Jeff Driskel: 49ers starting quarterback?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:rotfl:. Driskel better learn to tackle and play STs if hope to be on the field. It will help him wih that turnover thing, too. I will eat Sasquash' shorts if Driskel is playing QB.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I wish him luck but this kid has got to prove he's got it between the ears. Much of what he'll need to do in the NFL is just as much mental as physical. He definitely needs coaching. He sure didn't get that from AssChamp.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Under Brent Pease, it wouldn't have mattered who was the QB. Pease was a complete joke everywhere he went from Kentucky, Baylor, Idaho State and UF. Even when Baylor sucked for so many years they complained about Pease.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I find myself not able to stop looking at that stupid gif, as if any moment now he's gonna burst a vein or stroke out or blow a valve in his heart. Either way, I know the guy's gonna die, and soon. If Muschamp isn't the strangest dude in college football, I hate to think who is.
Eh, I think Mike Leach is stranger. Muschamp is just a windbag.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It will probably come down to Thad Lewis whether Driskel makes the active roster or not barring injuries. I think the 49ers are stuck with Kaepernick for a while as I doubt anyone would give up much for him. Lewis hasn't got on the field in a few years but he knows the system already. If its close at all Driskel would get the nod I would think but if Driskel looks bad in the preseason and Lewis does alright he might end up on the practice squad possibly.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It will probably come down to Thad Lewis whether Driskel makes the active roster or not barring injuries. I think the 49ers are stuck with Kaepernick for a while as I doubt anyone would give up much for him. Lewis hasn't got on the field in a few years but he knows the system already. If its close at all Driskel would get the nod I would think but if Driskel looks bad in the preseason and Lewis does alright he might end up on the practice squad possibly.

Kaepernick's salary cap number is the issue... way too high for a guy with such little true successful starting history. Poor management decision.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Kaepernick's salary cap number is the issue... way too high for a guy with such little true successful starting history. Poor management decision.

I wonder if its high enough for them to just cut their losses. It sounds like another team wouldn't want to take that cap hit either. Maybe there is a way the 49ers could stay on the hook for half of it or so and deal him for a later round draft pick. I am not sure what the rules are on a trade like that.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if its high enough for them to just cut their losses. It sounds like another team wouldn't want to take that cap hit either. Maybe there is a way the 49ers could stay on the hook for half of it or so and deal him for a later round draft pick. I am not sure what the rules are on a trade like that.

Reportedly that is why the Broncos trade fell through, the 49ers wouldn't take any of the salary and Kaepernick wouldn't restructure his deal. The number is too high to cut, even at this point where half would go to next year's cap. It's literally cheaper to have him on the roster unless they get a trade for him and his cap number.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You know, maybe a sign of Driskel's poor thinking stands on his not choosing
baseball as a career try ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.