made it to the courts, and a federal judge (in that situation) held that basic fairness and due process was a fundamental requirement. I doubt that the Athletic Association wants to walk in the footprints of Roger Goodell.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014

And you do realize that when they graduate,and if by the small chance they are drafted into the NFL, they still get drug tested.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
L-boy;n285091 said:
Making a big deal over pot is just setting them up to fail.

Really? I think enabling them is setting them up to fail. This isn't about smoking pot or drinking or painting your f**king fingernails pink. It's about what's required of you and what is not allowed. If you disagree with it it's your right and you have other options, but you won't be exploring them here.

Imagine you are newly put in charge of an organization that has been dysfunctional and spiraling downward for 5-6 years. One glaring problem you notice when you come onboard is a consistent lack of discipline and a misplaced sense of entitlement. You know you need to set the tone if you have any chance of righting the ship. You address the issue upfront and let it be known that things will HAVE to change if there's to be any progress towards developing the winning attitude that will lead to achieving the organization's overall goal. You stress over and over again until you're blue in the face what is required and what is totally unacceptable. Every day you and your management team stress these same requirements and no-nos.

So now, some members of the organization who already have a history of thumbing their noses at what you've been preaching and trying to establish decide that once again, they are more important than the organization. So what do you do? Do you do as you seem to suggest and tell them, "Don't worry, I wasn't really serious about all that stuff I've been drumming into you the last 9 months. Continue on with your self centered ways, team be damned."? Or do you tell them that, whether they agree with it or not, it's the rules of this organization and if you can't adjust your life accordingly and grow the f**k up we can't let your actions effect what we're trying to do here.

Again, this ain't about pot. Period.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Blacklabgator;n285113 said:
And you do realize that when they graduate,and if by the small chance they are drafted into the NFL, they still get drug tested.

BUT THAT'S JUST WRONG TOO! I'M ANGRY AND I'M GOING TO TELL EVERYONE JUST HOW ANGRY I AM BECAUSE THIS JUST SUCKS. TREON IS OUR STARTER AND I'M NOT GONNA SLEEP UNTIL HE IS!

/GatorFever

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Blacklabgator;n285111 said:
I am all for paying them what they are worth. Then they can pay for their school, lodging, meals, etc. Just like the pro's
Winner.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n285115 said:
BUT THAT'S JUST WRONG TOO! I'M ANGRY AND I'M GOING TO TELL EVERYONE JUST HOW ANGRY I AM BECAUSE THIS JUST SUCKS. TREON IS OUR STARTER AND I'M NOT GONNA SLEEP UNTIL HE IS!

/GatorFever
:lmao:

Dec 10, 2014
L-boy;n285091 said:
Making a big deal over pot is just setting them up to fail.

It's not a big deal over pot. It's a big deal over breaking rules. Twice. Just because you don't care for a rule doesn't give you leave to break it when you desire. I implore you speed by a police officer and tell him and/or the judge that their making a "big deal" out of it. Grow up for christ's sake. You sound like the whiney hippies trying to get signatures outside the courthouse for medical marihuana.

Dec 10, 2014
Blacklabgator;n285111 said:

Also tax them on their income. If these football athletes got a salary, they would no longer be amateur athletes. I would LOVE to see how the IRS valued their free ride. Tuition, lodging, meals, laundry, stipend, bowl gifts, clothes, tutoring, transportation, workout facilities ... That would ALL be taxable income if they were being paid. No well-informed player would make that trade in 100 years.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This may be a record. I think this thread has the most views of any other thread in the history of Gatorchatter.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n285145 said:
It's not a big deal over pot. It's a big deal over breaking rules. Twice. Just because you don't care for a rule doesn't give you leave to break it when you desire. I implore you speed by a police officer and tell him and/or the judge that their making a "big deal" out of it. Grow up for christ's sake. You sound like the whiney hippies trying to get signatures outside the courthouse for medical marihuana.

Yes typical L-Boy progressive thinking, very shallow.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
TLB;n284870 said:
I would take it like 812 says where refusal=failed. I've wasted my entire day not working, reading articles, so I can't point to where I read it but I believe first offense is one game suspension, second offense is a two game suspension. I'm assuming a third gets you kicked off the squad, but whatever article I read only referenced someone missing two games if it was their second violation.

Found the quote

Earlier this season, McCalister and Maye served one-game suspensions that would be consistent with a second violation of Florida's drug testing policy, while Pittman served a two-game suspension consistent with a third violation of the policy

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n285169 said:
This may be a record. I think this thread has the most views of any other thread in the history of Gatorchatter.
Ox, can we get a confirmation here?

:dance:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
L-boy;n285093 said:
So you are still under the fantasy that college football has some connection to college academics, and these kids have some connection with you, and they somehow represent you. I get it, it is fun to feel that way, but it is about the furthest thing from the truth.
I don't know what you are talking about, but whatever man.

13452550.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.