Jeff Driskel had back spasms per family

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One of my fraternity brothers said he was sitting directly in front of Jeff's parents at the game. He said that he felt sorry for Jeff because his parents were upset at the fact that Jeff was even playing. He heard them say something like "Jeff shouldn't be out there, he was having severe back spasms earlier in the week." That kind of explained why Jeff was even more terrible than usual. That is on Muschamp. Why put that guy in that situation?

It is exactly what Ox said in his post game podcast (good podcast btw). It seemed like Muschamp was almost trying to embarrass Jeff for some reason. Well, I heard Muschamp say in his post game interview on the raid "I hope everybody can now see that we aren't a drop back passing team. We need to run the ball...." In other words you kept putting Jeff out there to prove a point? Why embarrass your QB/fans/players just to say "see there, I told you so"? Wow

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
the_alphagator1906;n84740 said:
In other words you kept putting Jeff out there to prove a point? Why embarrass your QB/fans/players just to say "see there, I told you so"? Wow
Because he's an immature person that doesn't deserve to be in the position he's in.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
And to answer your last question, it's because WM is a raging lunatic that let's ego drive his decisions. If we were all standing behind Driskel and clamoring for him to continue starting, Harris would be out there. Serious mental problems with this guy.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure he asked Jeff how he felt and Jeff said he felt fine. Either that or he got a painkilling injection. Jeff's a tough kid, he's not going to take himself out, and just like most football players, he'll lie about how he feels just to stay on the field. That's when the responsibility falls on the trainers and coaches to read between the lines and hold him out.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
More proof chump is not qualified to be a head coach.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Regardless of his health muschamp left him out to dry last night. He had no bussiness being in there that late in the game. I really felt bad for the kid ,he's giving it his all it's not his fault the coach keeps spending him outthere and he's just not very good

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How much better would Jeff's college days have been had he played Gator baseball.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Isn't there a point when a coach needs to do what is best for the player's mental state. I don't know Jeff and I'm sure he was sucking it up but the kid looked pretty devastated on the sidelines. I woulda pulled him just to stop the debacle. Otherwise it does look like Champ was being petty and trying to make a point.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n84776 said:
Regardless of his health muschamp left him out to dry last night. He had no bussiness being in there that late in the game. I really felt bad for the kid ,he's giving it his all it's not his fault the coach keeps spending him outthere and he's just not very good

I was beside myself when he got sent back out there after the fumble return TD. Did he really think something good was going to happen?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n84798 said:
I was beside myself when he got sent back out there after the fumble return TD. Did he really think something good was going to happen?

lol idk. I feel bad muschamp at this point, there's no way him and his family could step out of their house right now. Foley is kinda doing the same to muschamp.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n84798 said:

Muschamp's player development.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Once they made the decision to pull him, that should have been it for the night. No two ways about it

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n84776 said:

This is spot on. It was almost obvious as if WM was making a point. And WM making that comment post game. Complete idiot who has no business being a HC. Nice post T.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n84794 said:
Isn't there a point when a coach needs to do what is best for the player's mental state. I don't know Jeff and I'm sure he was sucking it up but the kid looked pretty devastated on the sidelines. I woulda pulled him just to stop the debacle. Otherwise it does look like Champ was being petty and trying to make a point.

Exactly, player development has always been one of the knocks on WM. Taking care of players is part of that. WM blew it as always.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, but this apparent effort by the parents of Driskel to criticize the coaching staff for playing their son falls on mainly deaf ears. Your boy had no qualms when he accepted a full ride to UF as the heir apparent to Tim Tebow, did he? It's a tough sport in more ways than one. Deal with it.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
the_alphagator1906;n84740 said:
One of my fraternity brothers said he was sitting directly in front of Jeff's parents at the game. He said that he felt sorry for Jeff because his parents were upset at the fact that Jeff was even playing. He heard them say something like "Jeff shouldn't be out there, he was having severe back spasms earlier in the week." That kind of explained why Jeff was even more terrible than usual. That is on Muschamp. Why put that guy in that situation?

It is exactly what Ox said in his post game podcast (good podcast btw). It seemed like Muschamp was almost trying to embarrass Jeff for some reason. Well, I heard Muschamp say in his post game interview on the raid "I hope everybody can now see that we aren't a drop back passing team. We need to run the ball...." In other words you kept putting Jeff out there to prove a point? Why embarrass your QB/fans/players just to say "see there, I told you so"? Wow

This just pisses me off at him even more. Cruel to 2 guys. Jeff did not need that kind of setup. - Gee, we don't know Doc, he just suddenly went bonkers and then catatonic. Can't imagine why. Too bad, I really care about all my players. And I hope you all now see Treon is worse . I am right. I am king.

The injury part reminds me of playing Tyler Murphy game after game when his" dinged up shoulder' was much much more- i could see that because I am used to looking at structural relationships and flow of movement and his family or QB private coach was vocal about it after awhile Muschamp was probably so self convinced that his best option is Jeff, that he was going to play him and save himself.

I also heard that part of the radio interview. I was struck by the extremity.- sort of delusional.. He was triumphantly, I thought, challenging the general perceptions, and acted like he really thought people now understood finally that his way is best. It was as if he was not only saying we have no one who can pass, but also not owning any responsibility that perhaps the coaches need to find a way to teach it if they actually have no one. It also sounded to me like he really at the core of his being does not see a purpose in offense,other than resting defense.and definitely does not want to use passes. , It was as if he has no respect for the concept of offense as part of football. Roper must be shell shocked by now, trying to function under that. That devaluing of that half of his team and minimizing their allowed functions has got to be undermining to the offensive players' sense of value and worth as contributors.- not to mention fun.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n84826]Sorry, but this apparent effort by the parents of Driskel to criticize the coaching staff for playing their son falls on mainly deaf ears. Your boy had no qualms when he accepted a full ride to UF as the heir apparent to Tim Tebow, did he? It's a tough sport in more ways than one. Deal with it. [/QUOTE]
More proof that people don't read threads before they post in them.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Jenny On The Railroad;n84830 said:
This just pisses me off at him even more. Cruel to 2 guys. Jeff did not need that kind of setup. - Gee, we don't know Doc, he just suddenly went bonkers and then catatonic. Can't imagine why. Too bad, I really care about all my players. And I hope you all now see Treon is worse . I am right. I am king.

The injury part reminds me of playing Tyler Murphy game after game when his" dinged up shoulder' was much much more- i could see that because I am used to looking at structural relationships and flow of movement and his family or QB private coach was vocal about it after awhile Muschamp was probably so self convinced that his best option is Jeff, that he was going to play him and save himself.

I also heard that part of the radio interview. I was struck by the extremity.- sort of delusional.. He was triumphantly, I thought, challenging the general perceptions, and acted like he really thought people now understood finally that his way is best. It was as if he was not only saying we have no one who can pass, but also not owning any responsibility that perhaps the coaches need to find a way to teach it if they actually have no one. It also sounded to me like he really at the core of his being does not see a purpose in offense,other than resting defense.and definitely does not want to use passes. , It was as if he has no respect for the concept of offense as part of football. Roper must be shell shocked by now, trying to function under that. That devaluing of that half of his team and minimizing their allowed functions has got to be undermining to the offensive players' sense of value and worth as contributors.- not to mention fun.

There is a weird psychology going on in Muschamp's head. "Delusional" may actually be a legitimate clinical diagnosis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.