Jeff Driskel

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
All I have to say on this subject is, remember last year when everyone wanted Driskel benched? Then do you remember what happened after he got hurt? Just a friendly reminder. He's the best option we have right now at QB, and it's not even close. Two touchdowns against EMU's backups won't change that, not by a damn sight. Treon Harris would have sh*t himself when the receivers lined up in the wrong formation in overtime last night, and we would have lost. That's not any kind of indictment against Harris's abilities, either. As it's been said repeatedly over the last 2.5 seasons, Jeff Driskel gives us the best chance to win.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Am I the only one who still has faith in JD? To the is day I will never rematch a game QBd by JB. I think if you protect Jeff, let him run a little, and give him receivers with hands it'll be all good.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
Bench Driskel. Period.
It will never happen. Even though we have a QB on the bench that has proven his poise. Maybe Brissett was right. Not the racist thing but blinders on the Chump.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox said:
2nd half he wasn't as bad as we made him out to be. He wasn't great, or really even good as a whole, but he wasn't terrible in the 2nd half. That TD throw really was clutch but he needs to get A LOT better.
It he was a decent QB the TD pass in overtime would never have been necessary, that's the issue. His general ineptitude and critical errors undermines everything good that he does. I'll ask it again. Remember the Miami game last year? That is vintage JD.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz said:
I think you guys are underestimating how good of a tight end he will be
That is very funny but certainly not a bad idea. He certainly doesn't have a QB IQ or the instincts.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
ItsDookie87 said:
I guess you need to be able to read to perform the option read.
Is it read option or option read, er, uh, ah, I can't decide.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator said:
Today, he was a result of all the games and experience he has had up to this point. No leadership, poor decisions, and flat out lucky on a couple of plays. According to our head coach, this is the best quarterback we have. I am not a believer...
Tally, that is the scariest part. Our coach believes.... I don't know anything about Treon Harris but what I've seen...Poise and the ability to make the throws. How long do you think Spurrier would have put up with JD?

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz said:
I would say that JD is the worst quarterback to start a game at UF in decades, but Morningwood was worse.
I can't see that Morningwood was worse. He has slow feet but what does it matter if you're not going to use JD's feet.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Gatormac2112 said:
The coaches MUST have told him not to keep it on the read option. They need to toss that out the window as we need his threat to run to open up everything else.
Alpha, I think the lost step is between his ears.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud said:
That's our boy...
599933-dopey_large.jpg
You guys are cold as shaved ice. I would never had said such things.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd said:
He played bad and the O-line didn't make it any better, free rushers all night.
JD couldn't sniff a blitz if he was at the Battle of the Bulge.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I still say he is our best option. Does he have issues that he needs to clear up? Absolutely. I agree with SAS that any freshman b/u we have now may have shat himself and did things differently in OT. I can't say he absolutely sucked the other night either after throwing 295 yards. Many people on this board last year were stating if we could have more of a passing game, etc. I too think it was a wake up call. And right now in the SEC unless you're Vandy the teams are getting more parity than anything else. The days of a conference Patsy are going to be less and less. I think you'll see JD run more this week and some of the sweeps and plays Roper is known for. No reason to hold back. In addition, like the old saying...."you play not to get hurt....you'll more than likely get hurt." JD is somewhat playing not to get hurt IMO. He is going to have to get over that and let it all hang out.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
threatmatrix;n50958 said:
Am I the only one who still has faith in JD? To the is day I will never rematch a game QBd by JB. I think if you protect Jeff, let him run a little, and give him receivers with hands it'll be all good.

I stand with Driskel! #nomore4-8

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
KY was having success with their blitz. JD was getting popped pretty good on the echo of the whistle.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
ReelGatorDoc;n51012 said:
When is the last time you could say that we are winning the East?learn, adjust and improve

All these Debbie Downers need to get a life. Our offense has shown massive improvement from last year, and yes we have some improvements that need to be made. Is our O at NC level? No but we are on the right path.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox said:
2nd half he wasn't as bad as we made him out to be. He wasn't great, or really even good as a whole, but he wasn't terrible in the 2nd half. That TD throw really was clutch but he needs to get A LOT better.
At least 3 completitions he had in the 2nd half, would have been ints against a better defense. Especially the completition that hit the KY db in the chest, bounced off into Robinson's hands and it took it to the 11.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Slevin said:
Gator Fever;n49678 said:
He was bad - couldn't even do the zone read - would have walked for some first downs - he has no field awareness

Agreed. He was terrible. Just because he connected on some throws doesn't take away the near pick 6 that bobbled right to Demarcus that would have easily lost the game. He had multiple god awful throws and decisions that the bamas and the lsu's would 100% live off of. He hardly got the ball off with more than 13 seconds on just about any down. What happened to that tempo offense we heard all about? The zone read is just about the wrong decision every time. Completely open field to his left that he never takes advantage of. Jeff really is a potato. I backed him for so long but good god he is terrible.
The problem Rocket, that was one of about 3 completitions that would have been interceptions in the 2nd half.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n51016 said:
All these Debbie Downers need to get a life. Our offense has shown massive improvement from last year, and yes we have some improvements that need to be made. Is our O at NC level? No but we are on the right path.

I don't believe anyone is saying the coaching and playcalling of the offense is anywhere near last years level. We left a lot of plays on the field on Saturday. There are honest questions about the ability of our signal caller, but he is our best option at this point in time. This might be the best Kentucky team in 2 decades, but there were a lot of miss opportunities on the field. The playcalling was there, the defense until they were on the field most of the game was decently solid for their youth. It was the missed opportunities and the fact they are the same missed opportunities we have been seeing for 3 years now.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
TheDouglas78;n51021 said:
I don't believe anyone is saying the coaching and playcalling of the offense is anywhere near last years level. We left a lot of plays on the field on Saturday. There are honest questions about the ability of our signal caller, but he is our best option at this point in time. This might be the best Kentucky team in 2 decades, but there were a lot of miss opportunities on the field. The playcalling was there, the defense until they were on the field most of the game was decently solid for their youth. It was the missed opportunities and the fact they are the same missed opportunities we have been seeing for 3 years now.

Look Driskel had a horrible first half, however he made up for it in the second half. Yes KY is better than ever and if they were in any other conference they would be a contender. We have to remember that that was only game 2. We won in a "shoot out" something last year we couldn't do. Not only is this a W in the win column it's a W for progression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator